So, how does marriage work?

Doeber

Feb 23, 2017
I just got to the point where Atani confesses her love to me and asks me to take her as my wife. I know you can marry at least one other NPC (Kiyoko) and am wondering what exactly the nuances of marriage are in this game? Can I only marry one NPC or is polygamy supported? Will Atani get upset if I keep sleeping around with other NPCs like companions, the cat harem, etc.?

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Polygamy's a thing in these games and nobody really seems to have an issue with it, just like with polyamory. Hell, in the case of the kitsune it's pretty much culturally expected of the Champion that someone of their status will have concubines. Atani herself recognizes during her confession that she might not be the only one in your life and she's fine with it as long as she can have as much of you as anyone else.

So no, marriage isn't going to lock you into only sleeping with that character or see them getting upset with you if you're sleeping around or marry other people as well. I imagine that would be a bitch to code too, even if someone wanted to.

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017
A conversation regarding that with the kitsune would be pretty nice i think, even if that's something we already know, just like the conversation you have with Atani where she tells you it's fine to sleep around.

Reactions: DaisukeKaiser

Doeber

Feb 23, 2017
Polygamy's a thing in these games and nobody really seems to have an issue with it, just like with polyamory. Hell, in the case of the kitsune it's pretty much culturally expected of the Champion that someone of their status will have concubines. Atani herself recognizes during her confession that she might not be the only one in your life and she's fine with it as long as she can have as much of you as anyone else.

So no, marriage isn't going to lock you into only sleeping with that character or see them getting upset with you if you're sleeping around or marry other people as well. I imagine that would be a bitch to code too, even if someone wanted to.

Thanks. I suspected that was the case but I wanted to be sure.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
mas é interessante que se o PC já fodeu Kiyoko e Cait, ele pode ter um sonho com uma versão ciumenta e comovente de Kiyoko!
Sir this is an English forum.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
Sir this is an English forum.
By Jove! Jolly good show, giving Salomon the old what for, eh? Just capital, old bean! Pip pip!

;)

Oh, and to stay on topic...

Sometimes.

Last edited:

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017
mas é interessante que se o PC já fodeu Kiyoko e Cait, ele pode ter um sonho com uma versão ciumenta e comovente de Kiyoko!
I get what you mean, it is really interesting, but let's keep this an english only forum for the sake of everybody's understanding shall we?

Akhter13

Aug 30, 2015
Maybe I should add a talk topic to Sanders or something about how marriage laws work in the Marches and what's typically expected of everyone involved.
Possibly include inheritance as well, otherwise the Champ's kids will sort it out "Ottoman style".

Reactions: Salomon

Stemwinder

Jun 15, 2018
Maybe I should add a talk topic to Sanders or something about how marriage laws work in the Marches and what's typically expected of everyone involved.
Is there even a consensus? The Marches seem like a hodgepodge of a dozen distinct cultures with none having an obvious unifying superiority over the other.

Reactions: Salomon

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Possibly include inheritance as well, otherwise the Champ's kids will sort it out "Ottoman style".

If I've learned anything from my low-sleep weekend binging on CK3, it's that confederate partitioning is absolute fucking cancer.

Therefore clearly confederate partition is the law of the land in the Marches :^)

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Look, if and when the Champion dies, have their closest friends dig a pit large enough for the Champion's kids to fit into. Then throw a knife into the centre of the pit, last kid standing wins their parent's shit.

(And that's made me think that if Meadow Steele did that, they'd have to use the Valles Marineris on Mars)

Salomon

Jun 17, 2019
Curitiba, Paraná, Brasil
considering that my main character, Inari (and main say why I should now have en around 73), sold his soul to Keros in exchange for some fluffy tails, I imagine something more like the period of Japanese civil wars, so that much bigger if it depends on the-baby-factory/Kiyoko

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
Well, when it comes to inheritence, human history usually resorts to one simple method: Kill your siblings.
Too often putting them into a marriage, or a cloister or exiling them simply does not work - too often they come back.
So, in grand human..oid tradition, I expect the champions children to inherit a part of his wealth and then use their part to go to war with their siblings until nothing is actually left to win..

Well, time to go back to CK3 and try to create an empire that my heirs won't fuck up. Again. -_-

dreamchaser

Jan 27, 2021
Well, when it comes to inheritence, human history usually resorts to one simple method: Kill your siblings.
Too often putting them into a marriage, or a cloister or exiling them simply does not work - too often they come back.
So, in grand human..oid tradition, I expect the champions children to inherit a part of his wealth and then use their part to go to war with their siblings until nothing is actually left to win..

Well, time to go back to CK3 and try to create an empire that my heirs won't fuck up. Again. -_-
Honestly, I agree with you.
History has shown that the strongest are those who lead and have absolute power. It doesn't matter who they had to kill for this power: siblings, parents, children, or wife. Example : Spartans. If husbands decide to kill their wives, breakupangels.com doesn't help either.
By the way, this game is one of my favorites, I wonder if anyone is still playing ?

Last edited:

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Honestly, I agree with you.
History has shown that the strongest are those who lead and have absolute power. It doesn't matter who they had to kill for this power: siblings, parents, children, or wife. Example : Spartans.
By the way, this game is one of my favorites, I wonder if anyone is still playing ?
Don't see why people wouldn't still be playing it, it's in active development.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016

In actual human history, family ties did mean a lot to people, and still do, which is why there is still a humanity left, why people keep making big families, and why the overwhelming majority of inheritances weren't fought over.

It's easy to meme about the times the dog barked in the nighttime, and there were a lot of them, but there were far more nights when nothing bad happened and the dog got to be comfy.

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
So polygamy is okay huh..? Time to marry all the influential Marchers and unite the Frost Marches under the Champion's banner.
Kiyoko
Ryn
Arona
Brienne
Atani
Ahmri
Even Carmen.

lol.

Reactions: Savin

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
Don't see why people wouldn't still be playing it, it's in active development.
I'm pretty sure his post was just an excuse to shill for a bullshit website he's getting paid to advertise. We've had a lot of those assholes lately.

Reactions: Malidica

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
What about gay options? Brint isnt gay or even bi AFAICT.
Bruh he literally tells you he will sleep with men and women all the same.
That bull hunk be bi.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
As mentioned, Brint is totally bi and will mention marriage to the Champ regardless of their gender. In fact, almost all of the (potential) marriage partners in the game don't care about gender. The only one who does is Kiyoko and that's only because you can't get to the point of marrying her without having had a penis at one point. But she'll still marry the Champ if they've TFed it away.

For that matter most of the characters period don't care about gender or appearance, with a few exceptions.

Last edited:

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
That bull hunk be bi.

As mentioned, Brint is totally bi and will mention marriage to the Champ regardless of their gender. In fact, almost all of the (potential) marriage partners in the game don't care about gender. The only one who does is Kiyoko and that's only because you can't get to the point of marrying her without having had a penis at one point. But she'll still marry the Champ if they've TFed it away.

For that matter most of the characters period don't care about gender or appearance, with a few exceptions.

My apologies. :/

Salomon

Jun 17, 2019
Curitiba, Paraná, Brasil
Brienne/Brint is the only one on that list who isn't an influential marcher :p
We know almost nothing about his past! He can be the son of a legendary adventurer, a high priestess or even a distant relative of the Mino royalty!
We will have to wait until Khor'minos is supplemented so we can get to know the family and the past of our favorite walking steak! (and I would really love it if we could get to know Brint / Brienne's family, maybe even with that classic scene from his mother suffocating our entire party in a big maternal hug and telling us about several incredibly embarrassing stories about his childhood, while he stays so red it would look like a bull from Apollo's herd!)
@Wsan , this is a golden opportunity!
He sleeps with you just the same as a dude. He has a couple of femboy-exclusive scenes even.
That bull hunk be bi.

This bull has already surpassed bisexuality a long time ago!
He's at least pansexual:ghost:! In fact, from my point of view, he would go to bed with just about anything that was :siren:legally capable of giving consent:siren:!

He has a couple of femboy-exclusive scenes even.
Did I say how much I love you for that?:allears: