Sea Monster Bites [Submitted]

leomax

Dec 3, 2017
A while ago a made a thread about noselessness. And after being told, that kind of wasn't a thing, I decided to try and make it a thing. That thing transformed into a desire to be a certain type of sea monster that has popped in fiction from time to time.( Two in particular ) If you read the doc you will quickly understand what I am referencing

Anywho , here's the thing I guess this is where you tell me how awful it is and I shouldn't submit it. If you do have some desire to help this weirdo make his fantasy a reality in this smut game and have advice on what to add before submitting... please feel free to give advice

Welp its submitted, lets see where it goes

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wsg7TvcdO2MtcLrL0pqIHMEJxdAZL0_An0HcocI8gxU/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
Sooo... essentially something like Undyne from Undertale? Sacrilege. Absolutely deplorable.

I'm kidding, of course. It has potential for use as an aquatic TF, and those who like that sort of look may even use it as their go-to. I do, however, have to tell you that it was initially a bit confusing to piece together the parts into a body I could summarize, but that might just be me.

ChromaTaphore

Aug 6, 2018
Septaphorae
You might want to change the permissions to allow suggestions. There are a few typos and such, but otherwise, it's very good! Might I also suggest a rare chance to add an anglerfish antenna type? It would fit with the sea monster theme.

leomax

Dec 3, 2017
You might want to change the permissions to allow suggestions. There are a few typos and such, but otherwise, it's very good! Might I also suggest a rare chance to add an anglerfish antenna type? It would fit with the sea monster theme.

You can now comment n junk, thanks for letting me know

Reactions: ChromaTaphore

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
I don't know why are you so eager to get rid of the pc's nose, but you simply can't, because the pc having a nose is not parsed. That means the pc must always have a nose and no tf might get rid of it. There are several hundreds of references in-game to "your nose" and that not counting the times you "take a whiff" or "smell" something.

There's something that can never change ever because is written, not parsed:
  • 1 nose
  • 2 arms
  • 2 hands
  • 5 fingers
  • 1 clit minimum
  • 1 asshole
  • Eyebrows and eyelashes
  • 1 navel
  • 2 buttcheeks

TFs might not modify any of those because that would mean editing several dozen scenes and that ain't happening.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but somebody had to stop you before you spent a lot of time in something that has no chance of making it in game (unless you get rid of the noselessess thing). Closest thing would be the Xhelarfog TF and even Goth had to make it so pc still keeps some trace of the nose.

Last edited:

leomax

Dec 3, 2017
I don't know why are you so eager to get rid of the pc's nose, but you simply can't, because the pc having a nose is not parsed. That means the pc must always have a nose and no tf might get rid of it. There are several hundreds of references in-game to "your nose" and that not counting the times you "take a whiff" or "smell" something.

There's something that can never change ever because is written, not parsed:
  • 1 nose
  • 2 arms
  • 2 hands
  • 5 fingers
  • 1 clit minimum
  • 1 asshole
  • Eyebrows and eyelashes
  • 1 navel
  • 2 buttcheeks

TFs might not modify any of those because that would mean editing several dozen scenes and that ain't happening.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but somebody had to stop you before you spent a lot of time in something that has no chance of making it in game (unless you get rid of the noselessess thing). Closest thing would be the Xhelarfog TF and even Goth had to make it so pc still keeps some trace of the nose.

Ok , ok

What about two barley visable holes, does that count enough as a nose to not throw everything out of wack?

Reactions: ChromaTaphore

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
Technically speaking there are many areas for evolution to put olfactory organs, it's just most efficient to have a dedicated scent vacuum at the front of the creature in most cases. Could be freckle-like pores on the cheeks that pick up chemical fluctuations in air and water(essentially a weak sense of smell in air but a good one in water) for all people like me would care, it still performs a scent function. The only way that wouldn't be compatible is if the game mentions things going up their nose apart from scents or people interacting with it as if it was an actual nose bump.

Though I have to admit that even sharks and other predatory fish still have some form of dedicated entry for things to be sniffed, so that could be taken into consideration for the design of a relatively flat yet still there nose.
shark-sense-2.jpg

Regardless

Jul 20, 2018
In game frog face has a flat nose if you want to compare what you're doing to something that already made it to code.

"Your face is anuran in shape, reflecting a frog-like appearance. The smooth visage is further exaggerated with a notable lack of a nose, having broadly spaced nostrils instead. "

leomax

Dec 3, 2017
In game frog face has a flat nose if you want to compare what you're doing to something that already made it to code.

"Your face is anuran in shape, reflecting a frog-like appearance. The smooth visage is further exaggerated with a notable lack of a nose, having broadly spaced nostrils instead. "

I have never frogged so I was not aware, I also never payed attention to them. So i think this may be the solution, thanks guy.

leomax

Dec 3, 2017
There's one last last thing...well a few.

• Non nose is now a nose. a flat one with two thin slits for sniffing, but a nose.
  • How Should I handle the removal of Taur extra legs and genital movement? Are those separate blurbs or a single thing?
  • Also I added a bunch a Bioluminescent Lure antennae type so if anyone is wanting to check that out in case I spelled something wrong.
  • Lastly... other than that I don't know quite else to add? Unless you see that i'm actively missing something outside of the taur thing i'm going to address, do you think its ready for submission?

Also thanks for the grammar checks

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
How Should I handle the removal of Taur extra legs and genital movement? Are those separate blurbs or a single thing?
Taurism is handled via leg count I think. Taur => 4 legs. Legs could merge while the lower body shrinks back to place the character's ass and genitals where it usually is. And yes, there are checks for whether genitals are at the front or "back". Whether or not genital position is tied to leg count is an uncertainty at this point for me.
Lastly... other than that I don't know quite else to add? Unless you see that i'm actively missing something outside of the taur thing i'm going to address, do you think its ready for submission?
If it were me it would be an aquatic tail and the option for a merperson configuration if you have the tail and overdose on the tf, but it's not necessary.

If you're happy with it then submit it. Otherwise revise and modify until you are.

Last edited:
Reactions: Athena

Regardless

Jul 20, 2018
Realise you're probably done with the whole nose thing now but here's the face type from the now in game xhelarfog race tf if you needed another comparison.
"Your face has a curious lack of a visible nose, though the thing truly cementing its alien nature is the trio of eyes decorating its upper half."

leomax

Dec 3, 2017
  • Added Feather removal
  • Edited extra leg removal
  • Edited the description on the nose

There was a suggestion to make the dangly glow bulb of the angler fish antennae the accent color? Would that be possible to do in the game proper? If it is, i'll try and write for it and submit it. Again thanks for the editorial work some of ya'll are putting in . And more is there if you wish to take a gander

leomax

Dec 3, 2017
I don't think i'm confident enough in the idea of the bulb being a marking color, so i'm not really gonna do that. If I could get confirmation on that being possible I will , but otherwise nah. Anywho...is it done then? Is every thing there? Did I miss anything?