[Ren'py] [VN] Devilish Business [v0.71] [Bawdy Baron]

BawdyBaron

Sep 29, 2018
Patreon-Banner.png
Hello everyone!

I'm BawdyBaron and I'm the developer of a Visual Novel called Devilish Business.

In Devilish Business you play as a recent high-school graduate with big plans for the summer, but a chance encounter with a mysterious stranger will change your life forever.

The game currently contains over 230,000 words of dialogue with 65 endings that you can achieve based on the choices you make throughout the game. It's light on artwork and polish at the moment, but heavy on story.

Gameplay
You have 60 days of summer to navigate, interacting with a number of characters, in various situations. Your choices will raise or lower your influence over the various characters and will impact the ending you receive when summer ends.

Fetishes
  • Dating sim
  • Male protagonist
  • Milf
  • Lesbian
  • Big tits
  • Mind control (optional)
  • BDSM (optional)
  • Group sex
  • Corruption (optional)
  • and more!
Screenshots
142239_2.png 142240_3.png 142241_4.png 142242_11.pngScreenshot 2021-09-10 204106.pngScreenshot 2021-09-10 204341.pngScreenshot 2021-09-10 204441.pngScreenshot 2021-09-10 204735.pngScreenshot 2021-09-10 204811.png

Download

The latest version (for PC, Mac, and Android) is available for free from my Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/BawdyBaron

Last edited:
Reactions: Strawberry

Jash

Oct 8, 2015
I just have to share my biggest first impression: the juxtaposition of anime girl spites with real world backgrounds is really, REALLY jarring.

Reactions: Incuboss

wibble

Sep 13, 2017
It reminds me of Lab Rats in plenty of ways, which is mostly a good thing. I find the writing to be above average, although I can't yet see where the character development will go beyond "they like you more, now." A game to watch, despite being bare-bones; it has hook and an introduction, but in my opinion these games shine by the gradual way the characters change and develop, and that requires plenty of small, repeatable actions so that the development can be seen. Basically:

Very promising, but the genre of the game means that far more content is needed before I would recommend it.

That said, It's also a good example of what something should look like at this point: It's playable, with the mechanics demonstrably working, as well as the story premise and character introductions sorted. Essentially the ability to code, write and draw are all there, let's hope the creators get to complete it.

BawdyBaron

Sep 29, 2018
Update: Devilish Business v0.49b

V0.49b has arrived! This update includes a bunch of new content for Candace (mom)!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/update-devilish-22302640

Patch notes:

• Added about 35,000 words of content for Candace.
  • Added a number of new backgrounds.
  • Streamlined a lot of the ending scenes code.
  • Removed all code for images not currently present in the game.
  • Allowed "rollback" in some places where it was previously disabled.
  • Made the player go back to the club after completing work for Nick.
  • Adjusted various values for better balance.
I'm pretty happy with this update. I still have some work to do on the endings to take the new content into account, but it works pretty well.

Players likely wont see the streamlining of the endings, but I have made it a lot easier for me to edit and work around.

I had originally put in code for images that I had planned but that didn't exist yet as a way of showing what the future held, but it was just causing confusion so that has been removed.

I've also made a few basic changes that should improve realism and make it more entertaining.

As for the future: I currently expect v0.50b to contain the first true lewd images! No ETA on that yet, but look forward to it!

If you like the game and want to see more progress consider supporting me on Patreon or sending me a one-time donation at https://www.buymeacoffee.com/bawdybaron. Every bit helps!

BawdyBaron

Sep 29, 2018
A lot of the new content for Candace isn't available "out of the box" so to speak, but someone has created a patch and posted it on the f95zone forums and I'm sure it will spread from there.

Jash

Oct 8, 2015
A lot of the new content for Candace isn't available "out of the box" so to speak, but someone has created a patch and posted it on the f95zone forums and I'm sure it will spread from there.
If you want to perpetuate a decensor patch to undo Patreon's meddling, this would be a pretty good place to start: https://lewdpatcher.com/

BawdyBaron

Sep 29, 2018
Update: Devilish Business v0.50b

My Christmas present to you: Devilish Business v0.50b

https://www.patreon.com/posts/update-devilish-23461052

This update includes a bunch of new content for Cassandra and a bit of new (lewd) art for Ashley!

Patch notes:

• Added about 15,000 words of content for Cassandra.
  • Added some new art for one of Ashley's lewd scenes.
  • Added an indicator that the Lewd Patch is active.
  • Filled in some of the endings with existing art.
  • Fixed some awkward wording and minor bugs (thanks HeavyEavy!)
It's late - as usual - but I think I've added some good content.

Cassandra ended up being a lot sluttier than I initially envisioned, but I don't think anyone is going to complain about that!

And I hope you all enjoy the added art for Ashley (hint: treat her to a nice lunch). It's not much, but it's something.

The next update should primarily include some Candace+Cassandra content, so look forward to that.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Also, for those of you who can't/won't use Patreon, you can now make a one-time contribution with BuyMeACoffee:

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/bawdybaron

Last edited:

BawdyBaron

Sep 29, 2018
Here comes version 0.51b!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/update-devilish-24379630

This update adds nude art for Candace and Cassandra as well as a number of sexy new scenes.

Patch notes:
  • Added nudes for Candace and Cassandra.
  • Added a Cassandra + Jessica threesome scene.
  • Added a Cassandra + Candace threesome scene.
  • Added a Cassandra/Candace + Ashley threesome scene.
  • Added a new scene with Candace.
  • Enabled more nudes in the ending scenes.
  • Changed the day you learn Corruption to day 20.
  • Changed the requirements for getting Candace and Cassandra to join you in the end.
  • Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented Candace and/or Cassandra from joining you in the end.
  • Fixed a bug that happened when buying costumes (thanks firetemplar415).
As promised, this update is heavy on Candace and Cassandra content. Not coincidentally, Nick will no longer say "Future Content" sometimes when you ask him for gossip and rumors; he has a few more interesting things to say now. Make sure you talk to him.

I enabled the girls' nudes in a lot of the ending scenes. They may not always match up with the text descriptions, but they're good enough for now.

As I mentioned in my last progress update on my Patreon, I changed the day that you can learn Corruption from day 30 to day 20. I think this will speed up some elements while giving players a little bit of breathing room to make mistakes and explore story-lines. There's definitely enough content that you can miss things even if you're trying for a specific outcome.

Like the other girls, Candace and Cassandra now have requirements beyond high influence before they will join you in the end. Be careful you don't miss their character development scenes, and make sure you treat them nicely.

Have fun, and thanks for all your support!

If you like the game and want to see more progress consider supporting me on Patreon or sending me a one-time donation at https://www.buymeacoffee.com/bawdybaron. Every bit helps!

Strawberry

Feb 1, 2017
Super wish I could give you something else other than my time. I'm too poor!

Keep up the good work!

BawdyBaron

Sep 29, 2018
Version 0.52b is complete!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/update-devilish-25120207

Art, gameplay-improvements, and bug-fixes galore in this update.

Patch notes:
  • Added underwear art for Candace and Cassandra.
  • Added a new scene with Candace before your date with Ashley.
  • Added the ability to skip straight to the end (thanks rewyb).
  • Added dialogue for further lunches with Jessica and Cassandra.
  • Changed the day you can learn Corruption to day 19 as day 20 is a Saturday (thanks Isel). You still need more than 50 influence with him though.
  • Added some GUI elements for the Android version that makes choices more visible.
  • Removed some of the RNG factor from Nick's rumors (thanks Darthjake).
  • Improved RNG factor for various other scenes.
  • Increased chance of doing Devilish Business for Nick.
  • Increased the influence gain with Nick to better keep up with the girls.
  • Fixed a bug that made Jessica text you every night.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented progress with Candace (thanks ShocLite12)
Candace and Cassandra now have underwear! That is to say, they can now take off their clothes! Thank you to all my patrons for your contributions; this is all thanks to you!

I also added code to make certain random events more likely to happen the longer they go without happening. It shouldn't be super obvious but you're a lot less likely to have a playthrough with a lot of missed scenes. Similarly, Nick's rumors will not repeat so much.

I hope you enjoy the update; thanks again to all my supporters!

wibble

Sep 13, 2017
It's coming along really well! It can be a little obtuse at times (there aren't enough hints as to what to try next to trigger new events) but there is plenty of content in there. Keep up the good work and I recommend people check it out if you like slow corruption / influence gain games.

Two minor suggestions, both are ideas from Lab Rats:
- The title screen in Lab Rats shows the progress you have made with each character (in any run through.) It's a small touch, but it encourages replaying.
- I would love to see options for pregnancy in the epilogue
(As always with suggestions: It's your game, make the game you want.)

BawdyBaron

Sep 29, 2018
It's coming along really well! It can be a little obtuse at times (there aren't enough hints as to what to try next to trigger new events) but there is plenty of content in there. Keep up the good work and I recommend people check it out if you like slow corruption / influence gain games.

Two minor suggestions, both are ideas from Lab Rats:
- The title screen in Lab Rats shows the progress you have made with each character (in any run through.) It's a small touch, but it encourages replaying.
- I would love to see options for pregnancy in the epilogue
(As always with suggestions: It's your game, make the game you want.)

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you enjoy it!

I like the title screen idea, I'll definitely look into doing that.

As for pregnancy options, I'm absolutely open to it but it'll probably have to wait a while; there's precious little art in the game as it is. Definitely on the "future options" list though.

BawdyBaron

Sep 29, 2018
A slightly longer wait than usual, but v0.53b is here!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/update-devilish-26060486

Patch Notes:
  • Added a new scene with Ashley that includes the purchasable SciFi costume.
  • Added a new scene with Emma that includes the purchasable cheerleader costume.
  • Added a Candace+Cassandra scene when you take them out for supper. Includes the purchasable toys.
  • Added a scene with Candace that may occur before your first date with Emma.
  • Added a new Main Menu screen that shows the progress you've made with each character. (thanks wibble)
  • Added some hints that will help you navigate Candace's story without a walkthrough.
  • Made gaining influence with Emma a little easier.
  • Modified Emma's dinner date to be more nuanced on subsequent playthroughs.
  • Fixed a bug that messed up single-girl, non-devilish endings. (thanks milaKonnichiwa )
  • Fixed a bug during the winery tour that made Jessica talk about lewd stuff that didn't happen. (thanks The_Krypt_Angel )
  • Fixed a bug in Ashley's scene that takes place in your room at night (thanks Karakes )
  • Fixed a bug that occurs when doing paperwork for Jessica, while also having plans to go out for lunch with Ashley or Cassandra.
  • Fixed a bug that could occur during your movie date with Ashley.
RL problems - including a major hardware failure on my computer - delayed this update, but I think I made some good progress. The scenes involving the purchasable toys and costumes (Go to your room > Spend some time on your computer > Surf the internet > Shop online) have finally been added. I know a lot of you have been asking for them.

Quite a few people have expressed how difficult getting Emma to join you in the end is, so I've made a few modifications. It should be a little easier now.

Other than that, I've spent some time on polish and bug fixes. Thanks everyone for the bug reports and suggestions!

And thanks again to all my Patrons! There'd be nothing without your support. I hope to have more art in the next update, so look forward to that!

BawdyBaron

Sep 29, 2018
I think this has been the longest time ever between updates, but v0.55 is finally here!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/update-devilish-28904033

Patch Notes:
  • New art! Added two new sprites for Candace. Take her out to a nice dinner (with or without Cassandra) or on a weekend getaway to see it.
  • Added images of Cassandra in a few places they were missing.
  • Added a button in the "Preferences" menu to reset persistent progress (to change the main menu screen back as if it was your first playthrough).
  • Added some signposts for Cassandra's path (thanks Madcap).
  • Corrected some spelling errors.
  • Fixed a bug that could trigger the winery event at the wrong time.
  • Fixed a bug with the pricing of the toys (thanks Jared).
Finally some new art! I think you guys are really going to like this new stuff: two completely new sprites for Candace, including her first sex scene (not just nude). Your "first time" with Candace is particularly good with the new art but you'll also be able to see it when you take her out for supper and during certain scenes during the weekend getaway.

Other than the art, it's this update is mainly minor changes.

Thank you to all my Patrons for making this all possible! Without your monthly contributions there could be zero new art, so this is all thanks to you. Keep it coming and one day we'll have all the scenes you guys have been clamoring for (and more!)

If you like the game and want to see more progress consider supporting me on Patreon. Every bit helps!

BawdyBaron

Sep 29, 2018
Update: Devilish Business v0.56

Easy Mode and more with v0.56!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/29958581

Patch Notes:
  • Added Easy Mode! (Thanks to otraos for the suggestion.)
  • Added a whole new scene for Cassandra.
  • Added a system that changes some endings, depending on your success with various girls. (Thanks lordfridge9.)
  • Added some new minor ending scenes that make some endings clearer and sexier.
  • Added some minor sound effects.
  • Added and modified some content to make it more clear early on that PC is male.
  • Modified the flirting system. (Thanks Demiare)
  • Rewrote some of Ashley's dialogue.
  • Rewrote some of Cassandra's dialogue.
  • Fixed a bug in Nick's rumors. (Thanks Demiare)
Some interesting features in this update! The first is Easy Mode. Playing on Easy Mode will allow you to keep playing as long as you want; the game will not automatically end after 60 days. Easy Mode is available when starting a new game. When you're ready to get to the ending, just click on "Just enjoy the rest of your summer" when at home.

I added a new scene for Cassandra that is accessible after "the party". I hope you like it!

Thanks to some great suggestions on the F95Zone forums, I've added a system for the game to give you a different ending with some girls if you sought after them specifically. Generally getting all of them at the end is a "win", but now there are some "winning" endings with a smaller harem.

I've also added a few sound effects for things like text messages and phone calls. They should highlight when something different it happening.

Flirting scenes should now progress more logically.

Other than that, mostly bug fixes and minor quality improvements.

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions. Without those Devilish Business would be a lot poorer.

If you like the game and want to see more progress consider supporting me on Patreon. Every bit helps!

BawdyBaron

Sep 29, 2018
Update: Devilish Business v0.57

V0.57 brings more art!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/update-devilish-32214094

Patch Notes:
  • Added a new lewd art for Cassandra.
  • Replaced all of Cassandra's images to fix a graphical issue.
  • Fixed a bug in Cassandra's story that sometimes caused problems with progress. (Thanks byran47)
  • Fixed an bug that relocates the MC at an awkward moment. (Thanks The Krypt Angel)
New art! Cassandra has just had a significant upgrade with her new art showing up in most of her lewd scenes. Enjoy!

Thank you all so much for your support! New art is 100% thanks to all of my Patreon supporters.

If you like the game and want to see more progress consider supporting me on Patreon, if you aren't already. Every bit helps!

BawdyBaron

Sep 29, 2018
Update: Devilish Business v0.58

Jessica art, as requested!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/37006182

Patch Notes:
  • Added new lewd art for Jessica.
  • Fixed a bug that caused issues with Ashley's lunch dates. (Thanks Dave3518).
  • Fixed a bug causing an infinite loop if you talked to Nick about the resort while already having invited Candace. (Thanks kingko).
  • Minor bug/content fixes.
Art for Jessica's BDSM scene has been added!

Thank you all for your support, without which there would be no new art.

If you like the game and want to see more progress consider supporting me on Patreon, if you aren't already. Every bit helps!

BawdyBaron

Sep 29, 2018
Update: Devilish Business v0.59

Emma art has arrived!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/39410989

Patch Notes:
  • Added new lewd art for Emma.
  • Added a new sound effect during the waterpark scene.
  • Fixed a bug that referred to a non-existent image for Jessica.
  • Fixed a bug that affected some endings. (Thanks Dcpaint)
Emma now has a proper lewd scene! The main theme of the update is the waterpark scene, but her art is applicable a few other places in the game, so look out for that!

BawdyBaron

Sep 29, 2018
Update: Devilish Business v0.60

New art for Candace!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/43691215

Patch Notes:
  • Added new art for Candace.
  • Made it clear that "Easy Mode" has no end date. (Thanks molitar).
  • Fixed various minor bugs and mistakes.
As per Patron votes, Candace has some new art! This update includes a new outfit for her (her bikini for her beach scenes) as well as two new poses for existing lewd scenes.

BawdyBaron

Sep 29, 2018
Update: Devilish Business v0.61

Replay gallery and bug fixes!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/44646433

Patch Notes:
  • Added a replay gallery, allowing you to replay many of the lewd scenes (once you've unlocked them).
  • Fixed an issue which could cause you to miss the path to romancing Candace. (Thanks dokodesuka.)
  • Fixed an issue that locked you into only experiencing Candace and Cassandra's FFM scene. (Thanks Frank01.)
I hope you enjoy the new replay feature! You can currently replay most of the girls' lewd scenes once you've played the most risqué version of them. The replays do not currently extend to the endings, but if enough people want that, I could add it at a later date.

BawdyBaron

Sep 29, 2018
Update: Devilish Business v0.62

New Jessica art!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/48460241

Patch Notes:
  • Added new art for Jessica.
  • Fixed an issue that could reset progress with Candace. (Thanks Shit Bunway.)
  • Fixed an issue that affected a date with Emma. (Thanks death705.)
As per Patron votes, your day at the office with Jessica just got a lot hotter! This update adds art for two of Jessica's "Extra Jobs".

BawdyBaron

Sep 29, 2018
Update: Devilish Business v0.63

New Cassandra art!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/53054674

Patch Notes:
  • Added new art for Cassandra.
  • Added new, optional, "painted" backgrounds.
  • Fixed an issue with Emma's restaurant date which could lock out the ability to have the Emma/Emily threesome. Thanks nierudan.
  • Fixed an issue that might have prevented scenes with Candace and Cassandra.
  • Fixed an error that stopped a background from showing up in some gallery replays.
  • Fixed some grammar/spelling errors.
Cassandra has some new, lewd art!

Also, I've added some new stylized backgrounds to replace the photo backgrounds. Just swap the existing background images in the /images/ folder with the ones in the /images/painted backgrounds/ folder.

Thanks for all your comments, bug reports, and general support!

If you like the game, and want to see more progress, consider supporting me on Patreon. Every bit helps!

santa3

Aug 21, 2021
I like your work, however am unable to support you due to my own constraints. I am unable to trigger Mom and Sis characters. their influence is at 110 and 91. have taken out for dinner on fri sat sun, introduced to Jessica, but not happening. some hints please. i have restarted 4 times

Reactions: BawdyBaron

To&Fro

Apr 14, 2020
I like your work, however am unable to support you due to my own constraints. I am unable to trigger Mom and Sis characters. their influence is at 110 and 91. have taken out for dinner on fri sat sun, introduced to Jessica, but not happening. some hints please. i have restarted 4 times
You need the patch to access the additional content. See the post from Jash: https://forum.fenoxo.com/threads/renpy-vn-devilish-business-v0-63-bawdy-baron.15304/post-266235 which references the location.

santa3

Aug 21, 2021
thank you for the guidance. one more question, will the patch work with existing saves or will i need to start again ?

To&Fro

Apr 14, 2020
thank you for the guidance. one more question, will the patch work with existing saves or will i need to start again ?
Yes, it should work with existing saves. The patch 'undoes' the content restriction the creator must put on the game in order to conform with Patreon's rules. It's kind of like building a car that can do mind bending speeds on the roads but it is given a governor by the makers to the slowest speed of the slowest road in the world so they don't break that one road speed rule. If you remove that governor from the car, it's back to mind-bending speeds. The patch removes that governor... more or less.

santa3

Aug 21, 2021
Tried but didnt happen. so restarted and got the trigger for Candance, but how to trigger cassandra ?

To&Fro

Apr 14, 2020
Tried but didnt happen. so restarted and got the trigger for Candance, but how to trigger cassandra ?
Well, that would be 'another' question... ;) All of the triggers are dependent on choices in these games. Sometimes you only get one shot at them, other times you can try again... also, don't assume that the triggers happen at the same levels for each interaction. I'm not BB, so I'll let him decide on what to let out of the bag. I'm just giving 'generic' advice for these kinds of games. I do know that it is possible to even get into several types of multiple partner events in this game, as well as 'lock out' possible futures with certain decisions.