Saving lag/issue?

GiantSun

Dec 30, 2019
When I save or load the game freezes for a good 5-10 seconds before it finishes. not sure why, came here to ask if others are experiencing this or just me and if there is a solution to make it faster, it gets quite annoying when you want to save before testing a mod or a decision ;-;

thanks

Last edited:

4rm4ld0

Dec 2, 2019
It happened to me too, I just assume it was because I was playing on a browser.

RhymeDrooler

May 8, 2017
No, it's bad code: first load after game start is fast, second loading from same slot takes much more time.

adev

Apr 27, 2017
Do you get an error message when that happens? With mobile it could always be either to slow (I think timeout errors appear after 15secs) or general resource starvation (too little available ram).

Speeding up saving is possible, but if it is due to data size that is more difficult and will become worse with every bit of content added in the future...

BTW the save speed is also the reason why the second load is so much slower - for player convenience the game is saved (if possible) before loading so that in case of a failed load the old state can be restored. Problem is that the save system was not written with performance in mind.