Save Files in CoC

orochi02

May 20, 2017
so well... I just recently started playing this game and I got kinda far (in my opinion at least since I spent countless hours being engulfed in this game hindering myself from playing fallout new vegas) so I always saved my game sessions. To be 100% sure I won't lose all of my progress I also saved a file on my PC as a backup. When I was done with doing some personal stuff I wanted to continue playing but I accidently deleted my actual progress since I clicked a little too fast but I was relaxed at first because I had my backup. Just then when I tried to load my backup it told me: ye... this file is corrupted or useless. I was like: are you kidding me?! Can't you first: fix the save files for the computer and second: fix my file? All the countless hours U wasted are gone by now and it just feels like a punch in the face.

Last edited:

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
As far as I know there is no way to recover either type of save file. I feel your pain, I've lost far too many saves prematurely myself. Luckily that pain can be eased with the excellent CoC editor. It provides an easy way to restore you character and most of your progression.

Last edited:
Reactions: orochi02 and Kesil

orochi02

May 20, 2017
As far as I know there is no way to recover either type of save file. I feel your pain, I've lost far too many saves prematurely myself. Luckily that pain can be eased with the excellent CoC editor. It provides an easy way to restore you character and most of your progression.
Oh man. That sucks but thanks for showing me the CoC editor! I will make sure to check it out. Thanks for your help.