Select Fragrance

Gigas_Magus

Sep 19, 2018
In an old, forgotten codex.
fragrance.jpg

I'm pretty sure that most of us here wear some kind of deodorant, body spray, after shave, cologne, perfume, or what have you. Taking precautions against body odor is very important on a daily basis whether you're making a first impression, greeting people on the regular, or just plain being publicly decent. So the question is:

What is your choice of fragrance in what you wear?

Do you smell fresh and want to brag about it? Any discussion regarding deodorants are welcome here, whether you just want to mention your preferences for any potential significant others, or even if you have allergies and can't stand it when people put too much cologne on.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-​

I use Old Spice: Swagger. A few people have teased me before that I should use Axe since I share the same name, but I didn't really care for the scent of it. I also used Pure Sport and After Hours for a time, but Swagger has essentially become my signature these days. It's bold enough that it makes me distinct, and at the same time doesn't trigger my sensitive nose if kept in moderation. And my nose is very sensitive. (Not to mention, I found the commercials to be pretty humorous.)

I've also known a few ladies that would over saturate the amount of perfume they put on. I'm not sure what their intentions were, but putting on too much can be just as bad as not putting anything on at all for people with sensitive noses. It was very suffocating. Understanding the threshold between "too much" and "barely noticeable" is a valuable asset to be had.

Alternatively, I know a guy in my college class that I usually dread when he sits next to me. The few times he has, it smelled like he didn't put anything on whatsoever that day and was pretty offensive. I wasn't sure how to inform him of his odor, so I just faced the other way. When he asked for help on certain equations, I was admittedly reluctant to do so. Again, this is just an example to be used for proof of the value of making sure one smells good.

Veilwolf

Sep 6, 2018
Somewhere In The U.S Wasteland
As of Deo I use Degree 24 hour Everest Scent for Cologne I'd Have to Say Either Jimmy Choo Man or Acqua Di Gio

Reactions: Gigas_Magus

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
I kinda just grab whatever is cheap and smells nice. I'm gonna be moving and getting a new job soon, so hopefully I find something.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
Two and a half years, are you fucking serious?

Reactions: Shrike675