REDACTED

TItsFan21211

Jun 25, 2020
To submit this before having the approval of the original author is a faux pas.

Instructions on submitting:

Actually Submitting:
To actually submit a finished project, fill out this form. Making a thread on the forum is okay, but until Fenoxo has you on record as agreeing to all the terms of event submission, he's not going to code anything into the game. This forum is more for sourcing critique from the community and garnering discussion about works in progress than actually sending it to the development team.

Note that the added legal stuff is simply a more verbose way of communicating the old legal sticky with a bit of record-keeping to keep people from changing their mind down the road. Old submissions are not exempt from these terms.

No worries, I already filled out the form :)

TItsFan21211

Jun 25, 2020
Still, it's in good faith to tell the original author before submitting anything you didn't create.

I did tell the original author; he/she did not respond yet. And I properly marked where I didn't write, which only accounts for around 20% of the entierty of the google doc.

OofS

Apr 26, 2019
No, no! This is exactly what I didn’t want you to do. You read the whole thing wrong. What the rule meant was that you create a thread here as work in progress to gather feedback before you submit it to the actual dev. You are only supposed to submit a project if it’s complete and ready to be reviewed.You just submitted a doc that hasn’t gotten a single feedback from anyone on here to make sure it has errors, misspellings or bad formatting.

I looked at your doc and you used very blinding highlights and italics when you are supposed to use <i></i> instead. It seems you did not take the time to look at the parser guide and the most important writing style guide before you head started in. You misspelled Dhaal as dhall or something like that and wrote a sex scene below the required 1000 and more words rule. This may come off rude, but this is some half-assed work.

You are surprisingly the second person to submit an incomplete document this week which makes me wonder if one of the staffs should clarify it more so people wouldn’t get confused by what Fen meant. You didn’t even get the approval of the actual creator because you were too impatient to get this over with. Writing is definitely not easy and I’ve learned that from experience when talking to Nones about my current project. Hate to break it to you, but all of this is going to get rejected and will definitely be a waste of Fen’s time.

TItsFan21211

Jun 25, 2020
No, no! This is exactly what I didn’t want you to do. You read the whole thing wrong. What the rule meant was that you create a thread here as work in progress to gather feedback before you submit it to the actual dev. You are only supposed to submit a project if it’s complete and ready to be reviewed.You just submitted a doc that hasn’t gotten a single feedback from anyone on here to make sure it has errors, misspellings or bad formatting.

I looked at your doc and you used very blinding highlights and italics when you are supposed to use <i></i> instead. It seems you did not take the time to look at the parser guide and the most important writing style guide before you head started in. You misspelled Dhaal as dhall or something like that and wrote a sex scene below the required 1000 and more words rule. This may come off rude, but this is some half-assed work.

You are surprisingly the second person to submit an incomplete document this week which makes me wonder if one of the staffs should clarify it more so people wouldn’t get confused by what Fen meant. You didn’t even get the approval of the actual creator because you were too impatient to get this over with. Writing is definitely not easy and I’ve learned that from experience when talking to Nones about my current project. Hate to break it to you, but all of this is going to get rejected and will definitely be a waste of Fen’s time.

Chill mate, this is a work in progress. I've only started it today. :)

Besides, I'm confused. You need to get the approval of the actual creator to start a project, but you need a finished project to get the approval of the actual creator???

And what you mean sex scene below the required 1000 and more words rule? Bizzy (cam girl Tavros) sex scene is only 791 words. I copied and pasted the whole thing into word and it told me that. That's not 1000 words and yet still in the game:allears:

Besides, mine is 719 words. That's plenty long, I would like to think...

Last edited:

runingman69

Nov 24, 2018
canuck land.
7233c3e383d948a685394150b3159594.png
maybe change this part to a wip. I also feel Oofs is just trying to help with advice.

runingman69

Nov 24, 2018
canuck land.

Besides, I'm confused. You need to get the approval of the actual creator to start a project, but you need a finished project to get the approval of the actual creator???
Best ask the creator of the character to work on it out of common courtesy. Ngl making an existing character crew will take a ton of work is a super bad idea for a first time project. If you like Narc maybe first write some sex scenes for her first.

OofS

Apr 26, 2019

Before you start any project on another creator’s character, you should ask them for permission if they are willing to let you write a crew expansion for the character. It’s best and respectable to ask the creator before wasting a lot of time and effort on doing it. But from what you just posted you made it seem like you actually submitted this without the creator’s input. The reason why people have to ask is to avoid lore issues and unrelated backstory that would probably piss the creator off when they didn’t get the say in it. You don’t need to do this if a creator like Jim T left, but as someone active and currently writing like frosty, it’s wise to ask to avoid any issues down the road.

TItsFan21211

Jun 25, 2020
Best ask the creator of the character to work on it out of common courtesy. Ngl making an existing character crew will take a ton of work is a super bad idea for a first time project. If you like Narc maybe first write some sex scenes for her first.

Yeah, figured. Thanks for the advice. That's why I'm writing sex scenes, and the other scenes for Narc recruitment? I wrote it in a way so I could easily change it into scenes where you buy a vagina for Narc, as you can't have intercourse sex scenes without a vagina..., if, of course, the administrator wants to use them.

Not planning on writing crew talk scenes until I get clear approval...

Reactions: OofS

TItsFan21211

Jun 25, 2020
Before you start any project on another creator’s character, you should ask them for permission if they are willing to let you write a crew expansion for the character. It’s best and respectable to ask the creator before wasting a lot of time and effort on doing it. But from what you just posted you made it seem like you actually submitted this without the creator’s input. The reason why people have to ask is to avoid lore issues and unrelated backstory that would probably piss the creator off when they didn’t get the say in it.

That's why I'm avoiding all backstory and crew talk until I get clear contact with creator. And besides, my father always told me that it's good to charge ahead and show work instead of words. The reason he was able to climb up to become a car executive was because when he was high school, he walked into a car repair shop, grabbed some tools, and repaired the car nearest to him. The engineers and managers were all pissed off until they realized that he was extremely skilled, and then he got the job.

Same story - if creator sees my work, and if he/she's impressed, he/she'll allow me to continue. If creator is not impressed, at least I tried.

Reactions: OofS

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
While I can't fault your logic, when it comes to content, its usually better to seek permission than ask for forgiveness. Have a clear idea, present it to the original author and then show them a sample of your work. This works for a couple of reasons:
1 - The author knows you have a clear plan and direction you want to go, they can also veto any points they don't agree with. Or straight up give/deny permission.
2 - The author knows you're taking it seriously and can take that into consideration.
3 - With the sample, you're providing proof of concept and waiting for them.

The point is, you don't want to rush in, write up 10,000 words and find that the author doesn't want anyone touching their work because they already have an idea. Not only does that waste your time, but it wastes the author's time as well. So just slow down a little, and give them a chance to get back to you.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Yeah, I learned the hard way to ask author's permission before you do anything. Making a thread on the Event Submission subforum is a big no-no for obvious reasons the others have already stated.

I'll say your timing was premature and this could have waited until confirmation was established with the author first. Present your GDoc to them after confirmation. Post it with the audited corrections (if any) to an Idea Thread with approval from the author. Get community feedback and possible help with editing.

THEN you make a WIP Event Submission following the greenlight after the author gives you said permission and is pleased with your commitment to the work. That way you, the enthusiastic writer, have a clear timeline to work with and you've taken the time and effort to respect the original Creator's decisions and submitted something they may or may not allow you to do.

In addition, NEVER rely solely on the community to do all of the legwork of editing, parser functions and corrections. Do the actual work yourself! There's nothing more egregious than a writer not taking the time to edit their work and expect it to be acceptable as is. If you don't put in the passion you have for writing into editing afterwards it comes off as cheap, half-assed and disrespectful. Nobody wants to help do the work someone else never bothered to do in the first place. That's just bad form, mate.

Save yourself the heartache and take the time to think things over so you can save yourself from embarrassment of trying to correct yourself like I have. This is just part of the process and take this with a grain of salt.