So what's the value of our companions' souls?

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Seeing as we will be able to sell our own souls to some higher powers for permanent tfs with a slide of stat boosts, I've gotten to wondering what value the souls of our companions will have in the game. Assuming that they have any.

Alabaster Chimes

Aug 29, 2015
First off, I'm fairly certain you won't be selling other people's souls for your own benefit.

I doubt that, we have @Franks :catte:

Also that's something that would TOTALLY happen in a game like this. In CoC1, you could turn several people into demons for giggles. In the sequel, I dont see why you couldnt do it for something more than that.

For our companions? Iffy. Other people? If it doesnt happen, consider me surprised.

Mar 6, 2018
Yeah, but that's in order to get Lethicite. If the devil arrives at your doorstep, and offers you a deal for your soul, could you just be like "Okay, but instead of me, I'll give you my sister's soul".?

Attachments

• download.png
    download.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 286

Alabaster Chimes

Aug 29, 2015
Yeah, but that's in order to get Lethicite. If the devil arrives at your doorstep, and offers you a deal for your soul, could you just be like "Okay, but instead of me, I'll give you my sister's soul".?

I'm not going to fault you for not reading around the forums here for info but.....

-Level 3. Selling your soul to one of the Seven. Kitsune TF for Keros, Valkyrie TF for Lumia, etc, etc.

Thats for getting some special TF's, and I assume the selling your soul part can be used in other things as well, say..... a perk? Demons are no longer the only "Soul takers". There are now actual gods (Marae wasnt what Id call an ACTUAL one) that you can sell your souls too. Demons are just the other side now.

However, Demons didnt really have you "sell" your souls to them. They TOOK it from you, and whoever they wanted it from. Hell, YOU took it from people. No selling there.

There would be consequences btw, for not using YOUR soul in that Devil analogy. Your think in IRL terms. But in CoC2 terms, the character that loses the soul is gonna have a debilitation of some kind.

If you sell say Cait's soul (Cat girl companion) to Mallach, the God of passion and lust, she may become some hyper sexed slut (bimbo maybe?) who can no longer heal and she is THE Healbot of the game, BUT she can do MASSIVE lust damage now and has some KILLER sex scenes to boot. Lethicite isnt involved.

On the other hand, if you or a demon corrupts Cait enough to have her LOSE her soul, she becomes a demon. And Im not sure if whatll happen then.

The demon part is probably something thatll only happen for NPC's. And Companions as I said, is Iffy all on its own.

balitz Method

Aug 13, 2016
With the gods it sounds more like pledging yourself to one of them in order to receive their boons and blessings with an obvious mutual exclusivity: you can't pledge your soul and loyalty to two gods without inviting the wrath of the harem police.

Alabaster Chimes

Aug 29, 2015
With the gods it sounds more like pledging yourself to one of them in order to receive their boons and blessings with an obvious mutual exclusivity: you can't pledge your soul and loyalty to two gods without inviting the wrath of the harem police.

Would you like to play Skyrim with me? Ill have to restart my playthrough where Ive pledged myself to ALL THE GODS THAT EXIST IN NIRNN. I wonder who's gonna get my soul?

422832185507053589.png

(Ironic joke is Ironic)

Reactions: Run That Fade

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
From what I understand of things, the transaction for soul for powers is something that one carries out like most transactions. You give up your currency and get the service in exchange. Given that one can cum their soul out in the setting, I was thinking about what the value of that was, and getting a companion to directly sell their soul isn't something i really considered being an option.
Would you like to play Skyrim with me? Ill have to restart my playthrough where Ive pledged myself to ALL THE GODS THAT EXIST IN NIRNN. I wonder who's gonna get my soul?

422832185507053589.png

(Ironic joke is Ironic)
The thing we skyrim is that there's a fair bit of interesting shit going on for the LDB's soul. Akatosh has the biggest claim for obvious reasons but Hermaeus Mora has some weird ties to Akatosh and has already proven to be able to work around the whole debate by simply rescuing his dragonborn champions from death. However that is all rather off-topic

Reactions: Alabaster Chimes

Alabaster Chimes

Aug 29, 2015
The Skyrim soul joke has been brought up a few times, thought itd be funny. Was just being a bit coy.

Was probably dumb though.

Last edited:

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
The problem I have always had with the idea of selling someone else's soul is that it should be equivalent exchange. One soul in exchange for power. But where is that power going to go? The soul packed person who made the deal or the person with the brand new vacancy? You haven't made a deal for yourself, you've brokered a deal for another...and you don't get a commission.

I know that this won't happen in CoCII, its just a pet peeve of mine with regards to the concept as a whole.

That said, I don't mind someone sacrificing souls to defer payment. You sold your soul years ago and your patron is collecting, just keep throwing souls at them to get yourself some more time. At least in that regard it makes sense. Somewhat.

Last edited:

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I mean there's other things to do with souls in the setting besides just straight trading them to deities and ways to get said souls from people without forcing them to make the transaction. Like I"m pretty sure you could get up to some shit in CoC with the few chunks of lethite you could get your hands on.

Sifen

Apr 4, 2018
The thing we skyrim is that there's a fair bit of interesting shit going on for the LDB's soul. Akatosh has the biggest claim for obvious reasons but Hermaeus Mora has some weird ties to Akatosh and has already proven to be able to work around the whole debate by simply rescuing his dragonborn champions from death. However that is all rather off-topic
There is also the theory that TLD is a avatar of Lorkhan (also known as Shor, with the alternate name of his avatar being a Shezarrine), which would mean he would have the greatest claim to his own soul ( entertaining thinking about all these daedra and aedra bricking over who gets their soul, and the TLD just gives them all the middle finger and Poofs into a cloud of smoke leaving them all going "LORKHAM!!!".) :
http//elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Shezarrine

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
There is also the theory that TLD is a avatar of Lorkhan (also known as Shor, with the alternate name of his avatar being a Shezarrine), which would mean he would have the greatest claim to his own soul ( entertaining thinking about all these daedra and aedra bricking over who gets their soul, and the TLD just gives them all the middle finger and Poofs into a cloud of smoke leaving them all going "LORKHAM!!!".) :
http//elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Shezarrine
Yeah, that's also a possibility.

Also use uesp.net for tes stuff. The wikia is an abomination.

Sifen

Apr 4, 2018
Yeah, that's also a possibility.

Also use uesp.net for tes stuff. The wikia is an abomination.
You mean it's apocrypha. Speaking of which, Hermaeus Mora would be the main patron deity for smut. Anyway, jokes aside, I'll try to remember that.

mrpockets

Apr 8, 2017
i always considered the characters i play as to be worshipers of the Deadric prince of player character and the benefits included save/load file and access to the command console.

cloer

Jun 3, 2018
I think the answer to the initial question is pretty simple:

- To give away someone else's sould you have to take it from them.
- Taking a soul is something demons do.
- If you become an actual demon in CoC2, you have lost the game.

So, if you tried to do it, say, because of the temptations of a god (assuming that not all of them are 100% "good" and probably have their own agendas) it'd probably end in a bad end.

Game over, man. GAME OVER!