Since you thought it was a nice mod and included it in links

morag

Nov 6, 2017
Are you planning to implement into coc 2 something close to CoC prisoner mod for submissive players? It would be fun to have something like that and having this section influencing the game after you spend time there depends on your actions. Or any other awesome mechanics for sub players like traveling with dominant partner/having certain characters making that you kinda controlling the game as the player but still having a sense that you have someone in charge around.

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
Are you planning to implement into coc 2 something close to CoC prisoner mod for submissive players? It would be fun to have something like that and having this section influencing the game after you spend time there depends on your actions. Or any other awesome mechanics for sub players like traveling with dominant partner/having certain characters making that you kinda controlling the game as the player but still having a sense that you have someone in charge around.
I don't think anything like this is planned currently, but it's not out of the question. There would be a lot of caveats though, anything like this would need to be self-contained. We aren't going to expand everything mechanically or writing-wise to make the PC a slave-- but there could be a dungeon where the whole point is you are a slave similar to the prison in the CoC mod.

morag

Nov 6, 2017
Thanks for the response. Yeah, I realize that making character a slave for whole game will be a bit silly, since it's not what this game about, but achieving certain unique traits or skills or stat changes in the dungeon section that would alter your experience a bit/remind you about stuff happening there would be fun.

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
Hm, this gave me an idea actually... It could be interesting to build into the game perks similar to the "Ultra-exhibitionist" perk from TiTS, but for various stuff.... One for exhibitionist of course, one for being a sub, one for being a dom (mutually exclusive with sub, perhaps?), and so on... and if this is done early enough, and authors are encouraged to do so, they could use the presence of those perks to make certain things happen. For example have a character with the exhibitionist perk eagerly remove clothes if needed, or someone with the sub perk enjoys being dommed rather than being written as not enjoying it.

This would be a fairly easy way to bring a measure of consistency of character across all authors... Not all that much, but a little bit. For the extra dedicated author, there could be entire scenes for a specific perk.

Balaknightfang

Resident Coke Addict
Aug 5, 2018
Hm, this gave me an idea actually... It could be interesting to build into the game perks similar to the "Ultra-exhibitionist" perk from TiTS, but for various stuff.... One for exhibitionist of course, one for being a sub, one for being a dom (mutually exclusive with sub, perhaps?), and so on... and if this is done early enough, and authors are encouraged to do so, they could use the presence of those perks to make certain things happen. For example have a character with the exhibitionist perk eagerly remove clothes if needed, or someone with the sub perk enjoys being dommed rather than being written as not enjoying it.

This would be a fairly easy way to bring a measure of consistency of character across all authors... Not all that much, but a little bit. For the extra dedicated author, there could be entire scenes for a specific perk.

Kinda like Lilith's Throne, then? It might also be interesting to be able to apply some of the companion tags to the PC as well, for added scene variation and for a wider inclusion of personality types a PC might have, instead of just the current "Dark Knight/Champion/Bimbo" we currently have (as well as the player's cunning). The issue I could see with this idea is that it'll end up like Taur bodies and whatnot: underused by writers and to much work to really be worth it.

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
The issue is it then becomes the writer's responsibility to account for these perks. If you have an ultra-sub perk and your character does anything dommy it feels stupid.

It's like if you're a Taur and a scene mentions you climbing a tree. If the writer just ignores it and writes as if you aren't a Taur not only is there no point to being a Taur, but it's also completely contrary to the character the game let you make.

It's different than say just having horns or not, since even if a writer ignores horns as long as they don't say something like "your smooth, hornless head" the writing isnt actually contrary to your character, it's just less-detailed.

Reactions: Savin

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
The issue is it then becomes the writer's responsibility to account for these perks. If you have an ultra-sub perk and your character does anything dommy it feels stupid.

It's like if you're a Taur and a scene mentions you climbing a tree. If the writer just ignores it and writes as if you aren't a Taur not only is there no point to being a Taur, but it's also completely contrary to the character the game let you make.

It's different than say just having horns or not, since even if a writer ignores horns as long as they don't say something like "your smooth, hornless head" the writing isnt actually contrary to your character, it's just less-detailed.

Hm, that is a very good point. At that point, I guess the question becomes "is the resulting increase in quality worth having to enforce it?". I personally think so... For one, it would be trivial to code a scene so that it locks people out if they have the opposite perk (as in, if you have the ultra-sub you can't use dom-heavy scenes) in a similar way as scenes are coded so people without a penis can't access penis-only scenes. This would also let writers assume the character is a switch unless otherwise specified. For exhibitionist it's even simpler, as you can always assume a normal state of mind regarding clothing without the perk, and there (sadly) aren't all that many exhibitionist specific scenes anyway... and those that are could probably benefit from having a confirmation of "yes, this character *really* likes their titties hanging out" and write for it specifically.

I might be missing something important though... Any thoughts on this? Does it sound viable or am I completely insane here?

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Hm, that is a very good point. At that point, I guess the question becomes "is the resulting increase in quality worth having to enforce it?". I personally think so... For one, it would be trivial to code a scene so that it locks people out if they have the opposite perk (as in, if you have the ultra-sub you can't use dom-heavy scenes) in a similar way as scenes are coded so people without a penis can't access penis-only scenes. This would also let writers assume the character is a switch unless otherwise specified. For exhibitionist it's even simpler, as you can always assume a normal state of mind regarding clothing without the perk, and there (sadly) aren't all that many exhibitionist specific scenes anyway... and those that are could probably benefit from having a confirmation of "yes, this character *really* likes their titties hanging out" and write for it specifically.

I might be missing something important though... Any thoughts on this? Does it sound viable or am I completely insane here?
You'd have to do a blanket assumption that all scenes might have the PC not be ultra-subby, IMHO.

This is really something that shouldn't be a perk; the dungeon/area idea is far more solid and doesn't force every scene to make a ticked note or need to be flagged out of what would honestly not get used that much. If people want to make you a sub, they won't really care about a perk that isn't necessary to do it.

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
You'd have to do a blanket assumption that all scenes might have the PC not be ultra-subby, IMHO.

This is really something that shouldn't be a perk; the dungeon/area idea is far more solid and doesn't force every scene to make a ticked note or need to be flagged out of what would honestly not get used that much. If people want to make you a sub, they won't really care about a perk that isn't necessary to do it.

Eh, I guess you're right. I do think it has potential for exhibitionists though, as that's a relatively uncommon thing to have in straight up sex scenes, and as such everyone who actually writes one is doing it specifically to cater to exhibitionists... and thus, having the perk as a marker that you can go all out on those characters seems like a great idea IMO.

Basically, like TITS but hopefully people actually *use* it. It's trivial to make a check if the character has a perk or not, after all! If it isn't already, it really should not be hard to write a function to make it easy.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
It's not a question of coding, Rain. It's a question of writing the content around it.

Which nobody does. That's why I cut a bunch of TF paths already, and I'm not going to add new mechanics nobody's going to use if I can help it. I'd rather have a smaller number of potential variations, but have the extant ones all get lots of love, than have a million half-baked ones. Like the new deepthroating mechanic in TiTS is dumb because there's already loads of scenes that have the PC deepthroat, and nobody's gonna go back and make them all account for having that perk or not. And few if any people are going to account for the perk's presence going forward; whether you have it or not, you're still going to deepthroat dicks all the time if you opt into sucking cock.

The better way to look at this sort of quandary is "Does not interacting with [game mechanic] add to the game in anyway?"

If the answer is "no" then you should probably either discount that idea, or consider it to be a core part of the game that everyone just has access to. In this case, not being an Ultrasub wouldn't really add anything to the game; I'd rather just leave it in the player's hands if they want to consent to and see ultra-submissive content on a case-by-case basis -- the same way we ask you with every other scene you end up reading (except loss scenes).

Reactions: Senera2000

morag

Nov 6, 2017
It's not a question of coding, Rain. It's a question of writing the content around it.

Which nobody does. That's why I cut a bunch of TF paths already, and I'm not going to add new mechanics nobody's going to use if I can help it. I'd rather have a smaller number of potential variations, but have the extant ones all get lots of love, than have a million half-baked ones. Like the new deepthroating mechanic in TiTS is dumb because there's already loads of scenes that have the PC deepthroat, and nobody's gonna go back and make them all account for having that perk or not. And few if any people are going to account for the perk's presence going forward; whether you have it or not, you're still going to deepthroat dicks all the time if you opt into sucking cock.

Yeah, it makes sense from the developer standpoint and I am not familiar with the way coding is going for your games so my ideas may sound silly. It makes me think that your project is an open source mess with quite a lot of people writing it from time to time a very chaotic way or you are just changing programmers too often and getting stuck in foreign code.

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016

That was basically what I was saying; It's so easy to code, the only thing that is necessary is to write the content for it. No need to implement any complicated handling systems or anything.

To a degree, I disagree with your policy of not adding mechanics unless the majority of authors would use it, but I suppose there's not really much I could do about it, and I don't feel strongly enough about it to really go any further anyway.

I do wonder though, will ultra-exhibitionist make a return, or is that perk cut as well?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
That was basically what I was saying; It's so easy to code, the only thing that is necessary is to write the content for it. No need to implement any complicated handling systems or anything.

To a degree, I disagree with your policy of not adding mechanics unless the majority of authors would use it, but I suppose there's not really much I could do about it, and I don't feel strongly enough about it to really go any further anyway.

I do wonder though, will ultra-exhibitionist make a return, or is that perk cut as well?

I've never even heard of that perk.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Its when you're so much of an exhibitionist, that you peel off your skin and muscles and walk around as a skeleton.

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Skeleton perks banned plz

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Its when you're so much of an exhibitionist, that you peel off your skin and muscles and walk around as a skeleton.
latest

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
I've never even heard of that perk.

I am genuinely not sure if you're just messing around now or not, so Imma assume you aren't and accept the doofus hat if you were

The ultra-exhibitionist perk is a perk in TiTS that is acquired when you have 100 exhibitionist score, and then continue doing exhibitionist stuff for a while. It prevents your exhibitionist score from ever falling (thus locking you into the most exhibitionist state possible). I'm pretty sure having it unlocks the public striptease fap option (that doesn't actually reduce your lust, but rather increases it) in cities.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I am genuinely not sure if you're just messing around now or not, so Imma assume you aren't and accept the doofus hat if you were

The ultra-exhibitionist perk is a perk in TiTS that is acquired when you have 100 exhibitionist score, and then continue doing exhibitionist stuff for a while. It prevents your exhibitionist score from ever falling (thus locking you into the most exhibitionist state possible). I'm pretty sure having it unlocks the public striptease fap option (that doesn't actually reduce your lust, but rather increases it) in cities.
:eyepop:

Genuinely the first time I've heard about any of this.

That said, that makes sense as it's building off an extant mechanic (exhibitionism) and just adds to it. There's no subbiness/domminess meters in the games, so *shrug*

Reactions: Raindrops

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
:eyepop:

Genuinely the first time I've heard about any of this.

That said, that makes sense as it's building off an extant mechanic (exhibitionism) and just adds to it. There's no subbiness/domminess meters in the games, so *shrug*

Fair enough there. I personally mainly care about the exhibitionism one, as that's my fav part, I just extended it to the dom/sub stuff because I figured it made sense. As long as the exhibitionism perk (and by extension, exhibitionism content) makes it into the game, I will be a happy catbirb