Save Editor: Yea or Nay?

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
I know that the team is firmly against the support of mods, and are being much stricter with content in general, but what about the possibility of a Save Editor?

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Sounds like a "go for it, but it's completely unnecessary and a waste of time when a simple tutorial post would more than suffice".

This isn't like CoC or TiTS where bypassing Minerva saves a lot of hassle especially now that TiTS is too big to edit that way.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Still, it would be really nice to have, especially for someone like me, who didn't know how to take a screenshot until like 5 months ago, and still has to Google it cause he keeps forgetting.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
I getcha, but it's actually no more difficult than using an editor.

Just for funsies, I tried opening my save in notepad++. Just like with FoE, if you use the JSTool plugin to change the format, it literally just lists everything with a number next to it. Instead of downloading the editor, you download the plugin.

Excerpt
"strengthAlloc" : 0,
"strengthMod" : 0,
"toughnessAlloc" : 0,
"toughnessMod" : 0,
"agilityAlloc" : 0,
"agilityMod" : 0,
"cunningAlloc" : 0,
"cunningMod" : 0,
"willpowerAlloc" : 0,
"willpowerMod" : 0,
"leadershipAlloc" : 0,
"leadershipMod" : 0,
"libidoMod" : 0,
"corruptionMod" : 0,
Excerpt 2
"horns" : 0,
"hornType" : -1,
"hornLength" : 0,
"wingType" : -1,
"wingCount" : 0,
"skinType" : 6,
"skinTags" : [11],
"tailType" : -1,
"numTails" : 0,
"tailTags" : [],
"armType" : 1,
"armTags" : [],
"legCount" : 2,
You change the number, and things change.
Instead of coding an editor, a compilation of what numbers equal what parts is really all anyone needs.

Reactions: sonictheag

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
You don't even need to edit your save, you can edit your character while playing if you use the developer console.

Want your cock to be 2 feet long?
Code:
pc.cocks[0].length(24, true)
Want fur?
Code:
pc.skinType = GLOBALS.SKIN_TYPE_FUR
Want Scale Armor?
Code:
pc.addItem(new ITEMS.ScaleArmor())
etc.

That being said I'm fine with someone making a save editor.

Reactions: sonictheag

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
If somebody wants to make a save editor I would gladly pin it for people, but as Tobs said, it's kinda pointless when you can just use the console.

Reactions: Keto

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Honestly, I'm pretty sure Chase will have it covered, eventually. I mean, they went out of their way to make editors for CoC1 and TiTS, so why not this?

Edit: Wait, did Chase go out of his way to make the save editors? I mean, i assume so, cause ive never heard any mention of him making any cash off of it, so I always thought he did it to be a good samaritan.

Last edited:

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Honestly, I'm pretty sure Chase will have it covered, eventually. I mean, they went out of their way to make editors for CoC1 and TiTS, so why not this?

Edit: Wait, did Chase go out of his way to make the save editors? I mean, i assume so, cause ive never heard any mention of him making any cash off of it, so I always thought he did it to be a good samaritan.

*cough* Chase made the TiTS save editor not the CoC one.
TheMadExile made the CoC save editor, or at least maintains it or did when the game was still being worked on. Chase took the groundwork TME did with the CoC Editor and worked from there to make the TiTS version.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Chase took the groundwork TME did with the CoC Editor and worked from there to make the TiTS version.
Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but since CoC2 works on a whole different system....

That means anyone trying to make a save editor will have to start from scratch. Right?

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but since CoC2 works on a whole different system....

That means anyone trying to make a save editor will have to start from scratch. Right?

Magic 8 ball says... "Don't fucking know." :p :smuggo:

really though I can't answer that since I don't know.

SorenMageofMareth

Aug 28, 2015
You don't even need to edit your save, you can edit your character while playing if you use the developer console.

Want your cock to be 2 feet long?
Code:
pc.cocks[0].length(24, true)
Want fur?
Code:
pc.skinType = GLOBALS.SKIN_TYPE_FUR
Want Scale Armor?
Code:
pc.addItem(new ITEMS.ScaleArmor())
etc.

That being said I'm fine with someone making a save editor.
how do you use the console?

SorenMageofMareth

Aug 28, 2015
You know that only reads as being an asshole about a question. It also doesn't really work. I tried googling similar terms and got weird shit related to buying stuff and app development.
Also still lost about the specifics of what to do or where to imput data to change things. Like am I supposed to put those line in the earlier spoiler somewhere?

I mean I understand your probably busy but if you're going to take the time to give any answer at all you could at least not be a dick about it with a meme insult.

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
You know that only reads as being an asshole about a question. It also doesn't really work. I tried googling similar terms and got weird shit related to buying stuff and app development.
Also still lost about the specifics of what to do or where to imput data to change things. Like am I supposed to put those line in the earlier spoiler somewhere?

I mean I understand your probably busy but if you're going to take the time to give any answer at all you could at least not be a dick about it with a meme insult.
The console is literally a JavaScript interpreter. You write JavaScript and it executes. It's not easy to explain how to write JavaScript to someone via forum posts. Google is your best bet.

The commands above are just game code. I won't be compiling a list of all the ways to set values for your characters so it would take a lot of exploration and breaking your game to figure out how to do stuff so it probably isn't worth it, which is why I'm fine with people making save editors.

Using the dev console was more a suggestion for the technically inclined, and it could be used as a tool to scrape values for the constants used to represent data in save files.

Reactions: SorenMageofMareth

SorenMageofMareth

Aug 28, 2015
The console is literally a JavaScript interpreter. You write JavaScript and it executes. It's not easy to explain how to write JavaScript to someone via forum posts. Google is your best bet.

The commands above are just game code. I won't be compiling a list of all the ways to set values for your characters so it would take a lot of exploration and breaking your game to figure out how to do stuff so it probably isn't worth it, which is why I'm fine with people making save editors.

Using the dev console was more a suggestion for the technically inclined, and it could be used as a tool to scrape values for the constants used to represent data in save files.
Thank you for that explanation. It was simple and to the point. I will abandon this point of inquest.

Sifen

Apr 4, 2018
Give it a year when there's something actually worth save editing and you'll have handholding.
Handholding?
5e1.jpg

Sifen

Apr 4, 2018
th

anyways... yeah I guess we'll all just wait until the game is more developed, save editing currently just really ain't needed seeing as there is next to no content... at all really for the game at the moment.
Why else would I be here?
7c90dbd732c1d56da6a32bc246f10fea9031ed95ae5a0be9c1c3064475281a7a.jpg

Last edited:

noctus

May 7, 2016
floating upon the sea of chaos
personally i say yes, make a save editor. i am horrible at working with code, so something with an actual UI for modifying the values of my character would be much appreciated. yes i have tried my hand at using code before... things did not end well. so as such, any method that involves code of any kind... yeah that is not a viable option for me. and i am sure there are others who have the exact same problem. so why should we be forced to suffer just because we can't work with Code?

anyways, since the game is so new, and hasn't even fully implemented a currency system yet, i say this because i have yet to acquire any form of coinage while playing the tutorial, then a save editor is not currently a priority. my statement is simply a yes for FUTURE development of an editor. usually the only thing i ever modify is how much money my character has, because i NEVER seem to have enough to buy anything meaningful in game. (or in real life, but that is a whole different issue)

so yeah, once the game has been SIGNIFICANTLY more fleshed out, and we have a more stable and COMPLETE product to work with, (and by complete i mean actually playable beyond the tutorial, by at least six or more areas) i say yes, a save editor would be nice.

but again, that is merely my preference. as i said, i cant work with code, so all i can give is my opinion on the matter.

Chaoscurtis

Sep 20, 2015
Well, it is fairly easy to edit the save files, you can open them with freaking notepad. Main issue is figuring out which numbers correspond to which traits when editing stuff.
Not entirely sure on this but from my playing around ...
1 = Human
2 = ???
3 = Lupine (Dog)
4 = Feline (Cat)
5 = Elf
6 = Equine (Horse)
7 = Vulpine (Fox)
8+ = ???
Like I said, not 100% sure ... so ... if a dev want's to correct any of that be my guest ...
Also fairly sure that those numbers won't work for all the different variables.

*Totally didn't use said save editing to do this*
You are a kitsune. You’re a good 5 feet and 10 inches tall. Right now, you’re wearing comfortable clothes, going commando down south, and letting your torso breathe, unrestricted by any undertop.

Your face is human in shape and structure, with smooth, freckled silvery gray skin. Overall, your visage has a jaw-droppingly feminine shape with succulent lips, an adorable nose and long, beautiful eyelashes. Your eyes bear a vertical slit instead of rounded pupils, surrounded by a brightly luminous emerald green iris. The very long, dark green hair atop your head is parted by a pair of large, adept fox ears that always seem to be listening. Your mouth contains a tongue.

You have a humanoid upper body with the usual torso, arms, hands, and fingers. You have curvy hips that make you move with a sexy, swinging gait, and your butt stretches your gear, flexing it with each step. Nine swishing, greenish black fox tails extend from your butt, curling around your body - the soft fur feels lovely. Two normal human legs extend below your waist, ending in normal human feet. Your belly is fairly well-toned.

You have two volleyball-sized tits, capped with one black bud each. The average-sized areolae are black. When you’re aroused enough, your 0.4-inch nipples pop out, ready for action. You could easily fill a DD bra.

Your sexual equipment is located at your humanoid waist. You have a pussy, with one 0.5-inch clit and an intact hymen. Thick streams of girl-cum drool constantly from your fluid-drooling, black slit.

You have one virgin tailhole, placed between your cheeks where it belongs.
... Save editing is fun ^_^ ...
Now if I could just figure out which number is the demon variable ...

Last edited:
Reactions: NeroArima