Seeds of Chaos [Ren'py - Version 0.2.42]

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Ah, I will try that again ^^'

and I have added the screen-shot =)
Yeah, there's definitely an issue. Can you give us more information? Like what are your computer specifications? Neither me nor Arioch see that on our ends.

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
Yeah, there's definitely an issue. Can you give us more information? Like what are your computer specifications? Neither me nor Arioch see that on our ends.

Well, in most cases this is caused by my graphic-chip (an onboard intel-chip, I'm unable to find out which one exactly..)

Aside from that.. Win 7 Prof 64bit, Intel Core i5 CPU M560 @ 2.67GHZ &4GB ram and it is a notebook

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
I've had a play around with it, but I can't seem to replicate the problem. If it is hardware related, as you think it might be, there's not really anything I can do about it I'm afraid. I'll keep an eye on the bug reports though, and see if anyone else has the same problem.

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
I've had a play around with it, but I can't seem to replicate the problem. If it is hardware related, as you think it might be, there's not really anything I can do about it I'm afraid. I'll keep an eye on the bug reports though, and see if anyone else has the same problem.

Well I thank you for your time! =)

Though I do have a design question.
Why can you only talk to either the Goblin or the Dwarf? Or did I overlook the place where I could build rooms after the first meeting? ^^'

Also, why can't you change your research? I understand that you lose all progress this way, but it would be nice to change it (which would also lesson the problem I have wit being unable to read it =P)

But, I really enjoyed the current version and it looks really promising! =)

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Well I thank you for your time! =)

Though I do have a design question.
Why can you only talk to either the Goblin or the Dwarf? Or did I overlook the place where I could build rooms after the first meeting? ^^'

Also, why can't you change your research? I understand that you lose all progress this way, but it would be nice to change it (which would also lesson the problem I have wit being unable to read it =P)

But, I really enjoyed the current version and it looks really promising! =)
You can build buildings in the castle hall.

You can't talk to them mainly because we've decided that the castle is going to be re-designed, but we don't have a final plan in place yet and haven't started working on it yet. There will probably be a workshop building and caravan wagon where Skordred and Cla-Min will live, but you'll access everything from menus in the throne room or just from some master menu.

Changing research is something that may or may not happen. It just isn't something we've taken the time to work on yet.

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
In case you are interested, I tried the game on my desktop pc and I don't have the graphic porblem there, which is pretty weird tbh.. oO

Anyways, I am looking forward to the future development. Keep up the good work ^_^

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
From the release notes:

- Turn count upped to 15
- Castle overhaul has begun, new rooms added
- 6 castle events added, 2 of which are sex scenes (including the game's first futa scene)
- 10 exploration events added
- 2 capturable mines and villages added to the map
- 16 resource events added
- Cliohna now provides reports on completion of research
- Alexia has a new outfit more suited to wearing outside of the bedroom
- Remaining art for Andras x Alexia scene has been added
- Andras x Alexia scene added to the replay gallery
- Castle Hallway background added
- Week start autosave feature added (slot 12)

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
There'll be no genderswapped Rowan, as the current plan for a female PC is to provide a separate scenario where you play as Helena. Instead of strategy aspects, it will have sex related combat (like CoC/TiTS), and dungeon crawling mechanics.

Hizor

Feb 23, 2016
I might play it now, I've been waiting till the game gets updated a bit more till, I did a review play.
Helena huh? Now, that, that will be fun to play.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
For those that didn't see it, we got another new CG for the game now that will be in the next version (along with its variations). A seasonal preview was shared on the Patreon for all to enjoy.
9660312364373484221.png

Edit: Convenience spoiler tags added. Also, wrong word. Don't write while you're tired folks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nephilim_Anunnaki

balitz Method

Aug 13, 2016
I'd been putting this one off just because I was expecting it to be tryhard grimdark the way everyone who says they were inspired by the Witcher, Dark Souls, Berserk etc. ends up writing - well, that and it seemed like a premise for an anime based on a mobage.

Very pleasantly surprised. There were a few intriguing ideas and a surprising amount of humor purely thanks to the fact that the twins are both completely unaware dipshits who expect this all to just ~happen~/that they can skip all the boring parts and just do the fun stuff. The lewd content's kind of basic but I like that you put a Nice Time for Roo scenario in there; it's a little something different from the ususal and despite how much crap you surely got over it it's honestly quite tame and nice for the story either actualized or as a potential thing that could have happened.

Big thing to be careful of here is feature creep. There's a ton of potential to get lost in superficial aspects of basebuilding and strategy-type stuff that sounds cool narratively but ends up being a huge time sink and doesn't add much in the way of fun to the game itself.

Hizor

Feb 23, 2016
For those that didn't see it, we got another new CG for the game now that will be in the next version (along with its variations). A seasonal preview was shared on the Patreon for all to enjoy.

This is one of the things that bugs me about the CG in this, is when the MC in the CG doesn't look like the game MC, same to Alexia. Seems like the artist needs to work on continuity a bit more.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
This is one of the things that bugs me about the CG in this, is when the MC in the CG doesn't look like the game MC, same to Alexia. Seems like the artist needs to work on continuity a bit more.
There are different artists working on different parts of the game, different one for the character sprites and the sex scenes. It's a risk when you're using online contractors to do the artwork for the game part-time and there isn't a dedicated art director.

Hizor

Feb 23, 2016
There are different artists working on different parts of the game, different one for the character sprites and the sex scenes. It's a risk when you're using online contractors to do the artwork for the game part-time and there isn't a dedicated art director.
Oh, okay that makes sense.
In the beginning stages, I was under the impression it was one artist. Must've expanded since then.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
This is the current team, copied from the Patreon page:

The Team
  • Direction, Scenario Planning - Lord Arioch
  • Additional Writing and Game Design - Dark Master
  • Lead Artist - HikariYumiya
  • Spriting - Keidi Ran
  • Backgrounds - Tanzenkat
  • Adult CGs - momdadno
  • Additional assets - Erek
  • Concept Work - Ganassa, NLR

Dec 11, 2016
Just heard about this game about four hours ago and gave the public version of the game a quick playthrough.

How have I possibly missed out on this game for so long?

And I'll be frank... I absolutely fucking love it!

I'm not feeling the Berserk/Dark souls inspiration to it though, but I'm sure It'll come in at some point. There is probably going to be some guy who is going to be all like Orcish-Wyald 2.0 or something like that, you never know. As long as there is no Griffith!

The best thing about this game though for me, is that there is some palatable Nice Time for Roo in this thing. If there is one thing that I normally hate in the hentai world, it is Nice Time for Roo, so to make it readable to me, you have my heartfelt compliments. I was honestly expecting to hear something along the lines of "Oh noes, my husbando's dick is puny compared to your demon dick, seed me with your demon children." Well Nice Time for Roo did happen, but it wasn't that type of shit, That lady loves Rowan, no amount of dick is probably going to change that, and then there were hugs afterwards and it felt like a real, possible reaction to me. Fuck yeah.

Oh, and Male on Male content is always a plus in my opinion. I personally feel that there is not enough Male on Male content featured in stories with a good plot behind them. Not to mention that demons are my kind of thing too.

Well played, damn it... well played. You know I'm going to be anxiously awaiting for new releases, now... right?

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Well, good news is that the next public release is slated for the 11th of march. There's also another m/m scene in there. It's already finished and was released to Patreons on the 25 of February, public releases usually come two weeks afterwards.

Dec 11, 2016
Well, good news is that the next public release is slated for the 11th of march. There's also another m/m scene in there. It's already finished and was released to Patreons on the 25 of February, public releases usually come two weeks afterwards.

I cannot wait.

You and all the others working on this marvelous game... take my hugs. I'm sure working on such an incredible game isn't going to be an easy thing, but damn does the result show, this is some astounding work here!

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
Hey man, glad you are enjoying it. As DM said, there's a new public version out on Saturday, so you don't have too long to wait. :)

Re: Berserk / Dark Souls - There's a lot of the world (and its lore / history) you haven't seen yet, so keep that in mind.

And with the Nice Time for Roo, we intend to let the player decide where it goes. If you want love to win, you'll be able to do that, or if you want it to play out in a more rage inducing fashion, there'll be that to.

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
It's that time of the month again. :)

Win / Lin
Mac

Release Notes

- Week count upped to 18
- Over 20 new events
- 5 new sex scenes
- 3 new resource types
- Raeve Keep has been added to the map (east of portal), and conquering the keep by force has been added
- Introductory scene with Draith now triggers when building the Breeding Pits
- Castle room NPCs now greet the player and have talk functions
- CGs and variants added to the post goal #1 Rowan x Alexia scene, and this scene has been added to the replay gallery
- New armour has been added, and old armour has been rebalanced
- Squashed a bug relating to completing research which currently do not have completion reports
- 100% more yeti hunting

Known Issues

- Missing sprite for knight
- Yeah, I know Rowan's skin tone is inconsistant, I'll get momdadno to fix this at a later date, it is not a big issue
- I didn't drink enough coffee this morning and labeled the version wrong, just ignore the number

Last edited:
Reactions: Mysiath

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
I was wondering there is gonna be preg content right? How about m-preg as well?
Pregnancy content is planned, but is still a ways off. As of yet, there are no plans for m-preg. As far as I'm aware, it hasn't been explicitly declared something that will never happen.

EDIT: In case you're looking for an official answer, I am on the dev team for the game. I can give a reasonable answer to your question.

Last edited: