Skyrim how many of you still play? Post thoughts.

Still play it? How modded

• Yes. But not so modded.

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • No I'm bored of it.

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Yes heavily modded.

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Not so much.

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

Lone Wolf115

Multi choice poll.
I still play it I'm on xbox one so modding is limited.

Everyone's thoughts on a CoC 1 mod for Skyrim the original not the modded ones.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Skyrim is peak Bethesda. Great world building, interesting concepts, and serviceable combat while being boring as hell. Without mods, Skyrim is extremely repetitive. It's go here and kill bandits, go through this dungeon and get the thing, or go collect shit. It's better than Fallout 4, but it's a prime example of how Bethesda games only survive because of mods.

Lone Wolf115

Skyrim is peak Bethesda. Great world building, interesting concepts, and serviceable combat while being boring as hell. Without mods, Skyrim is extremely repetitive. It's go here and kill bandits, go through this dungeon and get the thing, or go collect shit.
Very true even with Skyrim mods on Xbox is the same I hope one day to get a pc to get all the "fun" mods and we both know and everyone else knows what I mean just seems a little fun to say it that way I need a really good pc to play stuff like Breeders of Nephelym and Wild Life. Just a laptop for those no pun at all for laptop, a good strong one fast to.

Lone Wolf115

haha Fallout New Vegas for life.
Hell yeah. Base game New Vegas is great. It doesn't even need mods. They just make a great game better. And playable with some bugfixes.
I have to admit that on 360 it was not meant for that console, because I've laser burned two copies from playing it for to long it was made for the xbox one the should move it to that console entirely.
Now whose side did you take in that or did you go solo and make Vegas independent. Fallout 4 Brotherhood of Steel sucks basically just Nazis.

Here is the real centaur dilemma.

Last edited:

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Anyone who uses Nexus for their Skyrim mods should be aware that many mod authors and developers are removing their mods from the site, due to the recent policy changes implemented by the Nexus. So if you have any favourite mods, back them up or be aware where the mod authors are going now.

king of tentacle

Mar 30, 2017
yep I keep coming up with ways to do adult skyrim 500+ mods on mo2 with fnis+nemesis animation setup of around 50000 anims mostly sex related
for dedicated succubus playthrough (fucking entire dungeons to death, etc) majority of my mods come from loverslab;) making bimbo characters is also very fun here is my current enderal character negotiating with the local law
20210630021542_1.jpg

Last edited:

Lone Wolf115

A request for the mods that you or anyone else use put them here and if anyone knows how to get them on a xbox one I know that bethesda wouldn't and won't put them on their mods page so there's got to be a way to do it if not put them here the fact that the nexus is having them get rid of them is just fucking stupid why do people get so stingy about this kinda stuff.
yep I keep coming up with ways to do adult skyrim 500+ mods on mo2 with fnis+nemesis animation setup of around 50000 anims mostly sex related
for dedicated succubus playthrough (fucking entire dungeons to death, etc) majority of my mods come from loverslab;) making bimbo characters is also very fun here is my current enderal character negotiating with the local law

Sasqutch421

Dec 15, 2018
Nebraska
Still play with no mods... Never have finished it because I constantly create new characters to do quests differently.

Lone Wolf115

Still play with no mods... Never have finished it because I constantly create new characters to do quests differently.
I used to do the same thing trust me it's a hard cycle to break but I believe you can do it. I especially did it with a game based on the Avatar movie. The one thing that I still do is one save per character I'll only do another for certain circumstances.
Edit: Here's a tip that could help you find a race you like for me it's the Khajiit always female, that can help you the one you like will be the one you will want to stay with the gender is also something that you might want to test make two characters male then female then you will stay with, one more thing make them both the same play style.

Last edited:

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021

I've tried that but there's only so much you can do and I usually default to my usual build anyway. But honestly, for Skyrim and Fallout 4, mods are more of a bandaid.

I think fallout 4 is worse though. They took Skyrim's radiant quests and replaced most quests with those. And the game is barren to accommodate the boring settlement building which did end up being required in some way to progress the story after all. And even before and after, they have several faction characters who strongly encourage using that lame ass mechanic. At least Skyrim felt like it was trying. The only positives for Fallout 4 are the improvements to the graphics and the weapon customization being so varied. But this is about Skyrim and I could write an essay on why I hate Fallout the 4th. Now if you don't mind, there's a settlement that needs your help. I'll mark it on your map. And be quick about it. I've got more settlement quests queued up.

Lone Wolf115

Now if you don't mind, there's a settlement that needs your help. I'll mark it on your map. And be quick about it. I've got more settlement quests queued up.
He gets off on it trust me.
Preston: Hey a settle-
Sole Survivor: I gotta go. (Pulls up Pipboy fast travel and disappears.)

Reactions: Burnerbro

Burnerbro

Oct 24, 2020
Just watching Preston's interactions without ever playing the game was enough for me to get fed up with the bugger. A friend of mine bought the Nuka-Cola World DLC just so he could piss Preston off (and get a 'god-tier' AK lookalike).

Skyrim did almost nothing for me, mostly because I was hyped up by a coulple friends sharing some lore titbits and vague memories of Morrowind for a wild adventure in a fantasy world that is unlike anything else on the market - and got what looked like pretty by the book Norse fantasy. The questing system would have been fine if the devs either leaned into emergent gameplay and made the world less static, or if they scaled it down and hand crafted some good stories.

Call me back when Bethesda releases a full-dive edition with full mode support :catte:

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Ruby Opal

Aug 8, 2021
Nárnia
my skyrim had so many mods that i spent more time solving conflicts and bugs than playing games. and strangely, i started playing coc2 because of skyrim, as i had seen a coc1 mod on loverslab and i was curious (this was in 2018, september if i'm not mistaken)

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
I've got about 300ish hours total playing Skyrim unmodded.

Kinda wish there was more to the difficulty then jacking up enemy health. And that certain glitches were patched (Fortify Restoration being a big offender). Also, couldn't they fix SOME of the bugs for the Special Edition? Reee.

It's a fun game, but it's got some problems then have been numerated elsewhere. Also, Nexus mods doing stupid stuff.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Kinda wish there was more to the difficulty then jacking up enemy health.
The problems with upping difficulty in Skyrim lies within the vanilla combat system.

Even when you block/parry targets take damage and ranged attacks like arrows cannot be blocked even if you have your shield up. This leads to solutions like high damage/same health as used in Fallout 4 to not work well as it turns combat into strike first, win first.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
The problems with upping difficulty in Skyrim lies within the vanilla combat system.

Even when you block/parry targets take damage and ranged attacks like arrows cannot be blocked even if you have your shield up. This leads to solutions like high damage/same health as used in Fallout 4 to not work well as it turns combat into strike first, win first.
I play with Wildcat, which among other things, can randomly apply 'injuries' with various effects. Head injuries drain Magicka.
I also play with Ordinator (Perk overhaul, same author). One of the perks in Alteration makes Novice spells cost 0 Magicka.
Personally, I found Head injuries to be fairly common, until I picked up that perk. After that, I never got them (the perk is still useful, but still).

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
I want to play, but with the recent update I didn’t update because the update would make some mods unusable, so I have to play offline and thus I can’t access the mods menu

• Sad

Lone Wolf115

I want to play, but with the recent update I didn’t update because the update would make some mods unusable, so I have to play offline and thus I can’t access the mods menu
I feel you I believe that happened to me in fallout 4 on my ps4.

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
Really? How?

I want to play fo4, but my xb uninstalled it when I was dl another game, so I have to reinstall and organise all the mods, which takes me about 30 minutes, at the same time, I get very bad frame drops even with performance mods installed

Last edited:

Lone Wolf115

Really? How?

I want to play fo4, but my xb uninstalled it when I was dl another game, so I have to reinstall and organise all the mods, which takes me about 30 minutes, at the same time, I get very bad frame drops even with performance mods installed
It was a while ago and the mods on the ps4 stopped working, and they didn't work again it was no mods after that, on my Xbox one I had a mod conflicting with another an removed the one that interfered with me going into cities. On your Xbox one you probably just don't have enough space. Just get the disc (physical copy.)

Reactions: Skylinegtr34