Savin's CYOA: 021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
... to break your neck. To heck with that. "Tyroa?" you call up, tentatively at first. Silence answers you. "Hello!?"

After a long moment, you hear a rustling overhead. There's still a shambles of a second floor overhead, obscuring whatever awaits you above from sight. Dust rains down from the rafters. Tightening your grip on your staff, you start to wonder if this was a mistake after all. But you don't have the luxury of regretting your decision for much longer. A shrill, feminine cry echoes down from high above, followed by a deluge of white and pink feathers hailing down from the gaping hole where the stairs ought to have been. 

You bring up a quick flashflame, burning the feathery storm away from your face before they can outright blind you. When the ashes blow away, though, you're left facing down a half dozen feathery heads of hair, all peering down from the hole in the ceiling with wide, golden eyes and plump-lipped mouths agape.

"W-who are you!?" one of the harpies yelps, waving smoke out of her face. 

"How do you know Tyroa?" another says. Pointing to the flames still dancing along your claws, she adds: "A-and how did you do that?"

Glancing between the awe-struck avians, you call up "I'm a mage, that's how. I met Tyroa outside the castle last night. She said she lived here..."

The harpies chirp at each other, huddling up to whisper heatedly for a moment. When they finish, the one who spoke first calls down, "And what if she does?"

You pause for a moment. "Uh... I'd like to... talk to her?"

The harpies chatter excitedly for a moment more. "Why? We don't need any more women up here, thanks! Not enough good dick to go around as it is!"

Shifting your weight around your poor, over-used dong, you answer, "I just want to see Tyroa. Could you get her, please?"

"Maybe," another of the harpies, a plump pink-feathered specimen, coos down. "What'll you give us if we do...?"

If Tyr herself was anything to go on, harpies are chiefly interested in one thing. But you're three in the hole for today already, and Gods know what would happen if you disappointed them... of course, if they give you a choice at all. You take note of some loose dirt and muck in the cracks between the floor: that and a quick flame could seal your ears against their song, but you'll need quick reflexes if they realize you've got what they want and decide to take it.

But maybe there's a way you could get what you want of this without paying the cost in your dwindling supply of seed.

Name: Remielle Syrililth
Race: Salamander
Sex: Hermaphrodite
Figure: Amazonian
Class: Mage
Stats: STR (10) CON (16) DEX (14) INT (15) WIS (8) CHA (12)

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
I'm all for giving them a hand with their problems, but rather than it being the mantis creature I'd offer to help them expand their home.  Forming an alliance with the harpies is what I've been hoping to see happen for awhile now.

EDIT: I realized that I might be getting a bit ahead of myself with my suggestions.  Those are things that concern negotiations with the queen, they're not things that these harpies are probably interested in.  They're sort of like the equivalent of a bunch of bored dorm girls who want to have some fun by tormenting the guy who's come by to meet up with his girlfriend before they tell her he's arrived.

Last edited by a moderator:

Averof

Jun 9, 2016
go big or go home . I vote you play the royalty card  SHOW THESE FUCKERS WHO IS BOSS! ....also have i mentioned my opinions on harpies? no? its negative 

MilitaryAaa

Aug 30, 2015
I'm all for giving them a hand with their problems, but rather than it being the mantis creature I'd offer to help them expand their home.  Forming an alliance with the harpies is what I've been hoping to see happen for awhile now.

Didn't Tyroa mention that the mantis girl has been causing them trouble? I feel like if Remi tells them she's fought the mantis before and saved Tyroa from the awful fate of being egged they'll at least let the two talk, if not Remi could promise to deal with the mantis later on as long as she gets to see Tyroa.

AnonBacon

May 19, 2016

Yep... And if she plans to take on the Hobgoblins after all of this, then it IS a good idea to have allies indebted to you.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
I think I'd actually like to combine my suggestion with the fourth option on the poll.  It doesn't make much sense to be offering an alliance when you're just one adventurer.  However, if you're planning on becoming the new lord of the castle and forming a new kingdom, you're going to need to be bringing in settlers.  If you're friends/allies with the harpies, settlers means potential mates.  Once you've made contact with their queen, you can guarantee her people a place here if you can manage to take over the castle.  They've got nothing to lose if you fail, after all.

I'm actually surprised with the poll so far, since the immediate sex option isn't getting very many votes.

EDIT: I realized that I might be getting a bit ahead of myself with my suggestions.  Those are things that concern negotiations with the queen, they're not things that these harpies are probably interested in.  They're sort of like the equivalent of a bunch of bored dorm girls who want to have some fun by tormenting the guy who's come by to meet up with his girlfriend before they tell her he's arrived.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
realized that I might be getting a bit ahead of myself with my suggestions.  Those are things that concern negotiations with the queen, they're not things that these harpies are probably interested in.  They're sort of like the equivalent of a bunch of bored dorm girls who want to have some fun by tormenting the guy who's come by to meet up with his girlfriend before they tell her he's arrived.

That's very true, plus we don't have any real proof to show and strengthen our claims right now. So I suggest offering to help with the mantis after retelling the story ofus heroically saving Tyroa (obviously without mentioning the D) and ask for her to be our guide or at least informant. When we'll return with a victory, then we will talk with the Queen Birb.

Edit:Actually, that'd a perfect moment to lay out how much Remi knows about harpy queens. Will we deal with a wise and magically powerful ruler? How much will she know about the Black Scale Queen and will she be able to see the mark that queen left on us? @Savin, please.

MorganHannahFae

May 10, 2016
go big or go home . I vote you play the royalty card  SHOW THESE FUCKERS WHO IS BOSS! ....also have i mentioned my opinions on harpies? no? its negative 

Would that be because of the general personality, or because of the harpies' looks, or some other bit of lore?

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
I should have probably picked up on this earlier, but it does sound like they've heard of you.  Tyroa probably told her friends all about what happened to her the night before and they're excitedly chatting with one another about who you are.  It is probably safe to assume that they know that Remi has a dick and that she impregnated Tyroa.  The fact that they're getting excited is why I think this is the case.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
I should have probably picked up on this earlier, but it does sound like they've heard of you.  Tyroa probably told her friends all about what happened to her the night before and they're excitedly chatting with one another about who you are.  It is probably safe to assume that they know that Remi has a dick and that she impregnated Tyroa.  The fact that they're getting excited is why I think this is the case.

But as a counterpoint, harpies are easily excitable and Tyroa probably wouldn't want to share the D with all of her sisters and Queen. I also hope that she likes Remi in a romantic and monogamous way, but have to admit that the chances are pretty slim on that front.

Status
Not open for further replies.