Ship sizes and Ship classes?

zelda_fan6284

What are the ship sizes, ship classes, and what are the size ranges for the ship classes in T.I.T.S game?

I know of Capital and fighters but not sure on sizes or where they fit in the ship classes.

Also what ship classes are player and n.p.c ships we seen thus far?

I need to know these things for some content I'm planning.

(Wasn't sure where to ask or put this question at.)

Klaptrap

Aug 27, 2015
Details are rare because everything is still pretty much under construction. Classes and sizes weren't even mentioned in the last ship news post, so we have nothing to go on other than the promise that Capitol ships will definitely be A Thing.

zelda_fan6284

Details are rare because everything is still pretty much under construction. Classes and sizes weren't even mentioned in the last ship news post, so we have nothing to go on other than the promise that Capitol ships will definitely be A Thing.

Well that fucks over my plans cause I need to know the classes and sizes for alot of details that I simply can't do cause it a very important puzzle piece in said plans.

I'd post what I have but it would not be much cause I just don't have that very important puzzle piece that I need.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
yeah waiting for ship stuff is pretty much the biggest bit of thing to do right now as far as content hurdles are.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I think devs briefly meantioned in past about many of ship classes been close/the same named as types we typicaly see in all space movies.

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
A class of a ship is a Calvinball affair in reality since mankind made a boat and started defining them in broad categories. Space boats will be little different.

You'd be best off emailing Fenoxo your inquiry to try and get a footnote idea of how things will hash out, mandatory capital ships aside.

A79

May 18, 2017
Carl's backyard
A class of a ship is a Calvinball affair in reality since mankind made a boat and started defining them in broad categories. Space boats will be little different.

You'd be best off emailing Fenoxo your inquiry to try and get a footnote idea of how things will hash out, mandatory capital ships aside.

Someone else remembers Calvinball? lmao

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
I know, but the strip was discontinued almost 30 years ago.
It did receive several compendium book releases however, and that combined with it's continued (small) presence in apparel and bootleg merchandise has led a significant number of people to know things about it.

A79

May 18, 2017
Carl's backyard
It did receive several compendium book releases however, and that combined with it's continued (small) presence in apparel and bootleg merchandise has led a significant number of people to know things about it.

True. Let me also apologize for the derail I've started. Back on topic, I REALLY hope to never see SDF class vessels in game.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
True. Let me also apologize for the derail I've started. Back on topic, I REALLY hope to never see SDF class vessels in game.
Now that I know what SDF vessels are, I agree. Something that huge would probably just be impractical from a development stand point, let alone the player's.

A79

May 18, 2017
Carl's backyard
Now that I know what SDF vessels are, I agree. Something that huge would probably just be impractical from a development stand point, let alone the player's.

If it's large enough to have its own city, its too big. lol
It seems I must apologize again, I assumed based on your username that you were a Robotech fan.

Last edited:

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
If it's large enough to have its own city, its too big. lol
It seems I must apologize again, I assumed based on your username that you were a Robotech fan.
Lol, that's quite alright. It's not like anything bad happened because you assumed that, I just looked up a supermassive space ship that I might not have otherwise.

A79

May 18, 2017
Carl's backyard
Lol, that's quite alright. It's not like anything bad happened because you assumed that, I just looked up a supermassive space ship that I might not have otherwise.

The original 36 episode Macross series is good, everything after that.... Not so much. Avoid the Harmony Gold dub.

Arhon

Jun 22, 2016
Well that fucks over my plans cause I need to know the classes and sizes for alot of details that I simply can't do cause it a very important puzzle piece in said plans.

I'd post what I have but it would not be much cause I just don't have that very important puzzle piece that I need.
Well if you are planning to make an event or content with ships then you should ask Gedan as i think he is the one who is writing the Ship changes?

Maybe he will give you some information for the ship changes and you could use that information to make event/content and have it be released at the same time with the ship changes?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
For a city hidden in ship. Well... all ships below Captial tier would have limited amount of space for crew members. So Capital-tier ones may as well be something likt those city ships or even bigger if Fen&Co would be in modd to make such huge ones.

zelda_fan6284

Well if you are planning to make an event or content with ships then you should ask Gedan as i think he is the one who is writing the Ship changes?

Maybe he will give you some information for the ship changes and you could use that information to make event/content and have it be released at the same time with the ship changes?

First off, I think Gedan might actually be female not male from what I have heard.

Also it is possible Gedan might be mad at me so, I doubt she would be willing or would be too busy to answer my ship based questions anyways.

But...

If @Gedan would be willing to answer my ship related questions at the beginning of this thread that would be great and would help for what I am planning alot but I'm not gonna hold my breath on that she probably too busy anyways.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Gedan hasn't even finished the framework for ship stuff, let alone specifics like size.

All we know is that there'll be a range of ships, with different sizes and functionality. Why do you need to know specifics for what you're writing? Do you need it to have a crew of 1000 or something?

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
There aren't true "classes" of ships, just arbitrary classifications applied to various designs we have to hand. The two things we know for sure is that the starter ship is going to be fucking tiny and there's going to be a fucking monstrously huge ship that'll qualify as "capital" because I want it. There is room for a whole ecosystem of different sizes between that, and it p much depends entirely on what people want to write and add to the system.

Reactions: null_blank

shrikes

Apr 24, 2017
Great! Now all I need is a dog-like companion and I'm all set.
Ah! But does your space Winnebago have a Mr. Coffee machine? You need to have coffee while you watch your Mr. Radar screen... Personally, I visualize the starter ship as the Ebon Hawk from KotOR rather than a space winnebago, but I can totally see that working too.

there's going to be a fucking monstrously huge ship that'll qualify as "capital" because I want it.
I kinda like the idea of a gigantic capital ship commanded by capt. steele visiting some tiny backwater plant and just dwarfing the orbital station it's docked at. Kind of like if a nimitz class aircraft carrier just beached itself on a small island in french polynesia and doubled the local population. :p

Arhon

Jun 22, 2016
First off, I think Gedan might actually be female not male from what I have heard.

Also it is possible Gedan might be mad at me so, I doubt she would be willing or would be too busy to answer my ship based questions anyways.

But...

If @Gedan would be willing to answer my ship related questions at the beginning of this thread that would be great and would help for what I am planning alot but I'm not gonna hold my breath on that she probably too busy anyways.
Well i got no idea if @Gedan is male or female.

Which becomes kinda hard for me to address him/her :catstare:

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
We're all reverse futa trap here.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Err what that even Cpt.? o_O Seems you was too obvious here -_-

Ahh so there will be no classification at the first build with ships upgrade and all new ships will have names but not what classes they represents? I still belive Gedan will put few classes above current starting can sized ship leaving some blank area below captial ships size.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
There aren't true "classes" of ships, just arbitrary classifications applied to various designs we have to hand. The two things we know for sure is that the starter ship is going to be fucking tiny and there's going to be a fucking monstrously huge ship that'll qualify as "capital" because I want it. There is room for a whole ecosystem of different sizes between that, and it p much depends entirely on what people want to write and add to the system.

So if someone wants to write it bio-mechanic ship with organic components they can go ahead and do that? If so wonderful, I'm sure everyone here wants a sentient ship that can fuck you with tentacles :smuggo: