Renameing & Rainbowtox suggestions

Raider

Sep 21, 2015
So, I'm big fan of customisation and I noticed some minor things that bug me and would be cool if added/changed:

1. Possibility to Renaming the Main Character. (Not surname)

I started the game multiple times over with different chracters and I misspelled my latestd, wich I only noticed waaayyyy later. Now i could just make a new game but i would never be able to get the exact transformations again. So a NPC that would allow you to rename yourself (for a price) would be cool.

2. Splitting Rainbowtox in different items. (skin-; eye-; nipple-; fur-; scale-; and lip-colors; since you can change hair in the saloon now, you don't need one for hair)

I noticed that Rainbowtox is almost useless to players that want a certain color because it can change up to 3 at once and a random bodypart at that. (Wich is OK if do not have an asthetic in mind, but otherwise is too random)

Obviously, this split would restult in too many items for the current NPC, Sera, wich sells it. Wich is why it would be a good Idea to make a seperate NPC for it. (I envision a chameleon but whatever...)

3. Add genitalia color to the new items.

I noticed Rainbowtox does not do this, and I have no idea how my green character would get rid of its red cock, without transforming it into another.

Obvoisly these are suggestions, and I have no idea how long it would take to code any of this or if something like this is already planned, but I though I give it a shot and make a topic. Love what's beed done so far, keep up the good work!

Last edited by a moderator:

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
1. Will probably be a feature with save-editors once released.

2. You could always just save-scum until you get the desired colouration.

3. Sylvanol changes the colour of genitalia.

Raider

Sep 21, 2015
1. Will probably be a feature with save-editors once released.

2. You could always just save-scum until you get the desired colouration.

3. Sylvanol changes the colour of genitalia.

1. Did they say they are releasig save ediotrs or are you hoping on the community for that? Why not just make it a feature ingame?

2. I save-scum anyway but it takes FOREVER if you just want to change 1 specific color on 1 specific bodypart.

3. Yes but it does not make it e.g. green.

Ravioli

Aug 26, 2015
I've save scummed to get the colors I want several times. It just requires luck and a bit of patience. You can get pretty much whatever you want in 1-2 hours tops. This game really isn't that time consuming. 

DiscipleOfDeath

Aug 29, 2015
I have used both, the backer one lets you add flags such as cock having a sheath, knot, flare, aphrodisiac head that kind of thing. Mostly use minerva since the backer one hasn't been updated for a bit and stuff I am changing can only be done in minerva.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
really? I just poke around minerva

It really sucks compared to having something like CoCEd, and that's assuming it works. My Minerva cripples saves more often than not regardless of how much or how little changes I apply.

OP, I like your ideas, even though I rarely care too too much about minor details of my character's appearance.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I have a code block that runs every time I click the Appearance button.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
1. Possibility to Renaming the Main Character. (Not surname)

I started the game multiple times over with different chracters and I misspelled my latestd, wich I only noticed waaayyyy later. Now i could just make a new game but i would never be able to get the exact transformations again. So a NPC that would allow you to rename yourself (for a price) would be cool.

2. Splitting Rainbowtox in different items. (skin-; eye-; nipple-; fur-; scale-; and lip-colors; since you can change hair in the saloon now, you don't need one for hair)

I noticed that Rainbowtox is almost useless to players that want a certain color because it can change up to 3 at once and a random bodypart at that. (Wich is OK if do not have an asthetic in mind, but otherwise is too random)

Obviously, this split would restult in too many items for the current NPC, Sera, wich sells it. Wich is why it would be a good Idea to make a seperate NPC for it. (I envision a chameleon but whatever...)

1. Agreed. I think I've talked with Fen about integrating something like that in the Codex before. It's especially a strange thing to lack in a game where you can switch genders -- going from Bob the burly Mercenary to... Bob the bimbo cowgirl is kind of odd. 

2. It's almost like Rainbowtox is a joke item meant to test mechanics and has just been left in the game. I'd sooner wait for ACTUAL dedicated color-swap options than try and change the party favor item.

Raider

Sep 21, 2015
1. Agreed. I think I've talked with Fen about integrating something like that in the Codex before. It's especially a strange thing to lack in a game where you can switch genders -- going from Bob the burly Mercenary to... Bob the bimbo cowgirl is kind of odd. 

2. It's almost like Rainbowtox is a joke item meant to test mechanics and has just been left in the game. I'd sooner wait for ACTUAL dedicated color-swap options than try and change the party favor item.

I know its a joke item, I just thought you could expand on it, since, like you said the mechanics are already there and it would fill a niche. Just wanted to trow in my two cents. :)

DiscipleOfDeath

Aug 29, 2015
Always found it weird when people have saves borked from minerva never had anything bad happen to me from messing with stuff, even the stuff I probably shouldn't change >_>

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
I have used both, the backer one lets you add flags such as cock having a sheath, knot, flare, aphrodisiac head that kind of thing. Mostly use minerva since the backer one hasn't been updated for a bit and stuff I am changing can only be done in minerva.

You can add flags like that with minerva. If you're not particularly well versed in the code stuff (like I am) sometimes it helps using an existing set to copy from but you can slap on more flags.

StarcraftJunkie

Aug 29, 2015
You can add flags like that with minerva. If you're not particularly well versed in the code stuff (like I am) sometimes it helps using an existing set to copy from but you can slap on more flags.

In the offline version (which is generally WAY more stable for editing TiTS saves - and also very out of date compared to the online version), you can't. It won't let you add more flags, though you can change existing flags to whatever you want

Always found it weird when people have saves borked from minerva never had anything bad happen to me from messing with stuff, even the stuff I probably shouldn't change >_>

They may be using the online version and you the offline version. Otherwise, I dunno.

Blackwater Syn

Aug 28, 2015

Wait, you can?

They may be using the online version and you the offline version. Otherwise, I dunno.
Wait, there's an online version? I've been using http://prntscr.com/8j0zqt  Where do I download an online version? 

DiscipleOfDeath

Aug 29, 2015
Yeah the online one can add flags just haven't found a reason to use it for adding flags when the backer editor does that already

Blackwater Syn

Aug 28, 2015
Well what do you know. Thank you both! Now if I can figure out where the cloaca flag is, I don't have to play with the Naleen nip.

I wish it put the flags in alphabetical order like the download version does, tho.

StarcraftJunkie

Aug 29, 2015
Yeah the online one can add flags just haven't found a reason to use it for adding flags when the backer editor does that already

The backer editor isn't available to all backers. It's only supposed to be available to backers that donated at a certain level ($45+, I think) during the Offbeatr thing to raise money for starting up TiTS. So most folks can't use it, even if they are backers.

Frankly, I think Patreon folks at a certain tier should get access to it, because as long as they've been paying on Patreon for any significant length of time, you've paid way more than $45.

DiscipleOfDeath

Aug 29, 2015
Well what do you know. Thank you both! Now if I can figure out where the cloaca flag is, I don't have to play with the Naleen nip.

I wish it put the flags in alphabetical order like the download version does, tho.

flag you want is a status effect called gential slit

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
The backer editor isn't available to all backers. It's only supposed to be available to backers that donated at a certain level ($45+, I think) during the Offbeatr thing to raise money for starting up TiTS. So most folks can't use it, even if they are backers.

Frankly, I think Patreon folks at a certain tier should get access to it, because as long as they've been paying on Patreon for any significant length of time, you've paid way more than $45.

I agree... although hopefully one day fen and comp will release the save editor to the general public