Salvaging a TiTS Save

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
So my [very old] desktop gave out. Luckily I had another [very old] desktop ready to replace it.

Unluckily I lost all my TiTS saves.

Also luckily I'd uploaded a version of my main save to the forums and was able to retrieve it and even place it in the folder for TiTS files [along with a new save I created in order to make that folder].

Unluckily it won't load, not in browser and not from file. Saves I create by saving my fresh out of the box character load but not the saved one. Anyone got a way I can regain my character as of January of this year?

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Is it a .sol file? If so you can try using minerva. Otherwise you could try an older build of the game.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Was it stated somewhere or tested by someone, just how old can a save be to still be made compatible with the newest build by the save upgrade function?

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Is it a .sol file? If so you can try using minerva. Otherwise you could try an older build of the game.

How do?

I was thinking maybe I could open it in the newest version it would work in and then stair-step it into modernity.

here is the file in question, by the by

View attachment TiTs_2.sol

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
here is the file in question, by the by

View attachment 4446

Opened the file in Minerva, immediately saw that it is called TiTs_1.sol. I changed the file name, plopped it in the proper folder in appdata, opened up TiTS and the file loaded just fine.

SO all you have to do is:
1) Change the file name from TiTs_2.sol to TiTS_1.sol (right click > rename)
   if you know where the file goes, just plop it in. If not:
2) Hit windows button + R, type %appdata%, hit OK.
3) Go to the search bar, type tits_, and your fresh local character save should pop up. Right click the fresh file, Open File Location.
4) Plop renamed save in. Open game, load and be happy.

• I think your save is fairly recent. It's a lv8 JDeko.
• This problem occurred cause you changed the file name at some point (probably as a quick back-up). The code knows what the file should be called and searches for that name. If you change the filename, it can't find it, so the slot appears empty.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
that worked!

I'd changed it to not override the new save, and i guess that fucked everything up. So glad to have it working now