Unholy Arts v0.2.5 February Update [ Simulation, RPG, Dating Sim, Yuri, Monstergirls, Futa ]

May 20, 2020
nKYqfci.png

Unholy Arts
Passion, love and power are the cornerstones of the protagonists of Unholy Arts, an erotic fantasy dating sim where six women cooperate and compete to become the next Valley's High Priestess, in an adventure full of yuri, romance and powerplay.

Rol, simulation and Choose Your Own Adventure elements are blend together to create an innovative system where each character makes their own choices according to their goals and desires, which in turn evolve along with their experiences. How will your actions change your companions and your relationships with them? Will they end up under your clutches? Will you... end up under theirs?

---------------------------------------------​

Current features:
  • Control your character in dynamic sex scenes. Other characters will act according to their own personality and desires!
  • Simulation of the daily life of the Temple's residents
  • Properly distribute your time to become as much of a great Candidate as possible
  • Socialize with the other Candidates through a system that recreates complex moods and relations
  • Develop deep relationships with other Candidates and get them on the proper mood, then take them to bed any day!
  • Each character has a lot of parameters representing their preferences, desires, goals and views, that are used to help them make their decisions during sex, during social interactions, and during other daily activities
  • Explore the stories behind the Confined Valley and the Passion Temple, its peoples' lives and secrets
  • Battle system: use magic, slashes or sensual strokes to get your enemies to submit
  • Stablish special relationship types with other characters, including alliances, tutorship, domination or love
  • Convince or force other characters to follow your schemes
  • This will go both ways! If you aren't careful enough, you may become someone else's plaything
Features to be implemented:
  • Unlucky characters may find themselves locked in bondage, limiting their range of actions
  • Many other ways for everyone to get corrupted into hedonism and submission
  • Embark on adventures with your peers to explore the Valley and its secrets
Tags and kinks:
  • Lesbian: The six protagonists, including the Player Character, are women
  • Monstergirls: Different kinds of peoples coexist in the Valley, only two of the six tribes are human
  • Futanari (optional): Good Avatars of the Goddess are expected to represent her in her truest form
  • Your ordinary vanilla tags, including: kissing, caressing, vaginal, oral, threesomes and others
  • Soft powerplay, and optionally more hardcore powerplay
  • Player domination/Player submission and Player top/Player bottom
  • Exhibitionism and voyeur
  • Harem and reversed harem: should depend heavily on the settings and the balance of power between the Candidates. The player should have the means to achieve either result, or none
Tags and kinks to come in the future (Most of these will be optional):
  • Male characters participating in sex scenes
  • Hypnosis: there's a bit already in the game. Expect much more
  • Slime: there's a bit already in the game. Expect more
  • Transformations: there's a bit already in the game. I'd like to make more transformation content, but since it would involve the protagonist characters, this requires the game to generate enough income for me to keep working on it and to pay illustrators
  • Bondage: will also come in the form of vines
  • Generally lots of corruption

---------------------------------------------​

Download the latest free version at Itch.io!

Support the game's development on Patreon!

Screenshots

LOAJHxk.png

gzLkgnZ.png

C6yQ4dX.png

stoGvll.png

yi5B4p4.png

gZKJSLt.png

QIi9aGF.png

cWfAx0i.png

w5nHRUc.png

Br86DXN.png

Last edited:

Jash

Oct 8, 2015
Well it looks interesting at least. More monstergirl games with controllable sex combat are always welcome.

Diarmait

Nov 3, 2015
This one has some potential behind it. Has aspects of a few other games, but it's not like most games in how it plays out. Looking forward to see how this one grows.

May 20, 2020
I'm glad to see you have expectations in the game! The development advances smoothly and the next public release should see the light in a few weeks, perhaps in August. Among the new features, there's now the simulation of the day-to-day life of the Candidates, a relationships system that is starting to take shape, threesomes, sex scenes in which the player isn't participating, and the option to invite the other girls to have sex - they may reject it, so you should flirt with them for a while first.

Remember that you can stay updated about the game's development on its itch.io's devlog. In the latest post you can find a checklist of everything that is or isn't ready for v0.1.

Have some more screenshots from the game!

03.png 05.png 07.png

Reactions: The-Human
May 20, 2020
Version 0.1 is out! There's a lot of new content, and I'm going to allow myself that I'm quite pleased with the shape the game is taking, even if it's still at an early stage.

In the latest itch.io post you can check the new features I've been working on during the last few months, even if it isn't as detailed as the other entries. The screenshots at the first post have been updated to show some of the new systems and conversations.

aattss

Dec 16, 2017
I'm liking where this is going.

Btw what are ST and LT? I may have missed some tutorial message or something.

Last edited:
May 20, 2020
ST and LT are Short Term and Long Term. The game admittedly has a few mechanics that get too technical. In the future, it will be possible to look for scrolls in the main library, which should offer insights on the more obscure mechanics, lore, teach new moves and more. I want in-game tutorials to cover only the most fundamental information, because otherwise some players could drown in information.

phaos

Apr 8, 2018
This game's pretty amazing and I'm looking forward to progress given it becomes a bit unstable once you get past the end of the plot in v0.2 (there's definitely some unhandled stuff going on when the possibility of the others attacking you opens up).

Snakes!

Oct 27, 2016
Very nice so far, I ended up more engaged than I thought I would be. I almost never write anything in these kinds of forums but felt compelled to in this case.

Some feedback, obviously totaly subjective and based on my preferences and whims. The good:
  • Interesting characters with nice design, both personality-wise and art-wise.
  • Mechanics seem to tie together nicely. While I didn't play enough to truly be able to determine, it seems like the things under the hood work as intended.
  • Pleasing gameplay loop. The days are just about the right length.
Things that could do with some improvement:
  • The sex scenes, while mostly working well mechanicaly, have some issues in my book.
    • AI seems to want to do all the things at once and seems to end up doing all the things available; eg. frottage, penetration, french kissing etc. at the same time.
    • Sex does not play to the greatest strength of the game (imo); the characters themselves. I would like their personalities, not just their preferences, to show in the scenes.
    • Scenes currently feel a bit lifeless with the only thing going on descriptions of the action without much feeling. This kind of kills my interest fairly quickly.
  • Better understanding of the benefits of the various stats would be appreciated.
Overall, great potential and I could see myself backing it if I knew the things I described will be adressed/expanded upon. Good job, you!

If you will humor my arrogance a bit, I would offer a suggestion. I would try to improve sex scenes by interjections by your partner depending on what is going on in the scene, how close they/you are to orgasm and so on. I would also change descriptions and dialogue during sex depending on your relationship with your partner. Partners should say things but there should also be more descriptive language about the sex actions themselves. The greatest effect would be if you could really tie the characters personalities into the scenes. Obviously I realize that this is a huge task, and I don't even have any idea about whatever technical limitations you would have to work around to do something like this. Still, I hope there are elements of what I suggest you could use going forward.

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
Nice improvement on the game. Here's a few things:

- Claw seems impenetrable at first. Perhaps this is on purpose, and a previous playthrough seems to work better with other stats, but I feel like there's little chance to socialize beyond the events. Everyone seems busy or too disliking of you.
- Might have missed it - but remaining actions should be somewhere in the storyMenu.
- There's a script error in some sort of firstTime script. Forgot the name. Happened after reaching the "end of content" message.
- There isn't much improvement of the body physically outside of stats. Perhaps a more wordy description would be nice.
- Quotes for various happenings based upon stats would be nice. Sex seems rather impersonal, and it seems very same-ish even between partners. Individualizing it would go a long way, since it's such a big deal.
- Seconding the above, in general.
- I can get that the game is a slow burn, but special attention should be made to making sure the slow burn is as good as each scene in between big events.

May 20, 2020
This game's pretty amazing and I'm looking forward to progress given it becomes a bit unstable once you get past the end of the plot in v0.2 (there's definitely some unhandled stuff going on when the possibility of the others attacking you opens up).

Good to know you're enjoying it! I'm trying to find the bugs you and other players are mentioning, but it's not easy because they haven't shown up to me yet. I'd thank you if you could sent me a save file where the bugs have appeared or are about to appear, so that I can analyze a file where the conditions for those bugs are already present.

Things that could do with some improvement:
  • The sex scenes, while mostly working well mechanicaly, have some issues in my book.
    • AI seems to want to do all the things at once and seems to end up doing all the things available; eg. frottage, penetration, french kissing etc. at the same time.
    • Sex does not play to the greatest strength of the game (imo); the characters themselves. I would like their personalities, not just their preferences, to show in the scenes.
    • Scenes currently feel a bit lifeless with the only thing going on descriptions of the action without much feeling. This kind of kills my interest fairly quickly.
  • Better understanding of the benefits of the various stats would be appreciated.
Overall, great potential and I could see myself backing it if I knew the things I described will be adressed/expanded upon. Good job, you!

If you will humor my arrogance a bit, I would offer a suggestion. I would try to improve sex scenes by interjections by your partner depending on what is going on in the scene, how close they/you are to orgasm and so on. I would also change descriptions and dialogue during sex depending on your relationship with your partner (...)

Thanks for your suggestions! AI algorythms have to see a lot of work, but I'm pushing it forwards until I have added a few extra mechanics. On the way from v0.2 to v0.3 I'll be adding character drives, which represent each character's personality and motivations, and I wanted to make sure those were already in-game.

Character comments are also on the short-term/medium-term goals. You may read about it here.

Nice improvement on the game. Here's a few things:

- Claw seems impenetrable at first. Perhaps this is on purpose, and a previous playthrough seems to work better with other stats, but I feel like there's little chance to socialize beyond the events. Everyone seems busy or too disliking of you.
- Might have missed it - but remaining actions should be somewhere in the storyMenu.
- There's a script error in some sort of firstTime script. Forgot the name. Happened after reaching the "end of content" message.
- There isn't much improvement of the body physically outside of stats. Perhaps a more wordy description would be nice.
- Quotes for various happenings based upon stats would be nice. Sex seems rather impersonal, and it seems very same-ish even between partners. Individualizing it would go a long way, since it's such a big deal.
- Seconding the above, in general.
- I can get that the game is a slow burn, but special attention should be made to making sure the slow burn is as good as each scene in between big events.

Yes, Claw isn't willing to talk to you (or anyone) until later in the game. I've noticed that the other characters sometimes get aggressive in socialization out of the blue, I will also be addressing this.
I'm not sure what you mean about the remaining actions in the storyMenu, tbh.
Thanks for the error report!
Special moves for each character are also on my plans. Padmiri should definitely be filling your nose with aphrodisiacs, for example.

Edit: I've just released a patch that fixes some issues. You may find it on Patreon and itch.io, as usual. Please read the changelog, it contains useful info and instructions to keep using saves from the previous version 0.2.

Last edited:

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
I mean that I don't really know how much I can do in a given day or how much time I have left. Time is valuable, for sure, but I think the player needs to easily see how much time they have remaining after every action.

I would figure that you would eventually get any of the characters to a point they forfeit their candidacy in order to progress, but how will that work? Is it in the game now? Would the outcome it vary by your final stats with the character?

phaos

Apr 8, 2018
Good to know you're enjoying it! I'm trying to find the bugs you and other players are mentioning, but it's not easy because they haven't shown up to me yet. I'd thank you if you could sent me a save file where the bugs have appeared or are about to appear, so that I can analyze a file where the conditions for those bugs are already present.

It's tricky because I can't really recreate them either, which makes me think it's some extremely specific combinations of things that leave the game unsure of what it's doing next.

May 20, 2020
I mean that I don't really know how much I can do in a given day or how much time I have left. Time is valuable, for sure, but I think the player needs to easily see how much time they have remaining after every action.

I would figure that you would eventually get any of the characters to a point they forfeit their candidacy in order to progress, but how will that work? Is it in the game now? Would the outcome it vary by your final stats with the character?

Thanks for the feedback about time! At the moment, training and socialization periods finish 5 hours after each of them begin. I will add some label marking how much time you have left in the future.

The possibility of surrendering your own candidacy will only come up around the end of the game, and that's a long time away. Factors that should influence other NPCs in their decisions are their relationship with you and other characters, their merit and stats in comparison with others, and their character drives. Character drives are stats that represent a given NPC's values and goals, and will be implemented in not too many weeks.

It's tricky because I can't really recreate them either, which makes me think it's some extremely specific combinations of things that leave the game unsure of what it's doing next.

I released a hotfix a few days ago that probably took care of one or more of the issues you experienced. There are apparently more bugs left, but I'm having a lot of trouble making them appear, so they're probably much less common.

May 20, 2020
Version 0.2.1 recently went free on itch.io, link here, and changelog here. It includes tutorship relationships, a new story event, and a lot of QoL improvements.

Version 0.2.2 has been released for patrons (changelog), bringing another story event, new actions for Claw, a new AI algorythm for combat and a lot of balance changes.