[Ren'py/Python] 'Monster Girl Dreams' Alpha v25.9b (BFRPG)

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
Nicci currently misses the Titfuck skill that unlock the Titfuck stance.

edit the file MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v7-pc\renpy\monsters\Forest\Nicci.json
and add the "Titfuck" skill in the "skillList" field.
"skillList": ["Titfuck", "Hand Job", "Sweet Pheromones", "Intoxicating Pheromones", "Nicci's Sweet Invitation", "Nicci's Sweet Love", "Nectar Grind", "Nicci's Enticing Invitation", "Nectar Titfuck", "Forced Nectar Feeding", "Vine Restrain", "Intoxicating Embrace", "Pheromone Puff Puff"],

Now she'll destroy you :)

Well "Nicci's Enticing Invitation" is how she is currently supposed to start that stance, then use nectar titfuck, so giving her that option makes her very scary indee-

Another point: if you defeat Perpetua, you lose the possibility to engage Nicci's quest.

Wait the what now.
*takes a moment to check
Ah balls. Welp, add that to the list of things to fix.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Small suggestion, if you lose an action because it's no longer valid, maybe don't take away the energy points you spent on it? Combat is annoying enough with stuns and having to waste turns breaking grapples all the time.

Also, the status screen doesn't seem to tell you about intensified fetishes, just if you have one or not.

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
Small suggestion, if you lose an action because it's no longer valid, maybe don't take away the energy points you spent on it? Combat is annoying enough with stuns and having to waste turns breaking grapples all the time.

Also, the status screen doesn't seem to tell you about intensified fetishes, just if you have one or not.

That's a very good point on the ep thing, will be implementing that in v8.

Same with the fetish clarity. I meant to switch that screen to display fetish levels but forgot to. So it will also be for v8.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
One other random thought with quests and cards, while the player can freely decide what they want to face in generic adventures, quests could have certain limits and requirements on them. For example, maybe the nectar quest has a mandatory set of 4 monster encounters (2 must be alrunes) and 2 events (which might also include one fixed themed one). That could also be a good way for the player to unlock new cards as they progress through the game. Maybe new quests unlock when you've unlocked certain/enough cards?

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
An action point system/ being able to do multiple things per round would be much appreciated. It wouldn't necessarily make things easier cause each individual NPC could still get as many actions as the player per round. The nice thing is that with a system like that stunning & restraints don't have to be all or nothing. Instead of completely losing your turn instead it could just do stuff like increase the cost of taking certain actions. Or reduce the total amount of action points you have each round.

Cause yeah nothing is worse than being rendered completely unable to act.

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
One other random thought with quests and cards, while the player can freely decide what they want to face in generic adventures, quests could have certain limits and requirements on them. For example, maybe the nectar quest has a mandatory set of 4 monster encounters (2 must be alrunes) and 2 events (which might also include one fixed themed one). That could also be a good way for the player to unlock new cards as they progress through the game. Maybe new quests unlock when you've unlocked certain/enough cards?

This is kind of the planned Idea for adventures/locations, which will be the 4th tab that currently says unavailable. Where it's going to be pre-structured decks.

But you're suggesting more limitations than completely pre-made. Which would take longer to set up, but I have been considering setting limitations on quests as well, or at least the option to.
If I do that it would be after the adventure tab is done and the first dungeon is done. Unless I have some other major thing to work on after those.

An action point system/ being able to do multiple things per round would be much appreciated. It wouldn't necessarily make things easier cause each individual NPC could still get as many actions as the player per round. The nice thing is that with a system like that stunning & restraints don't have to be all or nothing. Instead of completely losing your turn instead it could just do stuff like increase the cost of taking certain actions. Or reduce the total amount of action points you have each round.

Cause yeah nothing is worse than being rendered completely unable to act.

I understand your pain.
Some other people have also brought up the idea of an AP system, or multi turn. To balance out restrains/stunning effects, or just even the odds when fighting multiple enemies.
I'm unsure when or if it will happen, or the actual implementation of the system would be. But it is something I am considering doing in the future when I go to re-balance combat.

I am also considering allowing the use of items while restrained and removing the stun effect on orgasm.
And allowing the player to struggle in restraints even if charmed, just reduce the amount of damage it does to the restraints.

wa1t

Jun 10, 2016
Love the game so far, especially all the charms and addictions, would love to see more of that!

jskil5

May 17, 2016
run into a few dozen new bugs (new t this version unless they've already been reported) lemme know if you want specifics and ill write the whole list of em

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
Is a modding interface planned?

It's definitely something I've thought about making, but it's not something I can say for sure will happen due to the time it would require to create.

Would definitely not be on the soon list if I do make one.

gordo.shota

Oct 12, 2017
Nice update. However I think something with Nicci's skill is missplaced (i noticed we have some unused skill files) since she's using quite only Sensitize spell, that actually is not in her skill list :confused:

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
Nice update. However I think something with Nicci's skill is missplaced (i noticed we have some unused skill files) since she's using quite only Sensitize spell, that actually is not in her skill list :confused:

You are correct, I'll be making a small update to address this and another bug on Friday.
And any other bugs that pop up before then.

generalr

Aug 14, 2016
Just found this game today, and I'm really enjoying it! I beat both quests in the forests and futzed around with some elves and slimes, great time all around! I can't wait to see what else you can come up with here. I know it's a lot of writing, but this is a really great game! Good work overall! What's the main ideas for your next update?

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
Just found this game today, and I'm really enjoying it! I beat both quests in the forests and futzed around with some elves and slimes, great time all around! I can't wait to see what else you can come up with here. I know it's a lot of writing, but this is a really great game! Good work overall! What's the main ideas for your next update?

Next update will contain the first dungeon and a new status effect.
As well as bug fixing and other assorted changes.

MotoKuchoma

Nov 3, 2015
I would like to know when you have all core mechanics implemented. I wanna start modding something over the holidays if possible :3

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
so how long till the nxt version ?

Friday 22nd at the latest. Unless all my plans go awry.

I would like to know when you have all core mechanics implemented. I wanna start modding something over the holidays if possible :3

v9 will be making a small break in existing monster and item files, that is easily fixed, if you already started.
It also will bring adventures! and a new status effect.

v10 Will most likely break modded skills unless you change the wording of some of the commands cause I know for sure I'm going to change some stuff for clarity reasons. It's been bugging me for a while xD
Whenever a patch breaks mods i'm going to try and outline how to update the mods, unlike with save files where if they break, they just break.

More status effects will be added as the game progresses.
and event utilities will be basically be added as I need them.

Perks and a slight rehaul of how fetishes are, will be coming up some where in v10-v12 probably, unno specifically when but those will be done.
The perks wont be very moddible due to requiring hard coding and I don't know how many there will be when I get around to adding them.
Perks are already on the monster pages so adding them wont actually break anything. I'll try to keep an up to date list in the game files of all perk names and their effects when they get added.

The rehaul to how fetishes are shouldn't break any mod files, but will almost certainly break saves.
The point of the fetish rehaul is to allow more fetishes to be added to the game by modders, or me, and to also count addictions under fetishes as they will both function relatively the same but just have a different name.

...I kinda went on a tanget and don't know if that actually answered your question.
Really with v9 all the core mechanics will be there. Because adventures, after that everything will just be building on existing mechanics.

MotoKuchoma

Nov 3, 2015
I'll wait for v9 then. I wanna have a good overview of what I can work with before making anything. Got a couple questions for you tho:

1. I'm not quite sure what you mean with perks, what are those?
2. Are custom status effects a thing?
3. How many monsters/events/quests are available per region?
4. Is there a way to add variance to a monster type? Like, if you add a Slime monster, she could be a red, blue or green slime each with a unique attack etc.

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
I'll wait for v9 then. I wanna have a good overview of what I can work with before making anything. Got a couple questions for you tho:

1. I'm not quite sure what you mean with perks, what are those?
2. Are custom status effects a thing?
3. How many monsters/events/quests are available per region?
4. Is there a way to add variance to a monster type? Like, if you add a Slime monster, she could be a red, blue or green slime each with a unique attack etc.

1. Perks don't exist yet, but as an example, if an enemy has say, the 'semen eater' perk, when the player cums in them, they get healed or a stat bonus.

2. No they are not, as they can be complicated, but I have some tweak-able aspects to them inside of skills. Like duration. What kind of status effect were you thinking of adding?

3. Currently not a whole lot, as the only available region/location is the forest.
Unless you mean a cap on the number that you can add in which case as many as you want.

4. Kinda? Each enemy, needs it's own 'sheet' as it were. So if you wanted a blue and red slime to be nearly identical you would need to copy the one you finished and edit it as a new monster.
So it's possible to do so.

MotoKuchoma

Nov 3, 2015
I made an RPG once with a slime girl whose finishing move had an extra effect when the player was slimed. I wanna do stuff that interacts with status.

And with the different kind of monsters, would they all spawn from the same selection? Like, I want the player to say they want to, to stick to the example, encounter Slime Girls, but they dont know ahead which of them they encounter

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
I made an RPG once with a slime girl whose finishing move had an extra effect when the player was slimed. I wanna do stuff that interacts with status.

And with the different kind of monsters, would they all spawn from the same selection? Like, I want the player to say they want to, to stick to the example, encounter Slime Girls, but they dont know ahead which of them they encounter

Currently the closest I have to that is moves that can only be used while the player has a certain status effects or stances.
But more complex interactions is something I would like to add in.

Currently if you put generic enemies into a location they are individually selected by the player, I had been thinking about adding the option to have what you said.
But you can technically have the same effect right now if you put them in an event and it randomly picks which enemy. Not quite the same though as the random encounters just working.

MotoKuchoma

Nov 3, 2015
I can only agree. Once I've looked through the content in the game, I'll have a lot of fun doing my own area for the game.

MotoKuchoma

Nov 3, 2015
Experienced it too, also

I think the maid fight is extremely annoying. She does very low damage but is very very hard to take down so the entire fight is a slog that can be decided on getting unlucky with a couple dice rolls. I don't know about how much you care about balance right now but a build focused on Willpower is horribly inferior to a Technique build. In fact, due to Technique giving you dodge and very cheap attack moves (which are in no way weaker than those of the other attributes), its by far the best stat.

EDIT: Also, stances work quite confusingly, in fact even the game has this issue as if you use penetrate while Mika uses Tailjob, she will stop acting completely giving you a free win.

Last edited: