Restarting Firefox browser can erase your COCII progress.

TRA

Jul 23, 2018
Hi there,

This is something that I think happened to [my saved, COC2 game].

This can happen to you if you have

1) Firefox as your browser,

and

2) [if the computer you use is like the one I'm borrowing, which has]-

only a Windows XP operating system...that was written around 2002.

Maybe just having Firefox can cause this problem.

Anyway- my Firefox browser was running kind of slowly, so I tried to improve its performance, by using- (Firefox's) "Restart with Add-ons disabled" function.

After I used this, "Restart with Add-ons disabled" function-

I looked at my Fenoxo [saved games], and saw that my COC2 game was now gone. [ The computer, or whatever device has the main COC2 game on it, was saving my game on that computer].

I thought that my using the Firefox "restart" function might erase my Fenoxo games' files, but I did the restart function anyway. That was my mistake. whichever.

I just thought I'd point out this problem, because the [Firefox restart] has erased my COC2 files, but it did not erase my files in the- [original] Corruption of Champions [R] game.

I just wanted to tell people about that.

Cheers,

TRA

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
Seems like whatever you did erased local storage. We have no power over this as it is controlled by the browser. It's not a bug, you just have to be careful with local storage saves as clearing browser history and a multitude of other things can erase it. This includes running tools such as CC cleaner and other "optimizers". If you have saves you care about, the only way to make sure they aren't lost is to periodically save them to file.

Reactions: Xanfaus

TRA

Jul 23, 2018
Seems like whatever you did erased local storage. We have no power over this as it is controlled by the browser. It's not a bug, you just have to be careful with local storage saves as clearing browser history and a multitude of other things can erase it. This includes running tools such as CC cleaner and other "optimizers". If you have saves you care about, the only way to make sure they aren't lost is to periodically save them to file.

Sure thing. :)

Thanks for your reply,

Cheers,

TRA

Reactions: Xanfaus