Run's art room.

Rohezk

Feb 19, 2018
Argentina
If you would like to improve how you draw, you could start by copying what others do first , or alternatively use lots of references until you find a method that you like to drawing faces, bodies, etc. And make them look more natural.
It takes some time to learn how to actually go about anatomy, from experience I spent a long time copying other artists works (Yes, making direct copies) to learn how to and pick up on some guidelines.
I think you could improve a lot by trying something like that.
Making use of references is something you really can't avoid if you want to draw accurately. For example, I made this one for the last drawing I worked on.

Attachments

• A cock and a hard place.jpg
    A cock and a hard place.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 100

runingman69

Nov 24, 2018
canuck land.
If you would like to improve how you draw, you could start by copying what others do first , or alternatively use lots of references until you find a method that you like to drawing faces, bodies, etc. And make them look more natural.
It takes some time to learn how to actually go about anatomy, from experience I spent a long time copying other artists works (Yes, making direct copies) to learn how to and pick up on some guidelines.
I think you could improve a lot by trying something like that.
Making use of references is something you really can't avoid if you want to draw accurately. For example, I made this one for the last drawing I worked on.
I will give the 3d models a try.

OofS

Apr 26, 2019
I love the colors you use for your drawings. If you don’t mind, I can give you some tips on how to improve. I feel ya about the shading bit, I’m still getting better with it too. What helped me with digital art was finding a program that was suited for my style, so if I may inquire, what program are you using for drawing?

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

OofS

Apr 26, 2019
Lmao that caption. Anyways, I use a program called Krita (idk if it’s similar like CSP, but it’s really close with Photoshop) when it comes to shading and digital art in general. What I would do is make an layer and get a soft brush. I would get a color darker than the original color, for example, the color white would be a warm gray for shade color. Once I get that, I decrease the opacity below 50%( or a lot lower if needed) and color it on the new layer. Then I would switch the layer to a filter called multiply. (I usually use many kind for different layers, but since you’re new, I’d suggest trying out multiply first to get used to the filters).

The filters are found here:

79D135D2-4D88-43F6-9745-AD24060AECBA.jpeg
Krita
D95A00DD-994E-4BFD-8916-52C327355876.jpeg
CSP (Sorry it might be an outdated pic)

If you feel the shade is too thick, you could always change the layer opacity as well. Tbh I always do that since I’m too lazy to restroke a perfect stroke.

And the results usually looks like this for me:
F6CA83BE-1E3D-4DA8-B5F1-5280D057B33C.jpeg

You can also do this with highlighting as well (as you can see on my alien’s bulbs)

I wish I could show you a better example, but my pc is updating and it’s almost midnight where I am lol.

OofS

Apr 26, 2019
I like the hair shading! Really nice! You’re improving.

OofS

Apr 26, 2019
Reactions: Lone Wolf115

OofS

Apr 26, 2019
She’s cute! I like her!

Reactions: runingman69