Resident Evil 3 Remake Confirmed

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
Here the offical reveal trailer for PS4 but will also be out for Xbox 1 and PC.

A Random Guy

Sep 13, 2015
Looks interesting. Gotta say, it was pretty smart of Capcom to include that online thing with it, there was no way in hell it would do good on its own.

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
Resident Evil 3 in a nutshell:

EDIT: Added a somewhat related bonus.

Last edited:

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
Might as well post this, its the reveal trailer for the Necrosis

EDIT: Found a trailer for the Project Resistance multiplayer mode if you care about that sort of thing.

Last edited:

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Maaaaaybe leave a few things as a surprise for players.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
The guy playing that demo was so baaaad.

But also unnnnffff. Jill getting cut off repeatedly by Nemmy bitchslapping her was great.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
I know, Nemesis Power Slide and using the momentum to throw a tentacle attack?
Oh hell yes. But also fuck no.

From what I gather, the defensive items from the RE1 and RE2 remakes have been removed, but now Jill has a stronger knife. And with bullets being more scarce, I think they want more melee. Or at least more slicing dead zombies.

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
Maaaaaybe leave a few things as a surprise for players.

No one's forcing you to hit the play button.

Also it looks like defensive items are still in the game because if you go back to about 8:20, Jill pulls out a grenade briefly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paradox01

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
Found another one. ((WARNING: She sucks at this game.))

Last edited:

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
Gamespot has a review roundup ready. Most people are complaining that the game is too short, about 5 hours, and that they somehow cut alot stuff out from the original. Despite all this it got mostly positive scores.

Last edited:

Klaptrap

Aug 27, 2015
Been playing the Resistance open beta for a few hours now.

It's not bad, but I don't see it taking off in a big way. It'll probably be plagued by complaints of long matchmaking times and unbalanced groups.

Which is a shame because I have kind of a soft spot for these kind of asymmetrical games.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Most Resident Evil games are only about 5-6 hours anyway, the only games that tend to be longer are Code Veronica, along with RE5 and RE6. Hell, the challenge of most RE games is to complete it in under a certain time in order to unlock certain weapons.

Now, that being said.....ITS FUCKING AWESOME. Loving it! And some of the changes really do make so much sense. Just a great game

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
Well... it was fun while it lasted but i wouldn't recommend buying it now and just wait for a sale.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Yeah, RE3make was definitely too short -- my clear time the first go through was ~exactly 4 hours. It felt more like an RE2 DLC than a proper game on its own... but what was there was great, no doubt about it. The lack of any sort of branching path/B-route is a real knock against it, though, since once you've beaten it there's really no reason to ever play it again. RE2make is definitely a way better value for the money. :/

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
I can't stand the fact that way too many awesome-looking video games have only 3-4 hours of Campaign play time yet have a bazillion DLC packages for multi-player. Or worse yet, the developers turn a long-awaited RPG sequel into a fucking MMO (lookin' at you, KotOR3!!).

If I wanted to interact with other people, I wouldn't be playing a goddamn video game.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
I think people have looked at the original Resident Evil 3 through rose coloured glasses and forgotten that it was a game made at the figurative last minute. (Incidentally, for those who want to know, the original idea for the game expanded and expanded until it surpassed the PSX's hardware, necessitating it to move to the PS2. Where it would become Devil May Cry.)

But the original Resident Evil 3 was a mess of games being developed and cancelled, especially as at the time, Capcom was planning 3 major releases on the consoles at the time; Resident Evil 0 on the N64, Code Veronica on the Dreamcast and a Biohazard 3 for the PS2 (which was cancelled because it would take too long develop and the game they were then working on was cancelled). Nemesis ended up being a game that was thrown together while work was being done on Code Veronica. How thrown together was it? Well, Jill Valentine was only used in Nemesis because she was originally going to be the protagonist for CV, except the writers were forced to use Claire because of a line from RE2. Though this ended up allowing the PSX team to use Jill for Nemesis.

Nemesis was tacked together, hence why it used a lot of the assets from RE2 and why it was modelled on Japanese cities rather than American ones.

But back to the original point, its hard to build upon a game that was so short in itself without making something else entirely. Could the remake have done things differently or kept some things in? Yeah, of course. As much as I hated Gravedigger in the original, I kinda wish we got to see what they could have done with the current era of technology. Though I suspect we'll see it in some story dlc featuring Tyrell or perhaps even Mikhail before he was injured.

I'll be discussing the remake in more depth in an upcoming podcast I do with a couple of friends, about various Resident Evil games.

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
Bunch of news of rumors on a RE4 remake and the latest sequel Resident Evil 8.