[Ren'py/Python] 'Monster Girl Dreams' Alpha v25.9b (BFRPG)

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
v11 is now out! Sorry for the double post.
Check the change log for details in the first post and for downloads.

gordo.shota

Oct 12, 2017
Got It!
Question, since you have a nice traceback dumped when crashes occurs, where do you like to have it posted?
attached one of mine.

Attachments

• alarune_analstance.txt
    25.6 KB · Views: 7

The Silver Bard

Sep 2, 2015
Looks like you have a bunch of == instead of = in enemySkillChoiceLoop. It's currently causing a crash whenever the AI attempts to struggle.

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
Got It!
Question, since you have a nice traceback dumped when crashes occurs, where do you like to have it posted?
attached one of mine.
Looks like you have a bunch of == instead of = in enemySkillChoiceLoop. It's currently causing a crash whenever the AI attempts to struggle.

Indeed I did, should have a patch out friday by the latest fixing that, and other things.

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
Double post cause v11.1 is out with bug fixing and other things. Check them in the first post.

Also there is now a singular character art.

Screenshot%2B2018-02-23%2B17.21.33.png

Galanoir

Oct 2, 2017
Been scanning the folders mentioned in the Modding Guide for the initial character creation so I could try to change the number of starting points you get for some shinnanigans. I'm guessing they aren't in those folders so could I get a bone for where it is?

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
thats amazing ! So if we send you character art and its good you will add in game?

Well I'm more so commissioning art on around a monthly basis from Jiffic.

Nothing's stopping people from modding in more art though.

Though i'm not sure if you meant you make art or if you meant find art.

Been scanning the folders mentioned in the Modding Guide for the initial character creation so I could try to change the number of starting points you get for some shinnanigans. I'm guessing they aren't in those folders so could I get a bone for where it is?

Character starting stuff is actually hard coded so you would need to crack open some of that to change the starting points.
game/gamecode/characterCore/Player.rpy

Or you could make an enemy with an obscenely high exp value and add them to forest zone.

Senan

Nov 10, 2017
I haven't looked into it but I think you can?
You would need to look into how to edit ren'py saves.

or do you mean updating saves to a new game version?

Sorry for the extremely late response, I was wondering if it was possible to modify renpy saves that's all, to change values and such.

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
v12 is now out! New area! Check the change-log for more details.

Sorry for the extremely late response, I was wondering if it was possible to modify renpy saves that's all, to change values and such.

I'm pretty sure there is, I think there are save editors for ren'py, don't know if their trust worthy or actually work.
And I think their's also console commands, but that would probably take knowing ren'py better.

Depending on what you want to change, you can alternatively go into the modible game files and change some things in there, like making a monster give out absurd exp.

lightningshifter

Aug 27, 2015
I discovered that if you tried to save in the dungeon it will apparently bug up right before the boss chamber if you have to load the save. It sends you back to town upon loading and you can't retake the adventure into the forest dungeon at that point.

gordo.shota

Oct 12, 2017
Nice! v12 is out.
Downloaded and tried a little.
Nice artwork for Nicci and Perpetua.
I know, it is just an eye candy, but i could be nice to have special artworks for specific monster stances

Afier

Sep 4, 2015
So I've booted the game up, and essentially right after hitting "New Game" I have some major bugbears. The intro dialog feels super sparse because it's several single lines of text, when the screen space allocated to the game could have easily condensed it down to two or three "pages" of text. Secondly, character creation starts you in debt, and that is just bad design. If it's that imperative that players much choose a weakness, then start the player with one step increased sensitivity on all body parts and then give the player 6 points, since that's mathematically the same thing as the current stats and the -2, but is much more intuitive.

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
I discovered that if you tried to save in the dungeon it will apparently bug up right before the boss chamber if you have to load the save. It sends you back to town upon loading and you can't retake the adventure into the forest dungeon at that point.

Was that loading a save from an older version or an older version?
Either way that is a concern. But it will help narrow down what's causing the issue.

Nice! v12 is out.
Downloaded and tried a little.
Nice artwork for Nicci and Perpetua.
I know, it is just an eye candy, but i could be nice to have special artworks for specific monster stances

Someday I would like to have art for some stances/skills for at least boss enemies. Someday.

So I've booted the game up, and essentially right after hitting "New Game" I have some major bugbears. The intro dialog feels super sparse because it's several single lines of text, when the screen space allocated to the game could have easily condensed it down to two or three "pages" of text. Secondly, character creation starts you in debt, and that is just bad design. If it's that imperative that players much choose a weakness, then start the player with one step increased sensitivity on all body parts and then give the player 6 points, since that's mathematically the same thing as the current stats and the -2, but is much more intuitive.

That's not too shocking for the screen space for the intro, it was written and spaced before I increased the size of the text box. I'm currently unsure if I will keeping the current text box size or shrinking it back down and adding a way to break up the text in combat lines.

I will definitely change the bit for the starting sensitivity so it makes more sense, and flows better with the rest of the character creation.

I am curious about your options on the debt being bad design.

Juicyjuice

Mar 3, 2016
Sorry for the double post, but it seems like telling the Manticore 'one more time' when she feeds on you is bugged. It sometimes acts as if you've chosen to leave instead. I've even automatically left without a choice a few times.

CleansingFire

Aug 27, 2015
Version 0.12 has issues on Linux. It crashes on clicking "Start New Game" and complains that it can't find a file when trying to load the skill database. Apparently at least one file is listed in skillList.json with a name starting with a capital letter, while the actual filename in the package begins in lower case ("SpidersWeb.json" in the file vs "spidersWeb.json" on disk). As Linux file operations are case-sensitive, this is a problem.

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
Sorry for the double post, but it seems like telling the Manticore 'one more time' when she feeds on you is bugged. It sometimes acts as if you've chosen to leave instead. I've even automatically left without a choice a few times.

I will look into and fix it!

Version 0.12 has issues on Linux. It crashes on clicking "Start New Game" and complains that it can't find a file when trying to load the skill database. Apparently at least one file is listed in skillList.json with a name starting with a capital letter, while the actual filename in the package begins in lower case ("SpidersWeb.json" in the file vs "spidersWeb.json" on disk). As Linux file operations are case-sensitive, this is a problem.

Oops, that is a problem and will be fixed in the next update, which should be out this weekend.

crimsiden

Jul 4, 2016
fun update, new fights pretty much make my *op* buid obsolete lol. Due to the magic resistance and such :( but still very fun fights

crimsiden

Jul 4, 2016
biggest issues i ran into which im sure you know about is like the new monsters dont react to alot of the stances.

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
v13 is out fixing a bunch of issues, and rehauling balance stuff. check the changelog in the first post for details.
Also I broke all prior saves.

biggest issues i ran into which im sure you know about is like the new monsters dont react to alot of the stances.

Do you mean skills?
Cause I know I've been missing some of those, I need to write a list of all the player skills so I stop missing skills.

crimsiden

Jul 4, 2016
ya thats prolly the right word for it . Like example with the ninja girl I will start making out and she will just basically be immoblized for the whole fight. says something like " she doesnt know what to do "

lightningshifter

Aug 27, 2015
Was that loading a save from an older version or an older version?
Either way that is a concern. But it will help narrow down what's causing the issue.

Someday I would like to have art for some stances/skills for at least boss enemies. Someday.

That's not too shocking for the screen space for the intro, it was written and spaced before I increased the size of the text box. I'm currently unsure if I will keeping the current text box size or shrinking it back down and adding a way to break up the text in combat lines.

I will definitely change the bit for the starting sensitivity so it makes more sense, and flows better with the rest of the character creation.

I am curious about your options on the debt being bad design.

It was from the latest version at that time which was V12. I'll have to see what V13 fixed first before I can tell. Although I'm sure that save was borked by the bug already. Just go into the dungeon and save right before the boss chamber and try to load the game. It does it in V12 and when you get booted back to town upon loading the save you can no longer choose that adventure path to reenter the dungeon. Then again if you fixed it already in V13 that would be perfect. I'll try a new game sometime later and see if it does the same thing to me. Although this time I'm also leaving a slot saved right before I enter the dungeon. What I had done was create three saves at different stages in the dungeon in case I discovered I messed up and wanted to try it slightly differently from an earlier point in the dungeon. The only reason I said to go right before the boss room to save is that I don't know if it was something that happened during the dungeon crawling that requires you to save beyond a certain point before the bug triggers. So to replicate what I did you have to make sure to have one righ before you would go through the dialogue to enter the boss chamber at the end of the dungeon.

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
Edit: v13.1 is out to fix a few issues.

ya thats prolly the right word for it . Like example with the ninja girl I will start making out and she will just basically be immoblized for the whole fight. says something like " she doesnt know what to do "

This is because she has no skill to use in the make out stance. But she IS supposed to try and get out of that stance. I'll have to check the enemy AI to see if they need a boost to the chance of trying to escape.

It was from the latest version at that time which was V12. I'll have to see what V13 fixed first before I can tell. Although I'm sure that save was borked by the bug already. Just go into the dungeon and save right before the boss chamber and try to load the game. It does it in V12 and when you get booted back to town upon loading the save you can no longer choose that adventure path to reenter the dungeon. Then again if you fixed it already in V13 that would be perfect. I'll try a new game sometime later and see if it does the same thing to me. Although this time I'm also leaving a slot saved right before I enter the dungeon. What I had done was create three saves at different stages in the dungeon in case I discovered I messed up and wanted to try it slightly differently from an earlier point in the dungeon. The only reason I said to go right before the boss room to save is that I don't know if it was something that happened during the dungeon crawling that requires you to save beyond a certain point before the bug triggers. So to replicate what I did you have to make sure to have one righ before you would go through the dialogue to enter the boss chamber at the end of the dungeon.

Well the change I did will make it so if you get booted to town, it won't actually block off the dungeon.
But the actually bloop to town issue is probably floating around. So I'll definitely take a look for it again, as I wasn't able to recreate it when trying to. I think you saved right after beating Ancilla then?

Last edited:

gordo.shota

Oct 12, 2017
tried v13.
Nice work on 12 and 13 versions.
I liked Mountain plot a lot, also enemies are pretty cool.
Nara is really great!
The change about anal/sex unification make sense and avoids easy win agaist enemies without specific skills.
Owerver i think that requires to fill the onPlayerOrgasm Anal field for almost all the enemies.
e.g: cute Nara default onPlayerOrgasm decribes a dance finisher, not so fitting when she ride you.
ah... one thing, i think you have a typo on Nara onPlaywerOrgasm "Makeing Out" move instead of "Making Out"

About balancing: i found that distract , and maybe also teleport probably, skills should not be an auto success: it make them really OP in my view.

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
Edit: v13.2 out to fix some issues.

tried v13.
Nice work on 12 and 13 versions.
I liked Mountain plot a lot, also enemies are pretty cool.
Nara is really great!
The change about anal/sex unification make sense and avoids easy win agaist enemies without specific skills.
Owerver i think that requires to fill the onPlayerOrgasm Anal field for almost all the enemies.
e.g: cute Nara default onPlayerOrgasm decribes a dance finisher, not so fitting when she ride you.
ah... one thing, i think you have a typo on Nara onPlaywerOrgasm "Makeing Out" move instead of "Making Out"

About balancing: i found that distract , and maybe also teleport probably, skills should not be an auto success: it make them really OP in my view.

Yeah I plan to go and fix up the missing anal content.
Though I did forget that the orgasm scenes would do that if there wasn't one specifically for it.
Oops.

So I'll definitely add those in next version.

Distract I might add a fail chance to.
But teleport will probably stay about the same. But may have an increase in learning requirements or a higher mana cost. But over all I think it's ok.

Last edited:

lightningshifter

Aug 27, 2015
Now fixed in v13.2a

I'm super sad I missed a single indent and it caused this.

Oh I forgot to mention a loading bug that pops up if you try to load the game during combat. It will take you to the nectar delivery scene and set you at baseline lvl 4. Its almost like it has a hardcoded savestate in there that gets recalled. What you do is load a second time after it does that to load properly. This doesn't happen except when you try to load in the normal questing outside of the dungeon during one of the combat sessions.

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
Oh I forgot to mention a loading bug that pops up if you try to load the game during combat. It will take you to the nectar delivery scene and set you at baseline lvl 4. Its almost like it has a hardcoded savestate in there that gets recalled. What you do is load a second time after it does that to load properly. This doesn't happen except when you try to load in the normal questing outside of the dungeon during one of the combat sessions.

That's a very odd issue you're having. I'm not completely sure what's causing that as I'm unable to recreate it on my end.

Given the other loading issue you had I'm starting to think this might be a weird Ren'py or OS specific issue. That or I'm messing up somehow on loading in combat.
Are you running it on PC, Mac or linux?

It might be loading the Ren'py auto saves in this case, just don't know what would cause it to do that if you're trying to load normally.

Edit: I've updated my renpy, this was in the patch notes for it 'An issue where a save or auto-save could rarely cause data corruption in the non-saved game has been fixed.'
So it is possible this issue may get fixed in the next version I release.

Last edited: