[RPG Maker VX Ace] Caliross 0.9.9 Feb/26/2024

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
Hello everyone! I have been working on my game for a while now, and recently I have been trying to get more people interested in it, so I figured I could make a thread here. Maybe some of you will remember me because of Tales of The Drunken Cowboy (which Fenoxo listed among his suggestions... Oh, actually it's still there! XD). Anyway, enough of my ramblings.

FIaYKSr.png

xeFTZdK.png

Caliross, The Shapeshifter's Legacy, is a fantasy-themed game, which will follow a young up-and-coming historian, as she takes her first steps outside her hometown and into the real world, to learn more about the elusive nature of her own kind, the shapeshifters. Will she become a member of the Mage guild, or of the Adventurer's guild? Will she find out more about her heritage, or will she be too busy working extra time in sleazy bars to make a living?

WlSLmkU.jpg

The game will feature several factions, each with their own goals and objectives. With your actions, you might willingly or unknowingly benefit this or that group, as the events unfold, but the open-world nature of the game will leave it up to you if you want to get more involved with the politics of the world, or if you want to just do your own thing.

Ro2e6CD.png

The plan is to release monthy updates and have the latest version be available only to donors, unlocking the previous version to the public after a month. If you like what you see, consider following me, and telling your friends about my game. This is mdqp, signing out.

Here is a link to the Patreon page (which always has a link to the latest public version, near the bottom):

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3591468

Here is a link to the changelog.

Link to my "unofficial" help page (plenty of spoilers).

Link to the walkthrough (please contribute anything you can think of to improve it).

Link to the H-scenes list (highly unfinished at the time of this writing, august 2020).

Do let me know what you think of it, and I hope you'll consider supporting me if you like what you see.

Note: this game requires you to have the RTP installed, here is the link:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/degica-downloads/RPGVXAce_RTP.zip

The current fetish list (as of December 2017) is as follow:

mind control, corruption, breast enlargement, TF (there is a cowgirl path, for example, although there I focus mainly on mental changes, rather than physical ones), lots of submissive stuff and some dominant content (very little right now, but I plan to expand it a little), some mythological creatures like a dryad, a mermaid, a vampire... There is also a dragon, but to get to do anything with him, you have to trigger its bad end, and get transformed into a dragon yourself. He is really hard to find, and has some cheat-like powers (allowing you to revert a path back to its start), so that's probably more of an easter egg, I guess. All scenes are either F/M or F/F. The list might grow in the future, of course.

Last edited:

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
Let's see: mind control, corruption, breast enlargement, TF (there is a cowgirl path, for example, although there I focus mainly on mental changes, rather than physical ones), lots of submissive stuff and some dominant content (very little right now, but I plan to expand it a little), some mythological creatures like a dryad, a mermaid, a vampire... There is also a dragon, but to get to do anything with him, you have to trigger its bad end, and get transformed into a dragon yourself. He is really hard to find, and has some cheat-like powers (allowing you to revert a path back to its start), so that's probably more of an easter egg, I guess. All scenes are either F/M or F/F.

I have several other plans (like F to M transformations, pregnancy, tentacle monsters, werewolf), but since they aren't in the game yet, I just mention them to let people know they are being considered. No vore, gore, scat or furry (even if implement the werewolves, sex would be "smooth", devoid of any fur), as I don't like those and wouldn't even know how to write them. Maybe I should modify the first post, to list the fetishes. XD

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I think it'd be the first time I come across a furless werewolf, so I hope you can pull it well.

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
I think it'd be the first time I come across a furless werewolf, so I hope you can pull it well.

Sorry, I guess I worded that one poorly. :D
I meant to say we would get them to have sex in human form, while driven by a mix of animal instinct and human rationality. The werewolves in my story turn into fully-fledged wolves under the full moon, and I am not into bestiality.

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
This month's update is out! The latest free version is now available on my Patreon page (the link is near the bottom, together with another link to the changelog).

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
January's update is out, but I was having troubles updating the thread, so I postponed it to the following day... And then I forgot. Sorry if anyone was looking forward to it and missed the update because of my forgetfulness. :eek:

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
Is there any other way to increase breast size?

Currently there are 2 ways (3, if you want to count being forced to use one of the previous 2 methods through hypnosis as another way): Getting on the cowgirl path or visiting the bazaar at night and pay ursula to modify your body (you can increase/decrease breasts/butt size for a fee). If you have the titty lover trait, you can't decrease your breast size, though.

Reactions: Spike razor

Spike razor

Jan 2, 2016
Currently there are 2 ways (3, if you want to count being forced to use one of the previous 2 methods through hypnosis as another way): Getting on the cowgirl path or visiting the bazaar at night and pay ursula to modify your body (you can increase/decrease breasts/butt size for a fee). If you have the titty lover trait, you can't decrease your breast size, though.
Ok thank you

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
ever think about making werewolf content?

There is a start for werewolf content, but so far it's just an intro (I do plan on expanding it eventually). Since I tend to like mental stuff, I am not sure if I would write sex scenes for it in wolf form, I'll probably focus more on how the wolf manifests itself when she is human, pack mentality, alpha/beta relationship and so on. We'll probably have some other monsters/mythological creatures, once I expand more outside of cities.

I think i ran into a bug, i can't give charles his book back

You have the book in the inventory, right? Could you tell me how you solved the quest?

Spike razor

Jan 2, 2016
There is a start for werewolf content, but so far it's just an intro (I do plan on expanding it eventually). Since I tend to like mental stuff, I am not sure if I would write sex scenes for it in wolf form, I'll probably focus more on how the wolf manifests itself when she is human, pack mentality, alpha/beta relationship and so on. We'll probably have some other monsters/mythological creatures, once I expand more outside of cities.

You have the book in the inventory, right? Could you tell me how you solved the quest?
Ok i used the ladder to get in the room and sat in the room for good 2 minutes then used the Detect magic spell did the dialog and refused the woman's offer.

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
Ok i used the ladder to get in the room and sat in the room for good 2 minutes then used the Detect magic spell did the dialog and refused the woman's offer.

I see. I tried this and had no problems. Did you talk to the innkeeper after retrieving the book, by any chance? Could you check the quest log for me, and see if there are any objectives marked as failed (red)? In theory, you should have 3 green objectives at this point.

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
Still having a issue

Back to the questions I asked you originally, then. Do you have 3 green objectives? A red one? Do you have the book in your inventory? What does Charles say when you try to give him the book?
You'll need to answer these, because as I said I didn't have any issues when I tried the quest myself, so I need more info.

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
I think breast and butt maximum size are more or less where I want them already (I could imagine something bigger for specific endings, but not for the general gameplay). There are plans to have futas in the game, and I could see some events with you ending up as one, although again, I imagine it would be more for certain scenarios rather than for general gameplay. Having futas is easy, but making the protagonist a futa in the normal gameplay would mean having a re-write ready for all sex scenes, which might be a tad too much, so I can imagine I would feature it in limited scenarios.

Spike razor

Jan 2, 2016
I think breast and butt maximum size are more or less where I want them already (I could imagine something bigger for specific endings, but not for the general gameplay). There are plans to have futas in the game, and I could see some events with you ending up as one, although again, I imagine it would be more for certain scenarios rather than for general gameplay. Having futas is easy, but making the protagonist a futa in the normal gameplay would mean having a re-write ready for all sex scenes, which might be a tad too much, so I can imagine I would feature it in limited scenarios.
That's true

mdqp

Nov 3, 2017
are there bad ends in this?

Yes and no. I am trying hard to allow players to continue playing even if they get brainwashed by one of the factions, but after that point they would continue as their slaves (which means some special quests and being forced to interfere in any quest which targets said faction). For example, the cowgirl path is currently the most developed. When you reach the end of the brainwashing, you are then asked to sincerely answer how best you could help the farm "grow". You can then say you'd be great as a breeder, or a milk producer or as a secret agent outside, to continue playing.
If you pick the first two, you get some scenes inside the barn you can repeat as much as you want, until you decide to trigger the "bad end", but if you pick the latter, you'll be released into the world once again, with specific differences: you get a machine to get milked even outside of the barn, you HAVE to pay the farm a fee everyday to show your support, you get some special equipment, some quests, you get to sabotage an investigation around the farm from an opposing faction, you get some special sex scenes with people at the farm (right now only one guy, I still need to add the finishing touches to the path), etc.

I generally will try to allow players to keep playing, if it can make sense or I can reasonably do so (for example, if/when I allow for a futanari ending where the player is turned into one, I'll probably have to make it a bad end, as I'd need to have alternative versions for almost all of the sex scenes (I will probably make an "extended ending" of sorts, where you can keep playing in a limited environment, so you don't feel completely shafted, pun intended), but becoming a slave to futas would be much easier to allow for continued gameplay. Some paths will be mutually exclusive (you can't be owned by everyone XD), but I also have an in-game mechanic to allow rollback of certain paths (there is a well-hidden magical creature in the game, which allows to revert paths up to 3 times, although it's still unfinished, and right now you can only really rollback the cowgirl path).

Sorry for the really long-winded explanation, I wanted to make sure I explained things as clearly as possible. XD