[RPG Maker VX Ace] Caliross 0.9.10 Mar/30/2024

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
Hello everyone! I heard that the game has some magical creature that can reverse cow path to start. Where I can find it?

The dragon is very hard to find! You need to
go to the temple North-East of Rahib.

There, you must find the secret underground cave (either by going there at night and using the push spell to create an opening into a cracked rock wall, or by going behind the stele in the first floor and interacting with the hidden door.

Finally, you must use detect magic near the stairs, and then dispel.

Let me know if you need me to be clearer, as the explanation is a little complicated. XD

Reactions: qwed

qwed

Sep 18, 2016
The dragon is very hard to find! You need to
go to the temple North-East of Rahib.

There, you must find the secret underground cave (either by going there at night and using the push spell to create an opening into a cracked rock wall, or by going behind the stele in the first floor and interacting with the hidden door.

Finally, you must use detect magic near the stairs, and then dispel.
Let me know if you need me to be clearer, as the explanation is a little complicated. XD

Thank you very much for help! With explanation is everything alright :) I found it behind the hidden door, but with a cracked wall the heroine has saying that it not big for her to enter.

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
Thank you very much for help! With explanation is everything alright :) I found it behind the hidden door, but with a cracked wall the heroine has saying that it not big for her to enter.

When there are small openings, you can always turn into a mouse (if you unlocked that ability ^_^).

qwed

Sep 18, 2016
When there are small openings, you can always turn into a mouse (if you unlocked that ability ^_^).

Oh! Exactly! I forgot about that. By the way, you have a great game! Сontinue in the same way :)

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
Oh! Exactly! I forgot about that. By the way, you have a great game! Сontinue in the same way :)

Happy to hear you are liking it so far! I'll do my best to keep it improving. :)

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
i was wondering on how to navigate the gallery?

You mean, how to check the other pages? The default keys on the keyboard should be "Q" and "W", (L and R on a gamepad).

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
The new version for October went live! You can get the free version here, or you can download the latest patreon version from here, if you are a supporter.

We also have a walkthrough now (link in the OP). Have fun, if you give it a shot!

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
By the way,how long do you plan to have pregnancy’s last

Pregnancies will last 3 or 4 days, tops. There is a "test pregnancy" in the game (you need to have sex with the baker), if you want to check out the basic "skeleton" for what I have in mind. I had actually released that version specifically to hear from people, but not that many patrons had anything to say, so I didn't work on expanding it beyond the test, at the moment.

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
Will you port your game to an Android .apk file?

This was made using RPG Maker VX Ace (which isn't the latest version of RPG Maker), so I can't export the game to android (it's pretty much windows only). Maybe with some Windows emulator it could run on another OS, but I can't imagine it would run very well.

CleansingFire

Aug 27, 2015
Maybe with some Windows emulator it could run on another OS, but I can't imagine it would run very well.

VX Ace games can run on Linux with Wine, "out of the box", with a few exceptions. Caliross crashes with the default Wine settings, though, because it uses MP3 files in its soundtrack. It still can be played if you disable Wine's audio drivers (e.g. winegstreamer) in Wine's config and install directmusic with Winetricks.

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
I hope you have some free time, in case you want to play with the new update! The free version is here, and the patreon-only version is here.

If you give it a go, make sure you share with me any suggestions you might have. ^_^

Reactions: null_blank

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
If you wished for another update this year, I've got the thing for you (if you didn't, please take your complaints to Santa, instead)! The free version can be found here, while the Patreon-only release is here.

As always, do let me know if you have suggestions, bug reports, or simply if you are liking the game. ^_^

Reactions: null_blank

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Do I have to start a new game to see the changes or can I just copy over my save file?

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
Do I have to start a new game to see the changes or can I just copy over my save file?

In theory, it's fine to just copy-paste old saves (I try to keep things compatible), but the older they are, the harder it is to get full compatibility, and there is always a small chance of something not working as intended.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
In theory, it's fine to just copy-paste old saves (I try to keep things compatible), but the older they are, the harder it is to get full compatibility, and there is always a small chance of something not working as intended.
Alrighty I'm going to just roll up a new character than. :D

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
The system is still a rough alpha. Since I had people with complaints when I outlined the idea, I didn't want to commit too much to it, and get feedback first. Sadly, I didn't really get much of a response, so I'll just do my own thing from here on out, slowly flashing it out. As for the number of kids, there isn't a concrete upper limit, but for the (very minor) interactions you can have with the babies, the current limit is 3 (as in, I just allowed the option to interact with the first 3 babies).

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
From what I've seen so far there's not much wrong with it from a mechanical point of view. You've covered pretty much all the bases in terms of allowing, disallowing pregnancy content in the fertility temple. Thematically it seems weird that Erica can essentially hand-wave having a child when so many events in game can leave permanent, irrevocable changes to her mind and body. At the moment with respect to it being a rough alpha, there are no consequences for Erica if she should choose to have a child.

I'm very interested in seeing where you're going with this :)

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
From what I've seen so far there's not much wrong with it from a mechanical point of view. You've covered pretty much all the bases in terms of allowing, disallowing pregnancy content in the fertility temple. Thematically it seems weird that Erica can essentially hand-wave having a child when so many events in game can leave permanent, irrevocable changes to her mind and body. At the moment with respect to it being a rough alpha, there are no consequences for Erica if she should choose to have a child.

I'm very interested in seeing where you're going with this :)

Originally, I had plans for pregnancies to be special endings, pretty much, because I wanted them to have consequences, and at the same time, handling such a delicate topic in a game like mine isn't easy and doing anything with the kids is usually trivial or tedious (I don't like how they are usually an after-thought, which is also why I am struggling with it now). I then got a critique of my idea, which basically boils down to "if you do it that way, there would be no purpose to it", since they felt like going around while pregnant is the main pull for pregnant content.

I decided to make a compromise, and let players continue to play (and have a "limited" sandbox while pregnant), but this leaves me in a problematic spot as far as figuring out how the aftermath plays out. Unless I limit the number, kids can't be handled directly by the players (where would they put 10+ kids? And coding it would be a nightmare, as well as adding mechanics related to it). Maybe I can have more generic stuff affect the ending (like "you were a good/bad mother" and add some more to the visits while also making them more general, instead of referring to individual kids), but that's really the hardest part, since the rest will just be adding special scenes while you are pregnant at any location I can think of.