[Ren'py/Python] 'Monster Girl Dreams' Alpha v25.9b (BFRPG)

jskil5

May 17, 2016
-Fetishes can now effect event outcomes
-Losing fights now has penaltys, and I don't mean the sex! Beware!
care to elaborate just curious as to what you've done also hi your games has had my attention for while now ;)

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
-Fetishes can now effect event outcomes
-Losing fights now has penaltys, and I don't mean the sex! Beware!
care to elaborate just curious as to what you've done also hi your games has had my attention for while now ;)

Losing fights will also lower your resistances based on the enemy, and in some cases so will events.

and depending on the fetishes you picked can effect event outcomes, such as in the intro text will change if you have a breasts or ass fetish.
The only other place this is used right now is the inn event with oral fetish, but that only causes you to lose in the worst case scenario. Which will also increase that fetish. Same scene can also give you an oral fetish if you trigger it intentionally.

I'll most likely be adding a way to buy off the penalties.

A-Grubby

Apr 2, 2017
Gotta say this game is really starting to shape up! This update in particular was really fun for me, I'm enjoying the slime a lot.

It's really cool to see you keep plugging away and adding new stuff every so often! Keep up the good work and I'll be eager to see whats next!

EcchiChi

Mar 23, 2017
Loving the game so far, cant wait for more. Some questions I had, are there any areas besides the forest so far and is there any actual content with the npc characters yet?

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
Loving the game so far, cant wait for more. Some questions I had, are there any areas besides the forest so far and is there any actual content with the npc characters yet?

I'm glad you enjoy it so far!
Currently only the forest is available and the npcs still have very, very minimal content.

gordo.shota

Oct 12, 2017
Well done Threshold.
One thing, in alpha v5 x Windows when i stumble into the pink rune, this automatically triggers the elf threesome "bad end" scene.
It can be fun, but in the end it tends to be quite exausting... :p

The Silver Bard

Sep 2, 2015
I like a lot of things about this design so far. It would probably be a good idea to invest in commissioning some art of the enemies. It's a significant up-front cost, but you'll probably see an increase in Patreon income to make up for it.

Also, be aware that having permanent penalties for defeat is going to encourage most players to save-scum. If you want to have an interesting system for handling defeat, making effects temporary or partially beneficial is much more likely to get players to accept them.

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
Well done Threshold.
One thing, in alpha v5 x Windows when i stumble into the pink rune, this automatically triggers the elf threesome "bad end" scene.
It can be fun, but in the end it tends to be quite exausting... :p

This has been fixed for the v6 release, I'm sad it was in v5 but oh well.

I like a lot of things about this design so far. It would probably be a good idea to invest in commissioning some art of the enemies. It's a significant up-front cost, but you'll probably see an increase in Patreon income to make up for it.

Also, be aware that having permanent penalties for defeat is going to encourage most players to save-scum. If you want to have an interesting system for handling defeat, making effects temporary or partially beneficial is much more likely to get players to accept them.

Main thing with starting art commissions now is I don't actually know who I would contact, or really how, as well as a few other factors.
Technically I could make some stand in art myself, but then it would be less time spent towards the games mechanics and content. Which still needs a lot of work.
I should probably at least look into it though.

The penalties can be bought off at the church, but I'm still unsure if the stat penalty feature overall will stick around or not. At least in its current incarnation.

Also it's still weird to me when a dev of a game I've enjoyed comments on the game.

MotoKuchoma

Nov 3, 2015

If there's a way to remove these penalties reasonably, they might not be too bad.

The Silver Bard

Sep 2, 2015
T
Main thing with starting art commissions now is I don't actually know who I would contact, or really how, as well as a few other factors.
Technically I could make some stand in art myself, but then it would be less time spent towards the games mechanics and content. Which still needs a lot of work.
I should probably at least look into it though.

The penalties can be bought off at the church, but I'm still unsure if the stat penalty feature overall will stick around or not. At least in its current incarnation.

Also it's still weird to me when a dev of a game I've enjoyed comments on the game.

It's still weird to me when other devs have heard of me. I'm not particularly well known. I'm glad you're a fan though.

http://forums.hentai-foundry.com/
https://forum.deviantart.com/jobs/offers/

I've had good luck finding artists on both of these. Be aware that prices vary dramatically between artists. If you want to be thrifty, it can be worth taking some time to search around.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
I do like the idea of maybe getting a perk to go along with the penalty. Say a kissing penalty actually gives you a slight lust resistance before you're kissed at least once in combat.

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
It's still weird to me when other devs have heard of me. I'm not particularly well known. I'm glad you're a fan though.

http://forums.hentai-foundry.com/
https://forum.deviantart.com/jobs/offers/

I've had good luck finding artists on both of these. Be aware that prices vary dramatically between artists. If you want to be thrifty, it can be worth taking some time to search around.

Thank you for the help! I'll definitely have to look into these.

Interesting game. Like what I see so far. Any way to see what the various status effects do?

Not currently. But I should really add that in.

per penalty or in total? In total would be fine, gives some incentive to try and keep on with lowered resistances

Resistances and fetishes are done separate but the one price removes all penalties from the respective thing.

I do like the idea of maybe getting a perk to go along with the penalty. Say a kissing penalty actually gives you a slight lust resistance before you're kissed at least once in combat.

Perks are definitely something I want to add in eventually, either as an add on to penalties to make them more interesting mechanically, or just flat out buffs. eg. A monster could have a perk that buffs them if they consume semen.

gordo.shota

Oct 12, 2017
Nice update, we have a quest and a "boss" added.
I think the "stance" mechanic that unlock super strong enemy attacks is nice: it requires you to predict what is more dangerous if you want to win.

gordo.shota

Oct 12, 2017
in v6 blowjob seems to be not exclusive anymore, e.g. 2 elves can both start the blowjob stance. it's expected?

Silas Crowley

Jan 27, 2016
I played this a while ago and I have a casual review, which includes some feedback for the developer but also just my general reception of MGD.

The premise of the game is pretty good; you're a guy in debt, inside of a world where you can adventure for the means to pay-off that debt. This is an excellent device to make just about any plot viable. Partake in a tribal war as a mercenary? Yeah, you need the cash. Raid the necromancer's tomb to put an end to his terror- as well as to take his treasure for yourself? Go for it! Granted the game has a deliberately comical and smutty atmosphere that makes either example implausible, but you get the idea: ANY adventure is plausible with the story, and basically this affords MGD the ability to do anything it wants. I think this gives the game enormous potential; other games, which are too heavily set in lore or setting, often do not enjoy this freedom. I'll point the finger at TiTs which often butts heads on its own lore and is strictly sci-fi.

The game's system of adventure is also fantastic. Before going out on the 'Adventure' command, you are presented with 'cards' for your questing 'deck'. There are many types: traps, monsters and objectives as well as an entire miscellaneous tab for whatever doesn't catch under those. Even with so few options as there are in the alpha adventuring becomes fun and the element of random chance will keep you rolling your deck to see what you can get. It's simple, but fun, exciting and maybe a little bit genius, to Threshold's credit.

However, the game is wired to completely rely on these possibilities. It quickly becomes boring once you exhaust your existing cards... and so that means that what MGD needs more than anything- anything at all- is more adventure cards. I could see MGD succeeding as a game with no art whatsoever, because the writing is good and the mechanics themselves are very robust. But: because you do not have art, and because of the nature of a text game, I cannot stress enough that this game needs a LOT more cards.

But that said, this game has huge potential for what it's good at. I'll abstain from giving a real review just because it's at such an early stage of release.

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
in v6 blowjob seems to be not exclusive anymore, e.g. 2 elves can both start the blowjob stance. it's expected?

Yes this is intentional, v7 will give the elves a combo move for when they do this.

The premise of the game is pretty good; you're a guy in debt, inside of a world where you can adventure for the means to pay-off that debt. This is an excellent device to make just about any plot viable. Partake in a tribal war as a mercenary? Yeah, you need the cash. Raid the necromancer's tomb to put an end to his terror- as well as to take his treasure for yourself? Go for it! Granted the game has a deliberately comical and smutty atmosphere that makes either example implausible, but you get the idea: ANY adventure is plausible with the story, and basically this affords MGD the ability to do anything it wants. I think this gives the game enormous potential; other games, which are too heavily set in lore or setting, often do not enjoy this freedom. I'll point the finger at TiTs which often butts heads on its own lore and is strictly sci-fi.

In time there will be more lore/setting information as the main story progresses(or gets rolling for that matter.), but even then it will probably still be about as open as it is now.

However, the game is wired to completely rely on these possibilities. It quickly becomes boring once you exhaust your existing cards... and so that means that what MGD needs more than anything- anything at all- is more adventure cards. I could see MGD succeeding as a game with no art whatsoever, because the writing is good and the mechanics themselves are very robust. But: because you do not have art, and because of the nature of a text game, I cannot stress enough that this game needs a LOT more cards.

It most definitely needs more content, be it monsters, events, quests or more npc interactions at the town. Even some of the existing events need to be expanded on still once I've gotten further on in the back end mechanics. Like the Inn and lizard girl.

There will also be some more structured content in the game at some point such as locations/dungeons. These will probably be the last tab on the menu and I'm unsure currently if I'm going to call it Adventures or Locations.

I'm glad you like the game and hope you look forward to future updates!

Nnxx

Feb 3, 2017
Game looks promising, I'm kinda forcing myself not to download it just to have the joy to have a lot to discover when I'll first launch it, keep up the good job anyway :catte:

I'll wait till v10

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
v7 is now out!

Windows: Download
Mac: Download
Linux: Download

Game looks promising, I'm kinda forcing myself not to download it just to have the joy to have a lot to discover when I'll first launch it, keep up the good job anyway :catte:

I'll wait till v10

Not a terrible mentality. I hope you look forward to v10 then.

lifelesswarrior

May 9, 2016
Sweet update! One thing i noticed though was when i looked at Nicci's skills she has a bunch of titfucking skills. When i fight her though she only uses handjob or the vine bind move then breast smother sex. Anyway to get her to use the other skills?

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
Sweet update! One thing i noticed though was when i looked at Nicci's skills she has a bunch of titfucking skills. When i fight her though she only uses handjob or the vine bind move then breast smother sex. Anyway to get her to use the other skills?
Provided you stay out of the restraints and don't remove aphrodisiacs she will eventually charm you then can either start tit fucking you or starts sex.

I'm also unsure if she is too easy or difficult currently to be honest.

gordo.shota

Oct 12, 2017
Provided you stay out of the restraints and don't remove aphrodisiacs she will eventually charm you then can either start tit fucking you or starts sex.

I'm also unsure if she is too easy or difficult currently to be honest.

Nicci currently misses the Titfuck skill that unlock the Titfuck stance.

edit the file MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v7-pc\renpy\monsters\Forest\Nicci.json
and add the "Titfuck" skill in the "skillList" field.
"skillList": ["Titfuck", "Hand Job", "Sweet Pheromones", "Intoxicating Pheromones", "Nicci's Sweet Invitation", "Nicci's Sweet Love", "Nectar Grind", "Nicci's Enticing Invitation", "Nectar Titfuck", "Forced Nectar Feeding", "Vine Restrain", "Intoxicating Embrace", "Pheromone Puff Puff"],

Now she'll destroy you :)

Another point: if you defeat Perpetua, you lose the possibility to engage Nicci's quest.