Seifyn Fetch Quest

Whimsalot

Jul 20, 2017
Since the sugggestion is to start writing with something small and I feel like the Nyrea can use more content, I was thinking about something simple like a repeatable fetch quest that doenst require fighting:
  • A person (random, could be "a soldier", "the Queen", "one of the guards", "a myr deserter" and such) has asked Seifyn for an item (random, could be a TF, an armor, a weapon or an luxory item like Honey Wine. TF/equipment should be low tech and readily available from one of the early planets (everything up to/including Myrellion)). Seifyn now tasks the player to get one of these for her.
  • Can be started by talking to Seifyn after defeating or marrying Tiavra (not avaible if current queen hates space people)
  • Can be repeated unlimited times
  • Has a cooldown (about 12h sound right)
  • Player has one week to get the item
  • Required item would be noted somewhere in the codex
  • If the PC returns with the item within the timeframe, Seifyn will pay 3-5 times the base value. => Quest can then be restarted after cooldown.
  • If the player returns to late, Seifyn will buy the item for its base price (or player can refuse to sell). => Quest can then be restarted after cooldown.
Would that be OK for a start or should I not bother with fetch quests?

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Doesn't feel like it really adds much to the game. Not like there's much that keeps players from being flush with cash and the quest doesn't really add much other than that.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Doesn't feel like it really adds much to the game. Not like there's much that keeps players from being flush with cash and the quest doesn't really add much other than that.
It's a small project that would make it easier to get familiar with the game, and although it doesn't add much, it does add an way of picking up some cash that doesn't involve beating mobs over the head.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I mean if you need a small project, a utility TF would work.There are plenty of statistics that you can manipulate one way but not the other or are only manipulatable as part of bigger tfs or events.

Whimsalot

Jul 20, 2017
I would rather write a short quest than a TF simply beause I cant think of any TF that I would like to add (and pretty sure there are already lots of people writing them)

Not like there's much that keeps players from being flush with cash
True, but I cant think of any other reward aside from exp or money :(

The idea was simply to add something to the nyrea and give players a reason to revisit the vendors on the early planets (because I never felt like there was much of a reason to visit them again after reaching Myrellion/Uveto).
Then again, I could move it to one of the NPCs on Tarkus as I dont remember any repeatable quest there.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
You could also write sex scenes for existing characters or a dream sequence scene or a VR adventure for Luca's place.

Reactions: ShySquare