Questions for a Kitsune Playthrough

Merwyn

Jul 8, 2020
Hi, I've been testing out different builds and concepts, and fell in love with the idea of a Kitsune playthrough with Kiyoko as a companion.

I have a bit of a optimizing and planning side of me, and after I learned that there were kitsune specific abilities I started to wonder what they were (if the wiki had all of them listed) and what class would work the best with them, since I wasnt sure if the wiki had them all listed, and or new abilities would be added.

Also is there any Kitsune content locked behind backer build? Because I've been looking for an good excuse to back on Patreon haha.

Other smaller questions are
1. I never unlocked Kiyoko as a companion yet, what type of playstyle compliments hers?
2. I read on the wiki the Kinu had a weapon, is she a combat companion as well?
3. How well does an exisiting non-backer playthrough transfer over to a backer build? Or do you have to restart?

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Last edited:

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
After getting the kitsune TF you'll gain Tail Whack (not especially powerful to discourage min-maxing) and Foxfire (damages and causes Burn). You can learn some other abilities as well (Blue Flame Blade and Kitsunetsuki) but they don't come naturally. There may be others I'm either missing or which will be added later but those are the ones I know about right now.

All the updates are cumulative so when you see a Public patch, it'll contain everything in all the previous Backer updates. Basically, if you're a backer you'll get to see some things early but nothing is permanently gated behind backer builds. Right now there is kitsune-related content that's exclusive to backers but it'll be in the next public build as well, whenever it drops.

1. Kiyoko is extremely versatile as she has three power 'sets' you can freely choose from as soon as you unlock her. It's an element planned for other companions as well but for now Ryn is the only one to have even a single alternate gear set and you have to find hers. Anyhow, the sets alter her stats and her powers (except her Ultimate) so you can pick whichever one best suits your current needs. Onmyodo is all-damage with a side of HP draining, Kitsune-Bi is all about debuffing enemies and then punishing them for it and Kami-no-Michi is focused on defense and reducing the ability of enemies to damage your party. They all share the same Ultimate, Kitsunetsuki. This is the same move Komari uses on you that inflicted you with zomg!status effects. So yeah, fun times. Oh, all of Kiyoko's sets are magical in nature so bear that in mind, but like I said she's really versatile.

2. Kinu is the heroine of her own (not yet implemented) story and her weapon choice is part of that. She's not and will never be a companion for the Champion, per The Observer.

3. See above, there's no real difference between a Public and Backer build except that the latter come out more often and thus have newer content sooner. You can jump straight from one to the other with absolutely no problems.

Last edited: