[RPG Maker VX Ace] Caliross 0.9.10 Mar/30/2024

xApocryphon

Aug 2, 2018
Oh neat tutorial. No rewards for using all my fancy magicks though? Or did I miss something? I couldn't figure out what to hit with my lightning bolt. And the portal doesn't glow when you use the magic detector

xApocryphon

Aug 2, 2018
Hehe, nice song lyrics. I don't work, I don't eat lunch, I just smoke and forget. Well, close enough, at least. It's been a few years since high school French.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Rather than making a new post every hour, it would help keep down on post bloat if you just edit your previous comment to add in your new thoughts.
I understand, I'd just appreciate a little catering to the more dominant side in the future
It may just be that this game isn't for you. Different people have wildly different sexual tastes and it's fine if some cater to your interests while others don't. When the game was first starting up there were people asking for a male PC option, which wasn't something the author really wanted to do. That's fine, if the author wants to focus on female PC sub content than that's what the game is focused on. If you can find stuff you enjoy in the game, that's great. If there just isn't anything in there for you, that's okay as well. The important thing is that it's clear from the start what you should expect so as a player you can find the games that cater to your interests.

xApocryphon

Aug 2, 2018
Rather than making a new post every hour, it would help keep down on post bloat if you just edit your previous comment to add in your new thoughts.

It may just be that this game isn't for you. Different people have wildly different sexual tastes and it's fine if some cater to your interests while others don't. When the game was first starting up there were people asking for a male PC option, which wasn't something the author really wanted to do. That's fine, if the author wants to focus on female PC sub content than that's what the game is focused on. If you can find stuff you enjoy in the game, that's great. If there just isn't anything in there for you, that's okay as well. The important thing is that it's clear from the start what you should expect so as a player you can find the games that cater to your interests.
I.. wasn't looking for a lecture on it. I was kinda having a discussion mdqp, but thanks so much for your feedback.

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
I uhh, I thought I had a really nice gig going for a day or two there with the singer. I did not.

Let's just say I feel like you shouldn't quit your day job for a career as a solo musician just yet. XD

For the issues you were having with the game, are you sure you didn't uninstall the RTP at any point? Or that the download/installation had issues? The required RTP is linked near the bottom of the OP, by the way.

You don't have a use for all the spells in the tutorial (so the thunder is the odd one out, I guess XD) and the portal is already visibly magical, so I felt like it wouldn't look more magical, even with detect magic (also, it's a bit annoying to prepare extra events for another layer when it doesn't convey more info).

Oh, and of course there is no problem talking about what you guys might like/dislike/want in the game, unless people get pushy.

xApocryphon

Aug 2, 2018
Let's just say I feel like you shouldn't quit your day job for a career as a solo musician just yet. XD

For the issues you were having with the game, are you sure you didn't uninstall the RTP at any point? Or that the download/installation had issues? The required RTP is linked near the bottom of the OP, by the way.

You don't have a use for all the spells in the tutorial (so the thunder is the odd one out, I guess XD) and the portal is already visibly magical, so I felt like it wouldn't look more magical, even with detect magic (also, it's a bit annoying to prepare extra events for another layer when it doesn't convey more info).

Oh, and of course there is no problem talking about what you guys might like/dislike/want in the game, unless people get pushy.
I'm kind of bad about cleaning my hard drive, but it's a possibility. I'm not quite enjoying the game as much as I'd like, it's certainly very high quality, it just doesn't really hit the things I like the most. You're great at what you do, darlin'. Keep up the awesome work! (And maybe future projects will give us tops a lil' extra love?)

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
I'm kind of bad about cleaning my hard drive, but it's a possibility. I'm not quite enjoying the game as much as I'd like, it's certainly very high quality, it just doesn't really hit the things I like the most. You're great at what you do, darlin'. Keep up the awesome work! (And maybe future projects will give us tops a lil' extra love?)

It happens. It's definitely not a game for everyone (I am not even sure such a game exists). The next game will be a sequel to an old one. I think that does have some potential for domme content, but again, I like sub stuff a lot, so I'd be lying if I said it isn't going to be the majority of the content. Maybe it will be enough to attract more people who aren't much into submissive scenes, we'll see.

xApocryphon

Aug 2, 2018
It happens. It's definitely not a game for everyone (I am not even sure such a game exists). The next game will be a sequel to an old one. I think that does have some potential for domme content, but again, I like sub stuff a lot, so I'd be lying if I said it isn't going to be the majority of the content. Maybe it will be enough to attract more people who aren't much into submissive scenes, we'll see.
Well, like I said it's *technically* wonderful, it's amazing from the technical, practical, and artistic perspectives, and the art is absolutely amazing, Erica's so pretty I can't even deal with it, so I'd be willing to bet that you'll get tons of fans once people start picking up on it. Serious props to your skills, it's an awesome game in the same way that Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy is amazing, it's just not for me. Even if you don't ever cater to my specific fetishes, I won't try to say it's a bad game because it's actually, genuinely amazing and I'll have to convince you one day to teach me your secrets.

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
Well, like I said it's *technically* wonderful, it's amazing from the technical, practical, and artistic perspectives, and the art is absolutely amazing, Erica's so pretty I can't even deal with it, so I'd be willing to bet that you'll get tons of fans once people start picking up on it. Serious props to your skills, it's an awesome game in the same way that Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy is amazing, it's just not for me. Even if you don't ever cater to my specific fetishes, I won't try to say it's a bad game because it's actually, genuinely amazing and I'll have to convince you one day to teach me your secrets.

Thanks for all the kind words! ^_^ I am not sure I deserse this much praise, but if someone who isn't into the game is enthusiastic about it, hopefully it means I am doing something right.

I doubt things are going to pick up much more (the game has been going for a few years already, and I can't think of many other forums I could spread the word to), but things are going fine already, so I am happy, even if I always wish for the game to do better, of course.

xApocryphon

Aug 2, 2018
Thanks for all the kind words! ^_^ I am not sure I deserse this much praise, but if someone who isn't into the game is enthusiastic about it, hopefully it means I am doing something right.

I doubt things are going to pick up much more (the game has been going for a few years already, and I can't think of many other forums I could spread the word to), but things are going fine already, so I am happy, even if I always wish for the game to do better, of course.
Well, I think you deserve the highest of praise, darlin'. You keep doing your thing and I'll recommend Caliross wherever I can

Reactions: mdqp

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
We get another update this month... Just like every other month. XD

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1V-4S1x_9ZHNYcLiLO1oFHhrL_rjF033R

My patreon page is here, if anyone wants to check it (it's a useful hub for changelog, walkthrough and whatnot, even if you don't want to support).

This is the changelog for the free version:
  • mini-quest as a nymph/dryad + 1 scene when you complete the task (still not finished);
  • 1 new scene for the modeling job;
  • vampire quest;
  • 1 new scene for the ponygirl path;
  • 1 random scene for being drunk at the inn;
  • bath masturbation scene added;
  • added first "generic" fathers to the pregnancy system (drunk guy from the random event at night, and working at the brothel);
  • new quest (chapter 3 onward, guy appears nearby your house in Tarkas. LoM/vampires possible meddling, mutually exclusive);

Reactions: null_blank

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
Here is another update. Also, it dawned on me that having the link on my Patreon page might be bad for those who don't have a Patreon account, so I'll link the free version here as well, from now on.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1x4JodAOnxq5LNOc9bIxMaoDkG9xriyZt

Here is the changelog for version 0.93:
  • Werewolf path properly started (6 sexy scenes; new, longer intro; maps and NPCs added);
  • 1 new scene for the waitress job;
  • 1 new scene for Lea;
  • 2 new scenes for Eliza;
  • 1 new scene for Dominique;

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
As usual, the monthly update is here. The free version is always available at my Patreon page (I checked, and was able to enter even without being logged in, so I'll just keep redirecting people there). Here is the changelog, as well.

Anyway, enough talks. I hope you'll have fun! ^_^

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
As I wait for the new Patreon version to upload, I might as well start sharing the presents (open the link only if you have been good this year XD). The latest public version has been updated to 0.95.

As always, you can find a link in my Patreon page here, while you can see the changelog here.

Have fun! ^_^

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
The first release of the year is here! It's a bit late, but oh well, it's better than never, right? XD

On my Patreon page, you can find the link to download the new public version here, and you can check the changelog here.

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
Follow this one little trick to get your favourite game(!?) updated!

The new public version is, as always, on my patreon page here, while you can find the super interesting read known as the changelog here.

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
What if I told you, that the new update is crazy? Maybe you'd doubt me... And you would be right. Still, I think it's fun, and I hope you guys will enjoy it.

The new public version is available on my patreon page here, while the secrets of this release can be divined by reading changelog here.

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
i wonder how many scenes does the nari has atm?

It should be 5 scenes, if I remember correctly. I am actually writing an H-scenes list (very slowly), so players will eventually get a proper guide on that kind of stuff.

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
No, this is not an extremely late April's fool joke, the update is here! But is the content a joke? Only one way to find out.

You can get the free version of my game (and wonder what are you doing with your life) on my patreon page here, while you can spoil yourself with the changelog here.

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
A shocking revelation! The new update is here! Hide this from your family... They might want to play it too, and hog the PC!*

As usual, the new free version can be found on my patreon page here, while you can check the changelog here.

*Probably not.

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
It's here! The best shapeshifter-historian simulator on the planet, now available to the masses for only 99.99$*

The new free version can be found on my patreon page here, (or here at itch.io) while you can check the changelog here.

*Actually it's free, other than the optional Patreon support/benefits, so if someone is trying to make you pay, that's a scam.**
**If you want to give me money anyway, I promise I'll politely pretend to refuse once, before accepting it.

Last edited:

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
Did you ever wonder what is it like to be a sorority girl werewolf? Boy, you sure have a wild immagination, who'd ever fantasize about that?! Still, there is some cool* stuff this month as well.

The new free version can be found on my patreon page here, (or here at itch.io) while you can check the changelog here.

*The author rejects any accusations of him being "not cool", because he is "totally in with the youngsters, dude".

Restia985

Jul 18, 2020
How much time would it take you to see all the scenes in the game? Or if you were to rush through all the content, how much would it take you to get to the end of what it currently has? I remember playing like a year ago and loving the game due to all the features and the random events. Great work!

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
How much time would it take you to see all the scenes in the game? Or if you were to rush through all the content, how much would it take you to get to the end of what it currently has? I remember playing like a year ago and loving the game due to all the features and the random events. Great work!

Good to know you liked the game back then!! ^_^ Since as a dev I don't play the game like a regular player, it's hard to make a good estimate. Last time someone asked that, a player said it should be 12-15 hours if you try to explore most of what's on offer, and around 40 hours if you try to check absolutely everything over multiple playthroughs (assuming you don't skip/cheat).

If you rush through the game, you can advance pretty quickly, since the main quest is fairly straightforward and most of the content comes in side activities and quests.
I hope this was helpful. Actually, do let me know how long it takes you to complete a playthrough of what's currently available, if you go for it.

MrSpankz

Oct 21, 2018
How do I get back to court after finishing the quest to become a noble? The valet has disappeared!

EDIT: Never mind. Figured it out.

Last edited:

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
How do I get back to court after finishing the quest to become a noble? The valet has disappeared!

For the ceremony to become a noble, there will be a guard outside your house to pick you up (if you have enough votes and the time is up). After that, you'll have to wait until you buy your own carriage later on.