Rival's gender

Feren

Sep 28, 2015
I'm just starting with the main storyline for the first time and I was wondering: what are the differences between male and female rival? Which one has more (better?) content right now? And it's mostly for female Cpt. Steele, as that's my main focus.

Thanks for the help. :)

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
There's almost no difference (for now) other than pronouns and descriptive imagery. Will come into play later if and when sex scenes are added, of which for now we only have the "off-screen" bad end.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Jack has better spacial awareness and is better at math.

Jill will have the last laugh, though, since she's going to live longer.

Jill also feels pain less, which will help, all things considered.

Tenacious_Tiddy

Sep 24, 2015
Tennessee
Yeah, but she deals with lack of sleep worse than Jack, so it evens out.
Oh damn, lol why do I imagine her "abusing" Dane to cope with insomnia? (Not that I think he'd complain.)

Also as a side note... Does anyone else feel like they have to make a new character  after *chooses a number that sound accurate* like 5 updates? Or is it just me? I keep the first character i made, just for the ammont of effort and work put into her, but ill go back a play through just beacuse.... I dunno, pineapples?

DiscipleOfDeath

Aug 29, 2015
Also as a side note... Does anyone else feel like they have to make a new character  after *chooses a number that sound accurate* like 5 updates? Or is it just me? I keep the first character i made, just for the ammont of effort and work put into her, but ill go back a play through just beacuse.... I dunno, pineapples?
Nope, I hate when I have to make a new character

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
the De-bug armor killed my very-first TiTS save so I had to start over once, I tried making a Merc version of my character but I barely use that save.

I pretty much hate starting over. 

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I keeping around save of my chara after I made it so each few updates I loading it. Which techincaly is close to remaking it anew. Yeah I not kept saves of first versions due to many things (changing laptops/accidentlay wipe out browsers history/cookies, etc.)

On subject: I got not Lethicia-idea why we got to pick gender for rival ^^ Currently it have like zero importance but I hope in future it will be meaningful if it's Jill or Jack we racing with.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheHiddenOne

Sep 14, 2015
Well, I keep restarting every few weeks, somehow the beginnings are fun and I keep making decisions I regret later (aka a day later).

Luckily the game is quick enough to allow that, other games stay unfinished because of my tendency to abondon character concepts and make new ones  =_=

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
I usually make a new save every few months. But with the many changes happening to the stat system, i've been thinking otherwise.

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015
This is a world where everyone is bisexual. The only character who is picky is Lieve I think. 

I said at least, as in those are situations that I remember. They also presume the pc is attracted to females(straight dude or lesbian).

Tenacious_Tiddy

Sep 24, 2015
Tennessee
Well, I keep restarting every few weeks, somehow the beginnings are fun and I keep making decisions I regret later (aka a day later).

Luckily the game is quick enough to allow that, other games stay unfinished because of my tendency to abondon character concepts and make new ones  =_=

I usually make a new save every few months. But with the many changes happening to the stat system, i've been thinking otherwise.

lol   *breathes a sigh of relief*  well at least I'm not the only one. Was a bit worried there for  a second.

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
Jack has better spacial awareness and is better at math.

Jill will have the last laugh, though, since she's going to live longer.

Statistically, Jack also has slightly better reflexes, and Jill has more endurance and recovers energy quicker.

Tenacious_Tiddy

Sep 24, 2015
Tennessee
I especially have to agree with TheHiddenOne, something about the beginning is fun for me as well, plus if i really wanted to I would keep all my saves; however there just simply isn't enoughs saves for that. Plus I play on my Galaxy S5, if i used every save slot, im sure somewhere along the way my finger would slip and I'd end up pissed cause a file I've worked particularly hard on would be lost to a new game save. That being said i only use every other save slot to minimize my chances of my big thumbs screwing up my saves. Lol