Questions about First-14

voidrunner

Jun 26, 2016
There is an elevator in the back, is there any way to access other levels of this map?

Also, Overqueen implies the possibility of possibly meeting her again. Is there a way to do that, and if so, where? She no longer appears on the ship.

voidrunner

Jun 26, 2016
No, and also no.
Alright ^^ will meeting her again be something that eventually happens in the future, or will that be the end of her content?

TheShepard256

Alright ^^ will meeting her again be something that eventually happens in the future, or will that be the end of her content?
William has expressed interest in writing further content for her, so I'd say it's likely we will have the option to meet her again sometime in the future. I expect it'll take months until he's ready to write for her, though, so don't hold your breath.

SSS1337

Jul 23, 2022
What's the point in the elevator if it can't be used? Is it just on the eternal back burner?

Balek Crisp

Dec 30, 2020
The United States
No, and also no.
The station is meant to be a tutorial area, so I can get behind that.

That being said, if you're going to put a tile on the map and not expect me to want to go in there, at least make that more clear by not having that tile there. Though I'd rather that you guys make that elevator usable; you're not taught about going up and down stair tiles until you visit Tarkus, and even then you're forced to do that without explanation of what button to press in order to progress the game. For all we know, players are actually getting stuck on the Tarkus stairs stuff.

JakeFromStateFarm

Jan 15, 2016

That being said, if you're going to put a tile on the map and not expect me to want to go in there, at least make that more clear by not having that tile there. Though I'd rather that you guys make that elevator usable; you're not taught about going up and down stair tiles until you visit Tarkus, and even then you're forced to do that without explanation of what button to press in order to progress the game. For all we know, players are actually getting stuck on the Tarkus stairs stuff.
inb4 they make it accessible, then have it get stuck and make it so you have to call for rescue.

• Haha
Reactions: Balek Crisp

Kyubi Xiaolong

Jul 17, 2022

um tavros has stairs and elevators and its prior to tarkus so...

furyuri

Aug 20, 2022
Is this expected? I completed the abandoned station, but there's no record of my encounter with Mel’Ysolte.

1661281875718.png

bibbitybobbityboop

Aug 1, 2022
Is this expected? I completed the abandoned station, but there's no record of my encounter with Mel’Ysolte.
It's not what I expected, but I have the same situation (unknown if it is an issue); Mel'Ysolte is not mentioned in my Codex > Encounters > Main > FIRST-14 journal, and neither is anything else.

This is also true of a save of mine which started in an earlier game version.