[Ren'py/Python] 'Monster Girl Dreams' Alpha v25.9b (BFRPG)

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
v17.3 bug fix update for the mentioned issues with events continuing after combat.

I've tried the game and I have to say it's pretty great. Another fine addition to my collection.
Also Jora best girl. Will there be more of her?

Jora is probably the most complete character in regards to content, but there are still things I'd like to add to her, like content involving Piri, as well as having her meet some of the other potential lovers of the player, Kyra for sure.

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
:toot: Happy Fen Forum Birthday!!! :toot:

Wanideretz

Apr 1, 2017
You have a very promising game. I love the high detailed descriptions and the amount of variation.
I would suggest adding more combo attacks (Facesitting -> Footjob) and the level of monsters should rise with the location. For now a Lyzard Girl on Mountain is just a joke. Alternatively add sronger versions like a Lyzard Warrior with some extra attacks.

Can you describe how the mod loader works?
Using ModLoader.exe corrupts the game in 17.3. For clarification I mean downloading the game and start ModLoader.exe. Sure this is a stupid move but I'm curious what it does.
I can mod just fine by creating files inside your game folders. But that's the ugly way and I think you expect to use ModList-files plus the ModLoader.
You are also working on the modding documentation. I highly suggest to add a few examples for the file structure. I needed hours to notice that I have to write everything I created to the list files and wondered why a modded Lyzard Girl started performing elfen blowjobs...

Keep the good work.

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
You have a very promising game. I love the high detailed descriptions and the amount of variation.
I would suggest adding more combo attacks (Facesitting -> Footjob) and the level of monsters should rise with the location. For now a Lyzard Girl on Mountain is just a joke. Alternatively add sronger versions like a Lyzard Warrior with some extra attacks.

Can you describe how the mod loader works?
Using ModLoader.exe corrupts the game in 17.3. For clarification I mean downloading the game and start ModLoader.exe. Sure this is a stupid move but I'm curious what it does.
I can mod just fine by creating files inside your game folders. But that's the ugly way and I think you expect to use ModList-files plus the ModLoader.
You are also working on the modding documentation. I highly suggest to add a few examples for the file structure. I needed hours to notice that I have to write everything I created to the list files and wondered why a modded Lyzard Girl started performing elfen blowjobs...

Keep the good work.

I'm glad you like the game!
Some stronger variants might not be a bad idea. XD

Renpy deleted the folders for the mod loader in v17.3 when I build the distribution, when the next ver comes out that will be fixed.

But if you want to get it working beforehand, you just need to make a folder called ModLoader.
Then a folder called mods and a folder called lists in the ModLoader folder.

Capitalization should be exact to what I typed for the folder names, and then the mod loader will work correctly, and not break the game.

The guide might need a bit of a revision on how to add mod files to the game...
But once the folders/modloader are there and working it makes it a lot easier.

Reactions: Mirthal

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
Any time estimate on the next update?
I don't mean to rush, you should just take your time on it so no mistake pop up.
I'm just asking since something came up and I won't be able to get online for a couple months at most.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
I don't mean to rush, you should just take your time on it so no mistake pop up.
I'm just asking since something came up and I won't be able to get online for a couple months at most.
Should be tomorrow, if all goes to plan

DevilBone

Mar 5, 2017
Hey threshold, question about the grand opinion multi poll you had at the beginning of the month: how exactly is it going to affect the game content? I ask because I was in favor of more dominant and/or romantic scenes, but last I saw the majority of people wanted more submissive scenes. Personally I don't think that makes much sense since our characters power literally comes from being sexually dominant, especually if said scenes involve characters that we've repeatedly defeated in "combat". Still, will of the many and all that. I just want to know if it's like most scenes will be submissive in the future or if the ratio of scenes remains unchanged, but the submissive ones will be worked on first. Also sorry if this isn't where I should ask.

Also, I don't think there isn't a place for submissive content in the game, the mountain campers are a good example of that. I just hope there will be a point where we become strong enough to turn it around on them and use them to satisfy our desires. Or not and choose to be submissive if that's your thing. Sorry my for the long ass post.

Wanideretz

Apr 1, 2017
@DevilBone
Interesting. I think it's the complete opposite and the game is build for and around submissive content.
You have fetishes that make you helpless for their bidding.
For now you have not a single victory scene. They just fade away if you defeat them. So you can't act dominant. And they "attack" you mostly in a femdom way.
I think dominant content is likely for some named NPC's.

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
v18 is now up.

New zone/Dungeon added, but it is not yet completed and is not able to be finished by the player.
But still a decent amount of new content is there, and is hopefully not bug ridden.

Check the change log for more details!

Should be tomorrow, if all goes to plan

It is now out! as stated above the quoting.

Hey threshold, question about the grand opinion multi poll you had at the beginning of the month: how exactly is it going to affect the game content? I ask because I was in favor of more dominant and/or romantic scenes, but last I saw the majority of people wanted more submissive scenes. Personally I don't think that makes much sense since our characters power literally comes from being sexually dominant, especually if said scenes involve characters that we've repeatedly defeated in "combat". Still, will of the many and all that. I just want to know if it's like most scenes will be submissive in the future or if the ratio of scenes remains unchanged, but the submissive ones will be worked on first. Also sorry if this isn't where I should ask.

Also, I don't think there isn't a place for submissive content in the game, the mountain campers are a good example of that. I just hope there will be a point where we become strong enough to turn it around on them and use them to satisfy our desires. Or not and choose to be submissive if that's your thing. Sorry my for the long ass post.

Well I'm not going to stop adding equal and dominant scenes for the player if that's what you're worried about.
But from the outset the game's general lean is the more sub and romantic end of things. So i was happy to see from the poll that when more femdom leaning content pops up people won't be unhappy about it.

Generally you can expect a decent balance I feel, but I'll be honest I can be oddly fickle on what I end up doing for the content direction for some updates.
But there are dominant scenes in this new update, and I plan to add more to the dungeon for one of the generic enemies. And some fluffy scenes with the named monsters that were added.

@DevilBone
Interesting. I think it's the complete opposite and the game is build for and around submissive content.
You have fetishes that make you helpless for their bidding.
For now you have not a single victory scene. They just fade away if you defeat them. So you can't act dominant. And they "attack" you mostly in a femdom way.
I think dominant content is likely for some named NPC's.

Currently Kyra and Trisha both have victory scenes once you progress enough with them.
And you can fuck Mika in the forest dungeon rather dominantly if you pick the right options.

DevilBone

Mar 5, 2017
Well I'm not going to stop adding equal and dominant scenes for the player if that's what you're worried about.
But from the outset the game's general lean is the more sub and romantic end of things. So i was happy to see from the poll that when more femdom leaning content pops up people won't be unhappy about it.

Generally you can expect a decent balance I feel, but I'll be honest I can be oddly fickle on what I end up doing for the content direction for some updates.
But there are dominant scenes in this new update, and I plan to add more to the dungeon for one of the generic enemies. And some fluffy scenes with the named monsters that were added.
Good to hear, thanks for the reply. Looking forward to exploring the new update.

jskil5

May 17, 2016
just letting you know the perk/fetish(tried to start a new game to make sure everything was workin right) bubble aint working properly cant even see what im tryin to select also cant view perks when in the character selection of the menu the kotone perk caused an error when visiting the goddess statue to lessen fetishes

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
Yea, the character page is broken and wont work.
It just gives an error screen.
So I'm unable to change gear, or use items.

Juicyjuice

Mar 3, 2016
It looks like that the second chest room on the Trials of Power side calls the same scene as the first chest room, so you end up being teleported to the first one when you go back.

Also want to say that with hypnosis being one of my big kinks, this temple update is fantastic for me. :p

DevilBone

Mar 5, 2017
Got a bit of a bug, when I go to the goddess statue and purge unclean thoughts, I get an error message when I try to purge all of them. I can still purge them individually though.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/gamecode/adventureCode/adventuring.rpy", line 449, in script call
call displayScene from _call_displayScene_3
File "game/gamecode/dialogueSystem.rpy", line 295, in script call
call sortMenuD from _call_sortMenuD_2
File "game/gamecode/dialogueSystem.rpy", line 1991, in script call
call eventDialogueMenu from _call_eventDialogueMenu
File "game/gamecode/adventureCode/adventuring.rpy", line 330, in script call
call displayScene from _call_displayScene_2
File "game/gamecode/dialogueSystem.rpy", line 1064, in script call
call sortMenuD from _call_sortMenuD_10
File "game/gamecode/hubTown.rpy", line 389, in script call
call NpcDisplay from _call_NpcDisplay
File "game/gamecode/dialogueSystem.rpy", line 2222, in script call
call GoddessStatue from _call_GoddessStatue
File "game/gamecode/hubTown.rpy", line 293, in script
$ player.FetishList.Level -= TempFetishes.Level
File "game/gamecode/hubTown.rpy", line 293, in <module>
IndexError: list index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/gamecode/adventureCode/adventuring.rpy", line 449, in script call
call displayScene from _call_displayScene_3
File "game/gamecode/dialogueSystem.rpy", line 295, in script call
call sortMenuD from _call_sortMenuD_2
File "game/gamecode/dialogueSystem.rpy", line 1064, in script call
call sortMenuD from _call_sortMenuD_10
File "game/gamecode/hubTown.rpy", line 389, in script call
call NpcDisplay from _call_NpcDisplay
File "game/gamecode/dialogueSystem.rpy", line 2222, in script call
call GoddessStatue from _call_GoddessStatue
File "game/gamecode/hubTown.rpy", line 293, in script
File "E:\Random Stuff\Nexus Mod Manager\This stuff\These games\MGD\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v18-pc\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v18-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "E:\Random Stuff\Nexus Mod Manager\This stuff\These games\MGD\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v18-pc\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v18-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/gamecode/hubTown.rpy", line 293, in <module>
IndexError: list index out of range

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Monster Girl Dreams Alpha-v18
Tue Aug 28 14:28:21 2018

Also I want to apologize for being presumptuous in my earlier post, the game is awesome whatever direction it goes. Also Minoni is adorable.

Edit: Spoiler wasn't showing up, fixed that.

Last edited:

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
And then we didn't hear from him for another week or 2~

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
Yea, the character page is broken and wont work.
It just gives an error screen.
So I'm unable to change gear, or use items.

That should be an issue with updating the save, try manually doing it from options or walking around town first.
If that doesn't fix it please send me the error log.

Also want to say that with hypnosis being one of my big kinks, this temple update is fantastic for me. :p

I'm glad you enjoyed!

Despite the numerous bugs.

And then we didn't hear from him for another week or 2~

There's a lot of bugs to fix. q.q
Said fix update should be sometime next week.
And include a little bit more than just bug fixes.

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
@Threshold
I guess I gave up too fast, because moving around the town a bit worked in letting me enter my character page.
Also that message about not hearing from you in a week or 2 was a bad joke about how game devs tend to disappear for awhile~
Not one of my best jokes but I was bored and felt like typing something, sorry about that...

Edit:
Found a minor typo.
For the Impish Spitroast skill that the Imps use.
Both Imps used it on me back to back, the one doing the facesitting was normal, but the one doing the actual sex said Imp 1 was both having sex with me and rubbing her crotch on my face.
No idea how that works, but there you go..?
(Or maybe the typo was for both and I just didn't notice for the first attack since it is so unnoticeable.)

Edit 2:
So I found the weirdest bug.
I was at the forest dungeon grinding for Eros and etc, and after a fight with 2 imps Lillian was there...yup.
She had the options for when you talk to her at the church, and when I chose "Leave" I was in town again.
It was strange being abducted by Lillian, but also interesting.

Last edited:

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
@Threshold
I guess I gave up too fast, because moving around the town a bit worked in letting me enter my character page.
Also that message about not hearing from you in a week or 2 was a bad joke about how game devs tend to disappear for awhile~
Not one of my best jokes but I was bored and felt like typing something, sorry about that...

Edit:
Found a minor typo.
For the Impish Spitroast skill that the Imps use.
Both Imps used it on me back to back, the one doing the facesitting was normal, but the one doing the actual sex said Imp 1 was both having sex with me and rubbing her crotch on my face.
No idea how that works, but there you go..?
(Or maybe the typo was for both and I just didn't notice for the first attack since it is so unnoticeable.)

Edit 2:
So I found the weirdest bug.
I was at the forest dungeon grinding for Eros and etc, and after a fight with 2 imps Lillian was there...yup.
She had the options for when you talk to her at the church, and when I chose "Leave" I was in town again.
It was strange being abducted by Lillian, but also interesting.

Yeah the auto update save isn't perfect unfortunately. So some updates can cause issues if it doesn't happen and you for example check your character screen after loading up the game.
Hmm, maybe i can get it to do a check when you open the menu and update if it needs to...

It's fine. xD I had a feeling there was no ill intent.

It could have been messed for both, the dialogue feature for joint attacks is probably still wonky.

Well i knew that an issue could happen with getting blooped back to the temple after going to it, have not heard about Lillian bending time and space to talk to you...
Hopefully my fix for the former also fixed that.

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
Well i knew that an issue could happen with getting blooped back to the temple after going to it, have not heard about Lillian bending time and space to talk to you...
Hopefully my fix for the former also fixed that.

This actually had me thinking.
Lillian has the option to "purify" the character right?
Yet when you can do it is at town.
But after you leave a hostile area you are fully recovered of all status effects and lowered health and such.
How long until the "hero" is no longer magically healed by the holy magic that is the sight of civilization?

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
This actually had me thinking.
Lillian has the option to "purify" the character right?
Yet when you can do it is at town.
But after you leave a hostile area you are fully recovered of all status effects and lowered health and such.
How long until the "hero" is no longer magically healed by the holy magic that is the sight of civilization?

That's a rather ominous way of thinking about it.

Really though she still only has that because originally you weren't healed when you went back to town, but it wasn't very well communicated to the player, so now you just get full healed when you go back to town.

I'm sure i'll think of something to do to that option to make it less pointless. Eventually.

Wanideretz

Apr 1, 2017
Tested the ModLoader with the ModExample and it corrupts the game.
- copied ExampleMod folder and ExampleMod.json into ModLoader/mods
- used ModLoader.exe (this works just fine)
- error by game start

What am I missing?

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
Tested the ModLoader with the ModExample and it corrupts the game.
- copied ExampleMod folder and ExampleMod.json into ModLoader/mods
- used ModLoader.exe (this works just fine)
- error by game start

What am I missing?

I looked into it and it's because the example mod is not updated to deal with the new trance status effect. I shall fix this for the next update, but you will have no issues modding the game otherwise.

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
Double post for the v18.1 bugfix update. Check for downloads and details in the first post.

Also there is now a discord server! Click here to join it if you want.

Edit: I refuse to triple post for the v18.2 update.
Edit: v18.3 is out and I still refuse to triple post.

Last edited:

ScarredEyes

Oct 13, 2015
Is it just me, or does analysing the boss at the end of the Power Trials make you instawin? At least, it did for me.

Bronzechair

Aug 30, 2015
Analyze and magical binding have been instantly defeating every enemy I've encountered. Also, trying to flick the blue switch (haven't tested the red one, since I have next to no Power to unlock it right now) does nothing.

Wanideretz

Apr 1, 2017
Found some bugs with the Version 1.82 (not in the bug fixes for 1.83)
- pair of kunoichi trainee start single footjob scene after footjob loss
- you can remove all fetishes on the statue even the one you should allways have

Now with 1.83 found this:
- Numb Self allways leads to instant victory for the player with the message: "But she seems ready to keep going."
Also it bypasses everything the enemy does. For example:
Fight starts. Select Numb Self. But enemy is faster and restrains you. You use Numb Self anyway and win.
The same for Bondage Net

There is more. Hope it helps to find the bug:
- Fight against Nicci. Nicci starts with restrainsts. No matter what you selected before you insta win. But now the message "But she seems ready to keep going." does not show up.

Last edited: