Savin's CYOA: 001

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015

The year is 1322.

Three unforgiving winters have passed since your village was razed. The borderlands between civilization and the oppressive hand of the goblins' realm grow ever more dangerous as the Empire tightens its grip. Monsters and renegades are pushed ever further south, into the wild stretch of rocky foothills and scrubland that you now call home. Soon there won't be room for free folk like you, just trying to survive. The time has come to either flee... or fight back.

You are a salamander, one of the last still living free here on the borderlands. Though you were born and raised among a tribe of hunters, your people carried the stories -- and the pride -- of an ancient folk. One that once conquered all that dared challenge them, claiming victories by the might of fire and sword. Those days are long past; your ancestors built but one of the dozens of kingdoms to rise and fall here, ground to dust by the passage of time. Yet ruins still remain, and with them, relics of the past. 

Relics, and knowledge. Knowledge of the blade and flame, the spell-blade's art that made all the world tremble in your predecessors' shadows. It is for this forgotten lore that you now quest...

The stars are out in force tonight, peering down on a cool autumn evening. The smells of cooked meat suffuse your little campsite, radiating around the burning embers still alight in your firepit. From your reclining seat against the base of an old oak tree, you can just make out the shadowy outline of the ruins on the hilltop. A single stone tower stands erect in the distance, thrusting into the sky amid crumbling walls and palisades. This was once the seat of your ancestors' power, the fortress that played home to the legendary Blackscale Queen and her unparalleled sorcerer-knights.

You'd always taken it as an auspicious sign that you were born with the mythic queen's colors, dark of scale and bronze of skin. Now, though, it seems like fate. With luck, you'll soon find the tomes of war-magic that brought her victory time and time again. All you need to do is brave the ruins, navigate the deep dungeons underneath, and face the deadly traps and monsters that yet guard the keep's ruins.

Taking a breath to calm your nerves, you run a hand along the haft of your spear, planted in the ground beside you. Crude though it be, it's seen you through thick and thin so far. The weapon's mere presence reassures you, though still your chest rises unsteadily beneath the sheer cloth robes pulled tight around your body, and the mail bustier that hugs your chest. Sleep promises not to come easily tonight...

Before you can even make the attempt, though, you hear a crash from somewhere nearby. You grab your spear, leaping to your feet. Branches crack and pop somewhere in the darkness, like something huge has fallen through the treetops... and a moment later, you hear something like a scream.

No, definitely a scream. A woman's; terrified.

((Oh boy here we go! As said, I'm not 100% sure on how to take actions for this, so for now: vote in the polls above. Leave comments and votes below to add in modifiers, twists, and other suggestions to layer on top of the basic options if you want. This post is a little longer than normal thanks to the intro bit and the appearance screen below; sorry! I'll be attaching a very brief character sheet at the end of each successive post, but for now, have Remi's appearance and baseline stats. She's a tough cookie, and both quick-witted and quick on her feet, it seems. 

You are Remielle Syrililth. You began your journey as a salamander female, though you've since become a hermaphrodite thanks to a magical piercing. You stand an imposing six feet eight inches tall and cut an amazonian figure: your body is toned and athletic after years of survival in the dark wilderlands, which only serves to emphasize the flared curves of your hips, your firm backside, and your full DD-cup chest. A mane of wild, rose-red hair spills down from your head, pulled back into a ponytail to reveal a pair of frilled lizan's ears and bright blue eyes.

Your flesh is tanned a dark bronze by constant exposure to the sun, complementing the natural reddish tint of your salamander heritage. Most of your body is bare skin, though your forelimbs are plated in tough but flexible scales; yours are a volcanic black color, trimmed with dark red undersides. Your digits are tipped with short, sharp claws. A long, thick-based prehensile tail coils behind you, tapering down to a slender tip several feet down. A mote of flame burns continually at the tip, bright as a torch but cool to the touch -- so long as your fiery passions remain in check, at least.

You're currently carrying a crude staff-spear as your weapon -- little more than a focus crystal tied to one end of a long stick, and a salvaged arming sword's blade on the other. You're wearing long cloth robes, low cut and leggy, and reinforced with scale mail around the bust as well as a half-skirt of metal and leather tassets that hang from your hips, protecting your loins. A pretty pink hair-bow is your own notable accessory, binding your ponytail.

Tucked between your legs is a warm, wet womanhood. Your hymen is still intact. Over your sex sits a hefty eight-inch reptilian cock, black as sin and bulbous at the base, tapering to a slender tip. A single gold ring pierces your crown, making every thrust that much more mind-numbingly pleasurable. The piercing radiates a faint warmth of its own -- residual magic, though its effects have clearly taken root on your body.

You have a single tight, virginal asshole between your firm butt-cheeks, right where it belongs.

Your Stats: STR (10) CON (16) DEX (14) INT (15) WIS (8) CHA (12)

Last edited by a moderator:

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
8 points in wisdom are clearly not enough to stay clear. But 15 int is enough to be cautious.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
8 points in wisdom are clearly not enough to stay clear. But 15 int is enough to be cautious.

Sadly, the former will also all but guarantee that our caution wouldn't amount to much against any kind of hidden danger.

Then again, three years of constant fight for survival should count for something.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
This might be more interesting if you forgo the poll vote entirely and just see what the players suggest and vote for in the comments.  The story will be a lot less predictable that way.

Forced MEME

Jul 17, 2016
Would this be the wrong place to ask how the stats/chance/rules would be used in story? (Preemptive whoops if it is, considering I'm posting this anyway)

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Look at Remi's low wiz...  Rush in or go home, if she overthinks this something bad is gona happen. 

Sine_Nomine

Aug 27, 2015
Flaming tail kinda fucks any attempt at actual stealth... So, I would opt for less sneaky and more ready to spike anything that moves the wrong way? I dunno, I'm shit at suggesting things. In quests, I usually just vote and roll dice when the QM calls for a roll.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Would this be the wrong place to ask how the stats/chance/rules would be used in story? (Preemptive whoops if it is, considering I'm posting this anyway)

Perfectly fine place to ask! I don't really wanna get too gamey/complex with this, so I'll just be aping an old AD&D system: when I think a check is appropriate, I'll roll a twenty-sided die against one of Remi's attributes (Dexterity, in the case of the apparent victor of today's poll). If the die roll is equal or lower than her attribute, things go to plan; if higher, something goes wrong! If a check should be particularly hard or easy, I'll tack on a bonus/penalty to the die roll. 

That's the plan, anyway!

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Wait why it's like less than day between each new part of story? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.