[Ren'py][Patreon][Furry] Kemono Academy (demo not ready)

volavinarus

Sep 5, 2016
Hello all! I'm Vola and I'm here to share with you all today my upcoming game project called Kemono Academy, Which is a furry dating sim being made within the ren'py engine. The game features visual novel like dialog for events as you build your relationship levels with the girls.

The game has you playing as a skunk boy named Brandon who by mistake is transferred to Kemono Academy an all girls school, where he has decided that this might be one of his best chances at getting laid. You'll have 100 days before the contract for the school is done which will allow the school to kick him out by then, till that happens your stuck living within the dorms at the academy. During these days you'll have a limited form of energy that will drain while you preform tasks, such as talking/traveling/giving items/etc. Once you've ran out of energy you'll need to head back to your dorm room to sleep which will end the day and start a new.

The game features 12 date-able furry anthropomorphic girls all with their own personalities and unique species to each girl. Each day through out the 100 days you're given you'll be able to choose from over 14+ different areas to travel around the school, every day is different and therefore each day the girls will be found in different areas of the school. So you'll find girl X in the classroom on day 1 and then day 2 she'll be found within the gym, allowing for a slight element of puzzle solving in order to continue building relationship levels with the select girls you want to be with. There will be 8 main events for each girl all unique as you build relationship level with said girl, there will be fetishes and kinks that show up in the game as optional choices at certain relationship levels to choose from instead of the main event but if you prefer a more vanilla style story you'll be able to skip those fetish choices. This allows for those who are interested in just the main non fetish related content to continue in their own way, while those who might enjoy certain fetishes to continue in what they enjoy allowing both parties to fully enjoy the content offered within Kemono Academy!

More information about the project can be found on my patreon page. (No demo is out right now and is targeted for a end of October public release for the first demo, each demo afterwards will be patreon exclusive for a month before it becomes open to the public too. Please understand that this is more of a advertisement for interest and to keep tabs on the project while i work on the demo within my spare time, I am not looking for support in funding till I have a demo for all to try but if anyone does want to support the project in the mean time, it isn't required or needed but I'm thankful for the early support.)
https://www.patreon.com/Kemono_Academy

http://i.imgur.com/o75bY9s.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QOuFONS.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/c5Qi1RD.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

volavinarus

Sep 5, 2016
So, this is like an adult furry Persona visual novel?

It's a adult furry 2D rpg, it's turn based combat. It's background has a very anime aspect to it, from story setup to how characters act, etc. I don't know how closely it would compare to persona series completely but if interested in how that series feels like then you might end up liking this project. The game does have some sort of visual novel aspects in the form of when characters talk art sprites show the character talking with expressions, etc. H content is kind of like how visual novels handle that content.

Klaptrap

Aug 27, 2015
Do you have any other finished work that could tell us what to expect?

Do you have any reason at all to be confident enough to start a Patreon with nothing more than some ideas and a few pieces of fan art?

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Know what... at least volavinarus posted what the game is about, what it will entail, and what the art might be. Unlike this thread.

What's in that link is a perfect example of NOT what to do when posting a new game project on the forums.

volavinarus

Sep 5, 2016
Do you have any other finished work that could tell us what to expect?

Do you have any reason at all to be confident enough to start a Patreon with nothing more than some ideas and a few pieces of fan art?
Know what... at least volavinarus posted what the game is about, what it will entail, and what the art might be. Unlike this thread.

What's in that link is a perfect example of NOT what to do when posting a new game project on the forums.

Aside from art that i have done, I haven't any other finished work to show in terms of what to expect game wise. I'm currently in the process of getting a demo prepared of the first chapter in the game which would show off the main functions of how the game plays out to the end, I'm sorry i don't have a finished demo ready right now and the patreon is there to share information about the project as i get a demo up for everyone to try out and see if backing the patreon is worth it in their eyes.

Right now I'm preparing place holder assets to get the map setup and from there put in the set in stone assets, otherwise it'd look really goofy having furry characters show up on your screen while the character sprites are human at the moment.

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
Hello all! I'm Vola and I'm here to share with you all today my upcoming game project called Kototama high-school unit. While this project is still in it's early stages I hope to supply a demo to show off the core game play by the end of this year! Everything from assets being used to art work seen will all be original compared to using default or other peoples assets. This is a 2D adult furry RPG game.

The game has you taking control of a skunk boy named Brandon who recently transferred to kototama high-school, where the students who attend here have special powers unique to themselves. during the day you'll do everyday school activities but during after hours your group will hunt down rifts that appear around the town at night. If these rifts go unchecked for too long paranormal creatures will leak into the world causing mass chaos, it's up to you and your group of students to travel into these rifts to put a stop to these creatures.  

Over the course of the game you'll gain clues as to what's causing these rifts from appearing and how to put a stop to it. The game offers over 12 main characters who you can pick and choose from to attend you on your missions, you'll gain relationship stats with select students and be able to move further down to H content. There's also plenty of side quests that can be completed which will offer you a reward fetish/kink that can be given to one of the main girls you wish would have it. This allows for that character to change how they develop through the rest of the game, changing events and lines with how they act because of this. If you don't want to see or use certain or all side quest rewards, you have the option to not use them, completely giving everyone a choice of how they wish to continue their special story. The game will feature many secret quests as well, while like side quests they won't offer fetish/kinks but instead if you come across these quests they can offer you with powerful items.

More information about the project can be found on my patreon page.
https://www.patreon.com/kototama_highschool_unit

Pairings?  Kinks?  I suppose furry and M/F are a given, but anything else covered by your game?  For example, I personally won't touch any H games unless they have a decent amount of M/M content.  I'm sure there are plenty of other people here with... 'discerning tastes' as well.  I'm not trying to suggest that you should include that kind of content in your game if it's not already planned, just that that sort of info should always be included in the intro topic.

volavinarus

Sep 5, 2016
Pairings?  Kinks?  I suppose furry and M/F are a given, but anything else covered by your game?  For example, I personally won't touch any H games unless they have a decent amount of M/M content.  I'm sure there are plenty of other people here with... 'discerning tastes' as well.  I'm not trying to suggest that you should include that kind of content in your game if it's not already planned, just that that sort of info should always be included in the intro topic.

It's hard to say exactly all of what can show up as side quests to offer these kinks/fetishes since a good bit of it will come from those involved in donating and voting on topics for it. The biggest part of this content is that i want to allow it to be seen as optional so that people into certain stuff can accept what they want to see and discard the rest and vice versa, or up and choose not to use any at all.

Obscure

Sep 13, 2015
The work shown thus far is minimal.

But other then Taifun no one is working on an adult game featuring cute furry trash yet.  And the quality of this cute furry trash is better.

To the OP: I wouldn't worry too much about M/M or anything too niche if you weren't crazy about it from the start.  Most people find that token additions costs more audience then it gains.  It won't be worth it if you aren't going to go all in.

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
The work shown thus far is minimal.

But other then Taifun no one is working on an adult game featuring cute furry trash yet.  And the quality of this cute furry trash is better.

To the OP: I wouldn't worry too much about M/M or anything too niche if you weren't crazy about it from the start.  Most people find that token additions costs more audience then it gains.  It won't be worth it if you aren't going to go all in.

It's hard to say exactly all of what can show up as side quests to offer these kinks/fetishes since a good bit of it will come from those involved in donating and voting on topics for it. The biggest part of this content is that i want to allow it to be seen as optional so that people into certain stuff can accept what they want to see and discard the rest and vice versa, or up and choose not to use any at all.

This is true.  I'd say to either have a full M/M path or none at all.  Small side bits that are just a token nod to gays/fetishists aren't typically well received.  For example, Forever:Young has a small bit of M/M but all the main ppl you can interact with/romance are strictly M/F.  My immediate response on learning this was 'oh, a token effort for a token audience.  Not interested.' and I left the thread in a virtual huff.  That said, if you have 10 romance interests, and one of them was a dude, that would be fine with me, as long as it's fully fleshed out.

rakgi

Aug 27, 2015
Agree with Karunama on the M/M stuff, But from the looks of the patreon page it seems to be focused on M/F only oh well.

volavinarus

Sep 5, 2016
Yeah sadly it's focused on m/f and even if i were to try putting the work into adding m/m content I'm not sure I'd do it justice since i myself wouldn't know exactly what to do with those situations, if later down the road i can get a small team together focused on furry related games and someone in the group just so happens to know more about that stuff then i do then I'd be 100% for it.

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015

*Replies after being offline for the most part in the past week*

Should I feel bad that he/she hasn't earned a single $ in their patreon?

If he/she (still don't know which) actually was trying their hardest with that project, and earned no support that would just be horrible... T .T

Klaptrap

Aug 27, 2015

If he/she (still don't know which) actually was trying their hardest with that project, and earned no support that would just be horrible... T .T

If you feel that bad about it you can just throw some money their way.

Personally, I'm not interested in yet another dating sim by someone who has no apparent experience or skill in making a game.

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if the whole thing went "Sorry guys real life is kicking my ass gonna take a few days off next update soon." - posted 6 months ago

Obscure

Sep 13, 2015
I'm pretty darn sure that Divine Apparatus by SolubleHook is a gag Patreon.

I still harbor hopes that Kototama Highschool Unit will progress.

volavinarus

Sep 5, 2016
Slight update of the games progress for those following along, over the next few weeks of project work will be making some changes to the game as we get things rolling to get a demo out there for the public. The first big change coming is that the engine being used will be switched from rpg maker vx ace over to ren'py. The reason being that after looking into it further I feel that the game would work better off using ren'py because of how this game feels and it's systems should be better off in this new engine.

There's still some behind the scenes work going on along side this engine change, but I feel these changes being made as i prepare to get things rolling into alpha phase will be critical so it's best to do it now then later. Looking forward from here I've been putting what spare time I have into more of the main girl characters (nearly finished with the cast) and getting background art scenes done as all of this is happening the demo is currently being put together as we speak, the plan is to have a early demo open to the public by the end of October. I can't say what all the demo will include but showing off the core game play elements and getting a feel for the characters should be set in this demo.

Nephilim_Anunnaki

Sep 7, 2015
Thank you. RPG Maker games need to die. Its time. It is late 2016.

That's a bit... overreacted.

I am not a big fan of rpgmaker games myself, but rpgmaker is a tool, the problem is how you use that tool.

It's possible to do really good games with, the problem is people just do crap with them... worse is when are asking money for them on steam...

Marblak

Jan 14, 2016
That is a fair point. Indeed, too many of these rpg maker games are truly terrible.

volavinarus

Sep 5, 2016
My patreon page has been updated reflecting a over haul to what's new with this project but sadly no update for a demo yet as I'm still working on it within my spare time and hope to get it out for you guys to try out by the end of October. I do feel the changes to the engine will be for the better for the games being made and I hope those who are slightly interested aren't fully because of the engine it self.

My advice to anyone interested or upset that there isn't a demo yet as I advertise in the mean time, would be for you guys to hold in there a while and maybe keep tabs on this thread for when the demo is ready. If people want to fund the patreon before a demo is ready then they have my thanks but that isn't my intention for advertising right now.

https://www.patreon.com/Kemono_Academy

SolubleHook

Sep 4, 2016

Its not a scam. I had intentions of trying to make a creative link..but it failed.. I was entirely excited to see that someone had noticed that there was even a post.

I was busy doing other things....I know...its sad..I havnt earned anything yet.. but i am motivated. you should at least visit the page patreon.com/divineapparatus

and try the java executable. Its the shell of the game ive been working on. It has very little content. But progress is progress. Thanks for noticing me Guys! feel free to post on there sometime. and then keep checking back. cause money or not. i am working on this everyday. (I may be a newbie..to game dev...but I have great potential) ill be sure to include a post about more details of the game.

volavinarus

Sep 5, 2016
Slight update to let anyone interested know what's happening lately.

I just recently finished all the characters and have been going through backgrounds now within my spare time, If all goes well I'll have all backgrounds done by the end of this month and have October as a whole to getting everything put together for the demo.