[RPG Maker VX Ace] Caliross 0.9.9 Feb/26/2024

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
March is here and the usual round of updates has arrived as well. Link to the new public version is on my patreon page:

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3591468

Let me know if you like the new content (remember a changelog is available on Patreon as well).

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
i was wondering,whats the point of the moon phase system?

The game will have a werewolf path (the beginning of it is in the game, but there is no follow-up or transformation yet). It's also going to be relevant in certain quests and rituals.

Dark67titan

Mar 26, 2016
The game will have a werewolf path (the beginning of it is in the game, but there is no follow-up or transformation yet). It's also going to be relevant in certain quests and rituals.
thought that was the case

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
thought that was the case

I figured having a TF people can't control would be fun, and limiting it to just a few nights per month should make it so players don't get annoyed by it. I'll have to think of some special mechanics, but I figure they will be something like hunting with the pack, fighting rival creatures, and something to establish a hieararchy inside the pack.

I will probably keep the sex and the transformation separated, though, as I don't have the confidence I'd be able to write something I like (I LOVE the mental changes, but the anthropomorphic stuff less so, maybe I could keep the transformation closer to humans more than animals, though, we'll see).

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
I figured having a TF people can't control would be fun, and limiting it to just a few nights per month should make it so players don't get annoyed by it. I'll have to think of some special mechanics, but I figure they will be something like hunting with the pack, fighting rival creatures, and something to establish a hieararchy inside the pack.

I will probably keep the sex and the transformation separated, though, as I don't have the confidence I'd be able to write something I like (I LOVE the mental changes, but the anthropomorphic stuff less so, maybe I could keep the transformation closer to humans more than animals, though, we'll see).

You could always outsource for writers in that particular area. There's a LOT of writers over at Furaffinty and also here who take commissions for writing even if it's a one time thing.

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
You could always outsource for writers in that particular area. There's a LOT of writers over at Furaffinty and also here who take commissions for writing even if it's a one time thing.

But I like writing my own scenes, it's one of the parts of the game I'd really like to keep to myself, if at all possible. :D I guess it's still worth thinking about it, though. Even if I plan mermaid TFs, tentacle monster encounters and so on, some people might like other stuff, but then again it's hard to make a game for absolutely everyone. Well, I guess once I get there, I'll reconsider my plans, and see if I want to change them. There are plans for a lot of situations already, so maybe I will get a chance to please everyone (I really need to speed up, so I can show some new scenes in the actual game).

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
But I like writing my own scenes, it's one of the parts of the game I'd really like to keep to myself, if at all possible. :D I guess it's still worth thinking about it, though. Even if I plan mermaid TFs, tentacle monster encounters and so on, some people might like other stuff, but then again it's hard to make a game for absolutely everyone. Well, I guess once I get there, I'll reconsider my plans, and see if I want to change them. There are plans for a lot of situations already, so maybe I will get a chance to please everyone (I really need to speed up, so I can show some new scenes in the actual game).

If you like writing the scenes then the other suggestion I'd give would be to read up on that kind of smut in order to get a general idea of what you can and should write for that kind of content. If you aren't confidant in your ability to write that kind if particular scene it's best to study other authors and how they write that kind of stuff and learn from it.

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
If you like writing the scenes then the other suggestion I'd give would be to read up on that kind of smut in order to get a general idea of what you can and should write for that kind of content. If you aren't confidant in your ability to write that kind if particular scene it's best to study other authors and how they write that kind of stuff and learn from it.

That's something I have done in the past, so if I decide to go down the anthro route, I could possibly learn a thing or two from other authors, but I must be able to enjoy it to make it good, and I generally prefer when the female stays human in certain scenarios (for example, I will likely write scenes with minotaurs in the future, but having the protagonist herself be in a furry state is definitely something I'd enjoy less). I can't put my finger on it as to why, since I can find myself pretty happy with several transformations (futa, demonic, mermaid, orcish/goblin), but I do have troubles with that one specifically if it involves the girl too (maybe I don't like hairy girls? :D).
Anyway, I don't want to bore anyone with details about my peculiar preferences, sorry for the long tangent. XD

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Usually the key with these sorts of transformations or forced content is that the game either needs to be completely focused around it, or the player has to explicitly say they want that thing to happen. The more you mix and match unavoidable fetishes, the more likely you are to run into something that the player doesn't like. It doesn't really matter what the content is and what you feel about it, everyone has their own set of preferences and dislikes. If you really want to make as many people as possible happy, you really have to make everything optional. If the player is going to be given a choice to say okay to something, they need to know every kink in advance either with a clear warning or some kind of telegraphing (this character is carrying something they're likely to use in a given sex scene or their personality matches up with something). Surprising your players is one of the worst things you can do in a sex game.

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
Usually the key with these sorts of transformations or forced content is that the game either needs to be completely focused around it, or the player has to explicitly say they want that thing to happen. The more you mix and match unavoidable fetishes, the more likely you are to run into something that the player doesn't like. It doesn't really matter what the content is and what you feel about it, everyone has their own set of preferences and dislikes. If you really want to make as many people as possible happy, you really have to make everything optional. If the player is going to be given a choice to say okay to something, they need to know every kink in advance either with a clear warning or some kind of telegraphing (this character is carrying something they're likely to use in a given sex scene or their personality matches up with something). Surprising your players is one of the worst things you can do in a sex game.

I think I usually give enough warning to players for most of the stuff (admittedly, though, not 100% of it). So far, though, there hasn't been much in the way of extreme content, so it shouldn't be alienating. Of course, you can't possibly avoid everyone's dislikes, as you said.

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
April's here (actually, it's almost gone by now...) so we have an update ready for everyone! Link to the public version can be found in my Patreon page:

Of course, if you want the latest version, you can always become a supporter! :^

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Just tried this game this morning. Holy crap, I have never seen a rpgm game with so much hypnosis/mind control content (this is good) let alone F/F mind control content. So far what I've played (have gotten Erica on the cow path @ the farm) has been pretty damn good.

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
Just tried this game this morning. Holy crap, I have never seen a rpgm game with so much hypnosis/mind control content (this is good) let alone F/F mind control content. So far what I've played (have gotten Erica on the cow path @ the farm) has been pretty damn good.

That's what I like, so writing it comes easier for me, but there is also a fair amount of F/M content (I might need more males in the "main NPCs" department, though). Glad you are enjoying it so far! :)

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
So...about the second Shapeshifter Temple...

Is there a walk through for the bells/sound puzzle for the hearing impaired? It took me a moment to realize I needed to hear to do this one LOL LAWL never mind I spent a few minutes banging out random sequences and seemed to have gotten it

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
So...about the second Shapeshifter Temple...

Is there a walk through for the bells/sound puzzle for the hearing impaired? It took me a moment to realize I needed to hear to do this one LOL LAWL never mind I spent a few minutes banging out random sequences and seemed to have gotten it

Well, glad it worked out anyway! XD

You can hear the "melody" if you interact with the sphere nearby. I wonder if I should make it more obvious, since there are always people who might have sound turned off, for example.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Is there any more temple content beyond the 'two needles'?
You really have something good going here. Keep up the good work! :)

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
Is there any more temple content beyond the 'two needles'?
You really have something good going here. Keep up the good work! :)

Right now that's where the temples end. I am focusing on expanding/completing some of the content, and I am working on a large portion of side content (involving becoming a noble), so it might be a while before we get a new temple (especially since I do need some systems in place before the next chapter).

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
are you working on your own because you this very good for a solo job

I do pay an artist for the CG, but I handle game design and coding myself (I do have a couple of regulars to help me with testing and to get some feedback).

RPG Maker has a lot of support from its community, so a lot of scripts I just had to find (and tweak some minor stuff when needed), and even a lot of the tilesets are free or pretty cheap. The engine itself is fairly easy to use, it's just a bit annoying with specific things (cutscenes and writing are a chore to do properly).

mluker

May 1, 2018
Is there a option to play as a male? Your game looks awesome so far.

If not , will you be adding gender selection later on?

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
Is there a option to play as a male? Your game looks awesome so far.

If not , will you be adding gender selection later on?

There is no option to play as a male at the moment, and it's unlikely we'll ever get one. The game has too many scenes which would need rewriting, and I didn't plan it with that option in mind, so it would be harder to make the option fit now. I do have plans to allow for the protagonist herself to magically turn into a man during certain quests, and maybe I could add some shorter stories with different protagonists to pick, but that's as far as it would go.

mluker

May 1, 2018
There is no option to play as a male at the moment, and it's unlikely we'll ever get one. The game has too many scenes which would need rewriting, and I didn't plan it with that option in mind, so it would be harder to make the option fit now. I do have plans to allow for the protagonist herself to magically turn into a man during certain quests, and maybe I could add some shorter stories with different protagonists to pick, but that's as far as it would go.

Ah well no need to go forward and shoehorn content in. I hope you'll give the choice in your next game whenever that might be.

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
Ah well no need to go forward and shoehorn content in. I hope you'll give the choice in your next game whenever that might be.

We'll see! It might be an interesting change of pace, all my games so far had female protagonists. XD

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
The may version is out, and like any other month, the public version gets updated too (links to the latest public version and the changelog are near the bottom, as always):

Have fun! ^_^

Mar 25, 2017
I had a couple of issues while playing during the tutorial:

First, after you read the sign to start the menu tutorial the initial text is displayed correctly but it seems to be locked in place while the rest of the text scrolls through behind the text box making it completely unreadable.
Example:2018-05-22.png

It does this for all of the menu tutorials.

Second, one of the other tutorials seemed to imply that I could use the mouse to control the game, but that doesn't seem to be working for me. Did I miss read that or is there something I'm doing wrong?

Third, is there a way to play in a bigger window? I can't seem to play in anything other than I think 600x400 (the screenshot is about the size of the window I have to play in).

(Playing on 0.75b if that matters.)

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
I had a couple of issues while playing during the tutorial:

First, after you read the sign to start the menu tutorial the initial text is displayed correctly but it seems to be locked in place while the rest of the text scrolls through behind the text box making it completely unreadable.
Example:View attachment 6943

It does this for all of the menu tutorials.

Second, one of the other tutorials seemed to imply that I could use the mouse to control the game, but that doesn't seem to be working for me. Did I miss read that or is there something I'm doing wrong?

Third, is there a way to play in a bigger window? I can't seem to play in anything other than I think 600x400 (the screenshot is about the size of the window I have to play in).

(Playing on 0.75b if that matters.)

Let's see:

the first one is fixed now, but it won't be part of the public version at least until next month. It's a conflict between two scripts, which I am currently trying to resolve. Right now I just disabled one of the two, but it's hardly an ideal solution;

I think the text for the tutorial should be fixed now as well. The game used to have a mouse system to "point" the spells, but I decided it would be better to have the current system for consistency, and to be usable on gamepad as well. I had forgotten to remove all mentions of it from the tutorial;

try the F5-F6 keys to resize the window to your liking (the resolution is always low, of course, but you can play fullscreen that way, if you prefer).

qwed

Sep 18, 2016
Hello everyone! I heard that the game has some magical creature that can reverse cow path to start. Where I can find it?