[RPGMaker][Patreon] Fractured Worlds Saga : The Nether Sky (Announcement)

CrazyChameleon

May 18, 2017
K6r5EZ.png

Download the latest Public Build from my Patreon! : https://www.patreon.com/CrazyChameleon

egi1mg.jpg

-- Synopsis --

Ihria .. A world unlike any other.

And now that world has changed forever ...

A power both ancient and new stirs within you. It's ability to reshape the world chilling you to the core.

Take on the role of Victor Khalder a young man finding his way in the world whose sudden discovery thrusts him into a desperate situation. The arrival of an unknown army possessing unbelievable technology and the awakening of age old gods from slumber plunges the world into chaos! As all but unnoticed some unseen hand directs the soulless armies of the Chosen against the divided strongholds of humanity. Weak from constant corruption and war.

You must wield your power, Journey through the lost places and dangerous streets of Ihria, Rally your allies .. And stand firm in the face of an enemy that has manipulated history itself!

Together with your comrades you must discover the truth and unite the last world. Before it is too late!

gXBEwU.png

-- What is it? --

Fractured Worlds : The Nether Sky is an erotic RPG game with solid mechanics, An interesting story and sexy monsters and adventurers! The game will feature a variety of anthro's and body types as well as a strong story. And a well developed world with it's own rules, politics and pitfalls! The game will include a large variety of SFW and NSFW content. Including some homosexual/transgender material. This game is catered around my own tastes as a bisexual male with a fairly strong preference for women. So expect mostly hetero stuff but with a smattering of femboys and the occasional hot stud. I plan on a few lesbian scenes but it isn't a main focus.

The game will be updated monthly ..
$10 Patreons get the update immediately ..
$5 Patreons get the update 1 month after release
Two months after release that build goes public.

XaYGXn.jpg

-- Game features --

- Many hours of playable content. Demo constitutes about 10% of the full game.

- 12 H-Scenes. Currently mostly M/F but with some Futa and M/M.

- All CG SFW and NSFW are in HD 1920x1080 resolution. As is the game itself.

- A serviceable crafting system that feeds into the lore of the game and teaches you about the technology and politics of the world.

- The ability to recruit monster girls and monster boys that shine in battle and in the bedroom!

- Beautiful artistic overlays that bring the world to life!

- A cast of unique characters each accompanied by their own purpose built character art.

YVHZoK.jpg

-- Final Word --

Thank you for reading through my preview! I hope that the game has piqued your interest. I am planning to release the game and open up my Patreon on the 5th June. And when I do that a link to my Patreon will be posted at the end of this topic!

Ways to reach me.

Twitter : @CC_FWS
E-mail : feedback@fracturedworlds.co.uk
Patreon Page : https://www.patreon.com/CrazyChameleon

Last edited:
Reactions: IvoryOwl

Mad Maru

Nov 1, 2016
The screenshots look very promising! Can't wait to play the demo. Considering the artworks and unique UI, it seems like there's quite some effort going on here. I really hope this won't end up as another dead patreon project after a few months.
Best of luck!

CrazyChameleon

May 18, 2017
Ah one bit of information I guess didn't get into this document is my promise to my patreons. As per the workload and release schedules. I want to be honest as a solo dev I am not totally sure yet how fast I will be able to bring new content at first. I may well have to make new artistic contacts as well if my current ones can't keep up. However I promise that there WILL be a minimum of a new h-scene added to the game every month. Initially these will be placed in chapter 1 until the first part of chapter 2 comes out for the backers. Chapter 2 is huge and mapping work is already well underway on it. Since right now I am merely waiting for some key artwork to finish.

The chapter will be released in sections. As one portion of chapter 2's plot is complete it will be released. I am hoping to have this done within a month of the initial release and no later than three. I am making no promises that this project will be a fast burn. Getting chapter 1 ready for play has taken me about half a year. And chapter 2 is much larger. However my promise to patreons is they will have SOMETHING new to entertain them every month. Not only that but anything but the lowest tier of patreons will be able to vote on those extra h-scenes. Choosing between 3 - 4 concepts. And certain patreons with access to the new discord I am reserving for the game can feel free to pitch ideas. Which may or may not get added to these polls.

Of course any game breaking bugs will be fixed asap regardless of normal schedules. I appreciate that revealing that you wont be getting a finished game for a long time is probably tantamount to me blowing my own brains out. But after all the ridiculously ambitious patreon projects that promise the world and deliver nothing. I figured some transparency and honesty might just be appreciated.

CrazyChameleon

May 18, 2017
Thank you for your concern but I should be fine. We are not even remotely in the same industry. Nor am I copying their branding in any other way. Any case against me by this band would be very flimsy. A simple coincidental name duplicate does not always make for a strong case for a brand dispute. For example Metropolis the publisher is not going to be making any cases against Metropolis the recording studio. Even though they are large companies with strong brands.

Worst case scenario .. they turn out to be nasty people with a surprising amount of money and an army of lawyers. And then I change my brand name so they wont drag me through the courts.

I strongly suspect they won't care however.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
I think you made a mistake by making the first demo exclusive to Patreons. You really want to have there be something public that players can try out before you actually ask for funding. It's fine for there to be exclusive content for patrons, but you really should have something public, especially when there are so many other RPG maker games available to support. The quality here is a step up from most, but that's unlikely to make a huge difference when compared to games that have been in development for years and have far more content available.

Reactions: Nephilim_Anunnaki

CrazyChameleon

May 18, 2017
I did consider distributing for free. But to me I wanted to actually get people in the door. The demo is available to any pledge over $1 .. I honestly didn't think that was asking a lot. As there is a LOT of content.

However you aren't the only people to say this as a result. I have created a smaller demo that I will be distributing for free. You will still have to be a petreon to get the full version of chapter 1 which is many times longer and has much more content. But it should be sufficient to decide whether or not you like the game.

Last edited:

CrazyChameleon

May 18, 2017
Okay well new announcement. I actually had to pull the build for a while .. should be back up in a few hours. But when i'm sure the main build has survived deployment problem free I'm going to make an actual demo. The problem with chapter 1 as it stands is it's really far too large to be called a demo. However I am going to be releasing a free demo on the site some time in the not too distant future. I will post here to announce it.

Nephilim_Anunnaki

Sep 7, 2015
I did consider distributing for free. But to me I wanted to actually get people in the door. The demo is available to any pledge over $1 .. I honestly didn't think that was asking a lot. As there is a LOT of content.

However you aren't the only people to say this as a result. I have created a smaller demo that I will be distributing for free. You will still have to be a petreon to get the full version of chapter 1 which is many times longer and has much more content. But it should be sufficient to decide whether or not you like the game.

Ok, but how you or any other people expect to people pay for a demo regardless the content? neither the commercial ones do that.

CrazyChameleon

May 18, 2017
Perhaps my mistake was in labeling it a demo rather than a beta. And people pay for beta's all the time. Which is what the original build really should have been called. I am making a demo .. It will be free. But it will not be the entire first chapter of the game. I am sorry you seem to feel like I am somehow trying to cheat you over this. I wish I knew what to say to convince you of my sincerity. I guess my mistake was in assuming people wouldn't get hung up on words like demo and beta that have become incredibly vague and instead look at the amount of content on offer and decide for themselves whether it was worth a dollar or not.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Your plan sounds fine. The reason people got hung up is because you launched with no public release of any kind. Demo or beta, the name isn't important. As a new developer with no previous projects to demonstrate your skills, you have nothing that anyone can look at to see what your abilities are without actually pledging for the game. It's because people want you to succeed that we're telling you that this isn't a good idea. Competition on Patreon is very fierce right now and there are many easy mistakes that a budding developer can make and end up lost in the flood of projects. Some sort of proper public release or demo is one of those things that will really help you get past the suspicion of possible fraud and hold people's attention for more than a few minutes. It's not your fault or anything like that, it's just what previous developers have done that have left people shy or more cautious on the service.

Reactions: Nephilim_Anunnaki

CrazyChameleon

May 18, 2017
Yep I heard about that .. even followed the game for a while until they started getting like 30 grand a month with very little updates to a god damn flash game XD Honestly don't know what happened behind the scenes there. Or where the money went. All I can say is if you are wary play my demo .. which will be available for download probably tommorow .. Tuesday at the very latest. Then you can decide for yourself.

I can only imagine what I'd do if I got that successful. Probably full custom Ost and hire a couple of my favorite artists full time. And spring for voice acting for all my h-scenes XD

Though maybe not voice acting .. English voice actors can be a pretty cringe-worthy bunch.

CrazyChameleon

May 18, 2017
Due to advice from my Patrons and from some knowledgeable people in the industry I have changed my release policy slightly. The long and the short of it is there is now a free demo available. It isn't as large as the entire chapter 1 you get on Patreon but if you want to see what the game is like before taking the plunge here it is !

https://www.mediafire.com/?37fgccgr82zg5y5

As promised! If there are any issues with it let me know and they will be fixed right away.

CrazyChameleon

May 18, 2017
A reply appears to have gotten lost but I will reply to it anyway. It ask's two reasonable questions I would like to address ..

1. The Demo is large .. can it be smaller?

For the size of the game I'm afraid I did try to limit it as much as possible. I could possibly shave the demo down a bit more with some more work but you would still be looking at about 1 - 1.2gb. This is because the game uses a fairly large pool of music and animations and the map overlays also take up a significant amount of space. I can post a 7zip version that could get it a bit smaller too. If that would help. But I think getting the demo under a gigabyte would be very tricky.

2. Lepidia (The Moth Girl) Has bubble breasts .. Is there any breast variety in the game or do all female's have these?

As for breast size .. Mira is female and is totally flat chested. I plan to have a range of breast sizes in the game ranging from DFC To Massive matronly breasts. I also made sure that Mira, Being a warrior woman did not have the body of a fashion model but rather is muscular. It's also a pet peeve of mine when you see a female character who is supposed to be an armorclad warrior and she looks like she's in cosplay. Sarufine, A familiar you acquire later in the game is also somewhat of a plus sized woman with a large body and big heavy breasts. (And a massive futa cock ;P) It's true that a good majority of the women in this game will fall under fairly conventional anime standards of beauty. But I want there to be an appreciable number who are less conventional or more realistic. The same will be true of some of the men. Much later in the game there is plans for a hefty muscular orc style familiar who has a kind gentle personality .. Inspired in part by this comic.

http://imgur.com/gallery/9LPp4

Reactions: Lee@Duva

buffmuffin

Apr 5, 2016
A reply appears to have gotten lost but I will reply to it anyway. It ask's two reasonable questions I would like to address ..

1. The Demo is large .. can it be smaller?

For the size of the game I'm afraid I did try to limit it as much as possible. I could possibly shave the demo down a bit more with some more work but you would still be looking at about 1 - 1.2gb. This is because the game uses a fairly large pool of music and animations and the map overlays also take up a significant amount of space. I can post a 7zip version that could get it a bit smaller too. If that would help. But I think getting the demo under a gigabyte would be very tricky.

2. Lepidia (The Moth Girl) Has bubble breasts .. Is there any breast variety in the game or do all female's have these?

As for breast size .. Mira is female and is totally flat chested. I plan to have a range of breast sizes in the game ranging from DFC To Massive matronly breasts. I also made sure that Mira, Being a warrior woman did not have the body of a fashion model but rather is muscular. It's also a pet peeve of mine when you see a female character who is supposed to be an armorclad warrior and she looks like she's in cosplay. Sarufine, A familiar you acquire later in the game is also somewhat of a plus sized woman with a large body and big heavy breasts. (And a massive futa cock ;P) It's true that a good majority of the women in this game will fall under fairly conventional anime standards of beauty. But I want there to be an appreciable number who are less conventional or more realistic. The same will be true of some of the men. Much later in the game there is plans for a hefty muscular orc style familiar who has a kind gentle personality .. Inspired in part by this comic.

http://imgur.com/gallery/9LPp4

Ah, thanks for replying. I deleted because i *thought* i realized that the pink haired hard-to-determine-gender in the second pic was Mira, due to the eyepatch, and thought it was a male player character.

Glad you clarified this. Will download immediately.

buffmuffin

Apr 5, 2016
While playing i found a bug when fighting the Obamanation .
:)
image.jpg

Edit>> Ok, that's apparently the end of the demo.

I'm impressed, that's really well put together. I've seen a lot of professional games with less polish.

I especially like the part where not every woman in the game was a 38DDD.

You earned a patron. Right now i'm outputting about $250 a month supporting 2 projects at a higher rate to get some artwork completed. I'll sign on at a lower rate of $50 to support, but once that art is complete i may adjust up a bit.

Also, i note you have a 1st of the month Patreon charge scheme. I would humbly recommend you switch to an up front charge system. The once a month scheme lends itself to people pledging and then canceling right before the 1st of the month. Creates a needless headache.

Last edited:

CrazyChameleon

May 18, 2017
Haha the MV deployment kit strikes yet again. First it was facesets because MV changed the naming format for multi platforms without any sort of error handling but thiss .. I can't fathom this at all XD.

https://www.mediafire.com/?udnekgxgpkoha22

Here is the missing SE file. Stick it in www\audio\se That should fix it.
Fixed builds will be uploaded soon.

Basically when deploying MV excludes unused files. But that exclusion seems to be very strange .. I mean it wasn't plugin dependant .. It's just a normal move made in the editor. And MV included all the other little punch sounds .. Beginning to get more than a little frustrated. I can't really just include my entire resource library with the game. That's 5.2GB XD.

By apologies for the bug. I'm investigating creating some sort of better error handling so missing files prop up a placeholder rather than crash the game.