Savin's CYOA: 019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
You turn your attention to the dazed amazon sprawled out next to you. Can't just leave her here, can you? 

"Awaken," you say, kneeling down beside her. Sylvia blinks rapidly, like she's just woken up and gotten a face full of mid-morning sun. 

She draws in a sharp breath and grabs her axe up, glancing around for any sign of the Blackscale Queen. When none presents itself, she growls something in her language and slumps back against the stone wall. "What the hell was that? The ghost bitch grabbed you and then-"

"Then cast a spell on you. You were, uh, out cold," you half-lie. Guess it's a good thing Sylvia doesn't remember anything... you'd probably be better off keeping the fact that an ancient spirit just spread your legs to yourself. Last thing you need is demon hunters from the city-states, or worse, the Empire coming after you. "I managed to strike a deal with her, though. Got the information you needed: your sister came through about a week ago and went down into the catacombs under the keep. Apparently she hasn't been back up, and there's a pack of lizardfolk down there. She might have run afoul of them."

Sylvia curses. "Dammit, Neva, what've you gotten yourself into now? Ah, fine, forget what I said earlier: you're going into that keep, I guess I've got no choice but to come."

She hauls herself to her feet and slings the poleaxe over her shoulder. "How about you, Remi? Spirit give you what you wanted?"

You nod, unconsciously putting a hand on your belly. "Uh, yeah. It took a lot of, um, convincing, but the queen decided she didn't have much use for all her treasure anyway. Told me how and where to get it... though it's not going to be easy. Glad to have some company, though: two of us together have a much better chance against a pack of minotaurs and a tribe of lizards."

The towering amazon nods firmly and extends a hand to you. Grinning, you swap your staff around and grab her wrist in a warrior's embrace. 

Sylvia the Amazon has joined your party!

"So, ready to crack some horned heads, blackscale?"

Name: Remielle Syrililth
Race: Salamander
Sex: Hermaphrodite
Figure: Amazonian
Class: Mage
Stats: STR (10) CON (16) DEX (14) INT (15) WIS (8) CHA (12)

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Do it old fasioned way...purge them with fire (well if it not that I know it won't be happy ending if Remi party storm right throu main gate style). So...in shadows but still with fiercy style go in ^^

Last edited by a moderator:

Remiel

Jul 10, 2016
I say full on stealth, sneak by as much we can, maybe once we get to the Minos we spook em a bit, ghost sounds and illusions, If we get caught, portray yourself as the queen reborn, they might be dumb enough for it to work, that is, if they knew who she was...

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Victory through lust is going to be a thing in this, yeah?

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
I vote for stealth. If we use stealth, we can see if there's any traptaurs/mini-bulls for Remi to kidnap/borrow/seduce with a nice cunt instead of just constant huge dicks pounding 'em.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Hey, we still haven't met up with the harpies!  We should do that now.  Argument for doing that is again, possible third ally, a scout/rogue who will help us with our awful wisdom.  We also possibly get a full group to back us up and a safe place to rest if needed.  Likely the only cost will be fertilizing some eggs and a promise to the queen that her flock will have a safe place to stay if we manage to conquer the tower.

EnderMuo

Jul 11, 2016
Hmm since mage what are the spell options for stealth? There is all kinds of creative options when considering things, maybe subtly raising the heat level to make them strip and get distracted with one another, something that will straight up making them horny as a goblin in heat. Do you have aphrodisiac dust. ;3 (i just found this) basicaly use a spell for distraction or "distraction".

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Some people wanted to look around the courtyard, we haven't done that yet.

Azmodan412

Nov 13, 2015
Go into the catacombs ofc. Maybe have a sort of meat tank with Sylvia and have Remi move in stealth behind. When Sylvia engages the lizardfucks, Remi ambushes with crowd-control spells.

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
I'd like to at the very least do some exploring to see what else is there. Last thing Remi needs to reach a bad end thanks to something that 10 minutes of searching could have found not being in her inventory. I also would like to back this >

Hey, we still haven't met up with the harpies!  We should do that now.  Argument for doing that is again, possible third ally, a scout/rogue who will help us with our awful wisdom.  We also possibly get a full group to back us up and a safe place to rest if needed.  Likely the only cost will be fertilizing some eggs and a promise to the queen that her flock will have a safe place to stay if we manage to conquer the tower.

More allies is always good, plus a harpy can count as air support if she has a ranged weapon as well as possibly finding even more loot that Remi might not be able to get to. 

Remi rushed in with summoning the Black Queen and got lucky...in a few ways, but repeating the recklessness of just charging in will make things worse.

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
I'd like to at the very least do some exploring to see what else is there. Last thing Remi needs to reach a bad end thanks to something that 10 minutes of searching could have found not being in her inventory. I also would like to back this >

More allies is always good, plus a harpy can count as air support if she has a ranged weapon as well as possibly finding even more loot that Remi might not be able to get to. 

Remi rushed in with summoning the Black Queen and got lucky...in a few ways, but repeating the recklessness of just charging in will make things worse.

Aren't we trying to get bad-ends? I mean, everyone opted for the most terrible risk last time. Seems sensible to just balls-to-the-wall everything.

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
aren't we trying to get bad-ends? I mean, everyone opted for the most terrible risk last time. Seems sensible to just balls-to-the-wall everything.

I'd like to treat this as a legit RP/adventure, that means I'd prefer the party make it through alive...plus who says good ends can't be just as smutty and lewd?

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Will we got a glimpse at the character sheets of other members of our party?

As for our best course of action: harpies, full stop. We have all the information we need and probably all the time in the world. What we probably don't have is any more favours from the RNGeesus.

MilitaryAaa

Aug 30, 2015
Aren't we trying to get bad-ends? I mean, everyone opted for the most terrible risk last time. Seems sensible to just balls-to-the-wall everything.

Not me, I always try to go for the best ending whenever possible. Plus being queen of the keep surrounded by your loyal (sexy) followers sounds like a good (smutty) thing. 

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
I really wish we could change votes. If I knew everyone was going to make the sensible decision, I'd have not voted for the Balls-deep version. @Savin, count one less for that terrible, terrible plan plz =3=

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
There seems to be a bit of a disconnect between what people are voting for in the main poll and in the comments, as of time of posting.  What happens if no one is supporting ways of going into the keep in comments, but it wins the poll vote?

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
There seems to be a bit of a disconnect between what people are voting for in the main poll and in the comments, as of time of posting.  What happens if no one is supporting ways of going into the keep in comments, but it wins the poll vote?

Yeah, because it's one thing to vote, that's important, ,but those commenting are those actually investing thought, care, and input into the CYOA/RP. 

MilitaryAaa

Aug 30, 2015

Feelings of regret.

EDIT: Hey I just noticed I'm an advanced member now! :D

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Honestly, this

There really needs to be a consideration that some people just come, pick an option, and ditch. Just to keep it moving. I'd certainly like it if sometimes the super popular poll choices were gone against if there was a sea of comments backing up something else. (Especially in this case, where nowhere NEAR the amount that voted go in have actually commented.)

MilitaryAaa

Aug 30, 2015
Honestly, this

There really needs to be a consideration that some people just come, pick an option, and ditch. Just to keep it moving. I'd certainly like it if sometimes the super popular poll choices were gone against if there was a sea of comments backing up something else. (Especially in this case, where nowhere NEAR the amount that voted go in have actually commented.)

Yeah so far there's been 26 votes but only about 10 users have actually commented here.

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
Honestly, this

Yeah so far there's been 26 votes but only about 10 users have actually commented here.

Pretty much, and I'm getting the distinct impression they're choosing it to move the story along faster.  Either way, it's a very one-sided situation. I'm curious whether or not there even is anything else for Remi to find, but odds are once Remi charges/sneaks in, no one will get to know...plus think of all those needy Harpies who just want eggs to love and sit on...or is that dicks, with Harpies I'm always confused as to which it is more :p

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Pretty much, and I'm getting the distinct impression they're choosing it to move the story along faster.  Either way, it's a very one-sided situation. I'm curious whether or not there even is anything else for Remi to find, but odds are once Remi charges/sneaks in, no one will get to know...plus think of all those needy Harpies who just want eggs to love and sit on...or is that dicks, with Harpies I'm always confused as to which it is more :p

I'm sure there's more. Savin is a DnD player. There's something back in the clearing where we fucked the harpy, buried in the ground. It's a whistle for summoning mantis-bae so you can fuck them. True story.

But no, seriously, there is plenty more to do. We were given three (4?) options at the start of nearing the place. We chose one path. There's got to be more stuff to discover/hit before we start dungeon diving.

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
I'm sure there's more. Savin is a DnD player. There's something back in the clearing where we fucked the harpy, buried in the ground. It's a whistle for summoning mantis-bae so you can fuck them. True story.

But no, seriously, there is plenty more to do. We were given three (4?) options at the start of nearing the place. We chose one path. There's got to be more stuff to discover/hit before we start dungeon diving.

Exactly, last thing you do in any adventure is leave loot untended or avenues unchecked. We rushed with the Black queen as I said and while the option that ended up being taken has more pros than cons, if we'd explored first we could have either gotten a better deal or maybe stacked things more Remi's favor. If we don't explore now, we're going to regret it. That whistle could easily be used to help deal with the Mino's for example. 

Averof

Jun 9, 2016
well we COULD explore and maybe get some stuff...OR we could just commence the "skull cracking" already.  SKULL CRUSHING IT IS THEN! OFF TO THE HARPIES !

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015

I've noticed that, for sure. (Poor you, always trying to get harpies, always being outvoted :p )

Dunno really what to DO about that -- if it was perpetually fairly close, I could see swinging things towards the commentors, but when you're being outvoted by like, 20 people... I mean, the people who're voting have as much a right to push things towards what they want to read as anybody else, even if they don't feel compelled to post. I know Misty's still reading and voting, even if she's not posting much lately. Kinathis's been reading along the whole time but hasn't posted once AFAIK. 

I could see having upboats on comments count as "bonus votes" on a give course of action, maybe? Would that be fair?

tomaito

Oct 26, 2015
Decided to stop lurking for the time being, and comment in favor of "cracking some skulls." Yes, we might miss something by not wandering aimlessly about the grounds, but unless it's a secret tunnel that leads straight to our objective, I'm willing to risk it. Furthermore, there's no guarantee that we'll leave the harpy nest at all with anything besides a bruised pelvis. And seeing as Sylvia seems to only be sticking around so long as it benefits her, what's stopping her from ghosting if we decide to go father a new generation of harpies / play waifu hunter / explore somewhere else?

As for how to go about it, I'm not opposed to the queen's idea, assuming winning by lust is a thing. It's not like we can get more pregnant. Sylvia probably wouldn't agree to that, so she can hang back ready to beat the minos over the head when we're done. Another option is to send her in first and cover her (from the) rear with "fire support."

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
After writing this post, I'm now not really sure what it means or what the take away should be.  I considered just deleting it entirely, but figured that I may as well share it anyway.  I hope it includes useful information.

Well, with the comment votes it is worth keeping a few things in mind.  First, the commenter cannot vote for their own comment.  Second, everyone can vote every comment once, you aren't limited to only one vote.  Third, once you vote for a comment, you cannot undo your vote.  Fourth, there is also a bit of social agreement bias, since comments that have been previously voted for are more likely to receive more votes.  People are just more likely to think something is correct if other people have agreed with it already.  So the comment vote is going to have some biases.  With the poll vote, once you've voted you cannot change your mind.  Also, I think at this point one could probably manipulate the results pretty easy by deciding what to and not to include through vote splitting and baiting anonymous trolls.  Make of that what you will.

As for this vote, well you did ask people specifically to comment on what they wanted to do.  As of this time, my tally for the comments is:

Keep:

• 4 comments for stealth, 1 vote on one comment.  One person later rescinded their vote on stealth.
  • 1 comment for attack.
  • 1 comment for lust.  - Odd because 7 people voted for it in the last poll.

Other:

• 3 comments for harpies, highest voted is 11 votes.
  • 2 comments for exploration, highest voted is 3 votes.  Note that my comment on this subject was just as a voting option and shouldn't be counted in a tally.

Assuming that everyone only voted for one comment, then the percentage of voters that commented or voted in the comments is:

• Keep: 25-30%
  • Other: 73%-93%

It does seem strongly that most of the people who voted for the keep didn't care to bother with commenting or participating in the CYOA beyond the poll.  While most of the people who voted otherwise at least followed instructions.

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
I could see having upboats on comments count as "bonus votes" on a give course of action, maybe? Would that be fair?

You could potentially create a new poll where we can vote whether or not we think it´s fair. Seeing as this will probably affect future chapters where this type of dilemma occurs again.

I´m suggesting this because it seems like people are more inclined to vote than to comment...(I can´t blame them though. Sometimes I can only agree with, and upvote, another guy without being able to come up with any more contributing ideas)

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Well shit, I was about to start writing tonight's update but now the poll's evened out exactly. :V

I'm gonna give it to TDM and the harpies I 'spose. Before that, since we're at a bit of an impasse on the matter, I'm going to take Shade's advice and put up a voting mechanics poll and stew on that overnight. 

Status
Not open for further replies.