Ship not Attacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMJB1997

Apr 10, 2022
I don't know if this is with all ships, but when using the Sidewinder in space combat the attack button doesn't seem to work. It only dodges.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Do you have enough Energy to fire the weapons?

Just noticed: Inspecting Ship Weapons doesn't show how much Energy they take to fire. This is kind of an important stat.
Edit: It seems to be possible to get an unlimited number of weapons on the CassTech by using the Quantity prompt. They all go in 'Fixed Equipment'.

Last edited:

AMJB1997

Apr 10, 2022
Yes, I wouldn't have posted this if i didn't try to figure this out myself first, sorry if i sound terse that isn't my intention.Screenshot (1).png

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
What does your Codex->Location look like? Especially what's under Modules Installed vs Fixed Equipment?
You may have to post your save.

DragonRanger

Aug 28, 2015
I loaded up an old save, and I also noticed this problem in the Sidewinder. I haven‘t gotten into any ship battles on my new sage yet so I don’t know if it’s exclusive to that. Whenever I choose to attack, the game treats it like I chose to recharge instead.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Mine works properly.
1. I'm using 2x Missile Turrets
2. It's a save converted from Flash.
No idea if either of those are relevant.

DragonRanger

Aug 28, 2015
Mine works properly.
1. I'm using 2x Missile Turrets
2. It's a save converted from Flash.
No idea if either of those are relevant.
The save I loaded up was also a Flash import, and it also has 2 missile turrets. Granted, my save was edited because there was a but with Mitzi and the Omnisuit Collar that was causing my game to crash.

Sorfin

May 29, 2018
Not sure if this has ever been addressed, but my ship seems to perform the 'recharge' action whenever the 'Battle' option is chosen.

Raiu Kusanagi

Jul 3, 2016
I've been having the same problem on a save converted from Flash. My ship stats showed 3 weapons equipped - 2 laser turrets & a missile turret - but the Battle! action in combat did nothing. Swapping to an alternate ship & then back to my main ship didn't fix it.

I eventually decided to hit up a weapon vendor, thinking maybe new weapons would fix it. Well, in the vendor UI, it said "Inventory Slots Used: 0/3". Buying new weapons - the same loadout as I had before - put be back at 3/3 slots used and allowed me to attack in combat again.

Best guess is that some part of the weapons got glitched in the transfer from Flash & they were some sort of "ghost" items, where they looked like real weapons and I could toggle them on and off in combat, but they wouldn't actually DO anything.

Hope this works for others.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Something is weird with Ship conversions. I haven't had the 'Can't Attack' problem, but I'll throw these up as additional data points.
Unused Upgrade Slots: 0
Unused Weapon Hardpoints: 1
Current Crew Capacity: 10

Module/Crew Capacity: 10 (0)
Bonus Crew Capacity: 5 (0)
Weapon Capacity: 3 (0)

Modules Installed: Missile Turret, Missile Turret, Hardened Systems, Hardened Systems, Shield Vampire, Advanced Quarters, Advanced Quarters, Advanced Quarters, Advanced Quarters, Advanced Quarters.

Fixed Equipment: Heavy Armor.
Unused Upgrade Slots: 2
Unused Weapon Hardpoints: 1
Current Crew Capacity: 20

Module/Crew Capacity: 10
Bonus Crew Capacity: 5
Weapon Capacity: 3

Modules Installed: Hardened Systems, Hardened Systems, Shield Vampire, Advanced Quarters, Advanced Quarters, Advanced Quarters, Advanced Quarters, Advanced Quarters.

Fixed Equipment: Missile Turret, Missile Turret.
Unused Upgrade Slots: 0
Unused Weapon Hardpoints: 2
Current Crew Capacity: 6

Module/Crew Capacity: 9 (0)
Bonus Crew Capacity: 3 (0)
Weapon Capacity: 4 (0)

Modules Installed: Missile Turret, Hardened Systems, Hardened Systems, Power Core Tuner, Power Core Tuner, Shield Vampire, Advanced Quarters, Advanced Quarters, Advanced Quarters.

Fixed Equipment: Missile Turret, Shield Booster.
Unused Upgrade Slots: 1
Unused Weapon Hardpoints: 2
Current Crew Capacity: 15

Module/Crew Capacity: 9
Bonus Crew Capacity: 3
Weapon Capacity: 4

Modules Installed: Hardened Systems, Hardened Systems, Power Core Tuner, Power Core Tuner, Shield Vampire, Advanced Quarters, Advanced Quarters, Advanced Quarters.

Fixed Equipment: Missile Turret, Missile Turret.
Unused Upgrade Slots: 3
Unused Weapon Hardpoints: 0
Current Crew Capacity: 3

Module/Crew Capacity: 4 (0)
Weapon Capacity: 2 (0)

Modules Installed: Laser Cannon.

Fixed Equipment: Machine Gun.
Unused Upgrade Slots: 4
Unused Weapon Hardpoints: 0
Current Crew Capacity: 4

Module/Crew Capacity: 4
Weapon Capacity: 2

Modules Installed: None.

Fixed Equipment: Laser Cannon, Machine Gun.

AMJB1997

Apr 10, 2022
I don't know if this could be part of the problem, or something else; but there are three weapons in the gadgets part of the ships menu. I am unable to sell them off.Screenshot (2).pngScreenshot (1).png

Attachments

• Aaron (M) - 15Hrs 23Mins, 870 Days - Tavros Station, Kalas.json
    842.6 KB · Views: 2

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Okay, the weapons thing should be fixed properly now. I think there was a window of time that you could do the save conversion process and get save data into TiTSTML prior to when I re-organized how the ship storage structure works behind the scenes - those saves never got reordered into the new structure, but freshly converted saves would do the needful and work as expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.