Salamander TF?

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Uhhh, they don't. Cinderleaf doesn't give horns and no 'manders are described as having them. If you've somehow gotten horns it's from something else.

TheShepard256

Actually the base TF does have the black schlera I think?
Their Codex entry doesn't mention black sclera or horns, only black slits (i.e. pupils) and various iris colours. Also, Darius's Appearance screen doesn't mention his sclera (simply saying his eyes are "yellow slitted"), but it does include "the pair of ash-black 'mander horns that flow away and back from his head". Notably, Darius was written by Tobs, while Philander, Phyria and the Salamander Codex entry were written by Savin (their busts were also drawn by two different people); I'd assume the latter has priority when it comes to canonicity, which would mean no horns and white sclera are what's natural for them. The TFs' eye thing might be a problem/oversight with the salamander eye type rather than the TFs themselves.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

SeptimusPrime

Apr 5, 2021
STALKER!
Their Codex entry doesn't mention black sclera or horns, only black slits (i.e. pupils) and various iris colours. Also, Darius's Appearance screen doesn't mention his sclera (simply saying his eyes are "yellow slitted"), but it does include "the pair of ash-black 'mander horns that flow away and back from his head". Notably, Darius was written by Tobs, while Philander, Phyria and the Salamander Codex entry were written by Savin (their busts were also drawn by two different people); I'd assume the latter has priority when it comes to canonicity, which would mean no horns and white sclera are what's natural for them. The TFs' eye thing might be a problem/oversight with the salamander eye type rather than the TFs themselves.

They are Related to Dragon's i suppose

TheShepard256

They are Related to Dragon's i suppose
We currently don't know if dragons have black sclera - or much else about them, for that matter (including whether or not they have horns). If they don't, then why would salamanders have them? AFAIK, only demons are confirmed to naturally have black sclera. Something that may be worth noting is that the salamander's equivalent in TiTS, the gryvain, have white sclera with black 'tendrils' across it.

Reactions: Burnerbro