Resolve woes

Xeth

Jan 30, 2021
So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but everything does /way/ too much resolve damage. Like some turns I take almost the whole bar making some fights impossible unless rngsus gives me perfect turns. I never remember it being this bad when I played a long time ago and seems like it's really unbalanced now. Am I just missing something? There's no focus gear for sale except an amulet which is super expensive. I started with the trait to reduce resolve loss (which doesn't seem to do anything). I have the best gear I can get from the blacksmith and a good shield from the witch. Almost every fight in the forest is resolve heavy and there is no way to recover it efficiently enough (as cait loves to just let me die despite being a healer) meaning I have to rest after almost every fight. I went the warrior route which seems like some fights are just downright impossible if there isn't rest in-between and I don't have the option to spend points in willpower (but can in everything else). The physical damage I have covered and can survive just fine, but resolve is just kinda ruining things for me. What am I missing here?

Xeth

Jan 30, 2021
An update to add to this: I think there might be something bugged with focus. I found enough gear to give me 44 focus which according to the wiki gives 44% resolve damage resistance and mitigate this problem to some degree. This should near halve resolve damage right? Well it doesn't. Before I'd take about 30 damage to resolve per hit and now it's down to 25. Not sure how 44% equates to less than 20%. What's happened to this game since I played last? :(

Malpha

Feb 22, 2016
You should keep in mind that the wiki might be out of date, since stats have been reworked before.

Aelana

Apr 16, 2020
Level/class/enemy that is wrecking your shit?

There is a bunny that will wreck your shit, and it is intended.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I found enough gear to give me 44 focus which according to the wiki gives 44% resolve damage resistance

The way damage reductions work was changed; they now offer significantly less protection per point. 100 DR equates to about 50% reduced damage now. Fixing it in the Codex is on Balak's plate; the wiki is as the wiki does.

Ireyon

May 14, 2018
Level/class/enemy that is wrecking your shit?

There is a bunny that will wreck your shit, and it is intended.

Luckily I'm at a point in game where she's merely a total annoyance rather than an immediate TPK. (Honestly whoever designed her needs to be hit in a way that isn't kinky.)