Question regarding using creatures from the game in comissions

Zurggy

Mar 11, 2017
Hello there, much like the topic title says i was wondering if people are able to use creatures in the game for commissions like artwork or stories? I was also wondering if people are able to edit for the commission some things for the idea? the reason i ask this was when i saw the artwork for the creature called varmint from the new Texas planet, it made me want to do some commissions with the design and some lore behind it. i was not sure who to ask to do something like this so i figured i would post in the forms to get an answer. was also wanting to make sure on who to give credit to if needed for that creature in using the design and concepts.

if the owner needs to know what is wanted to be commissioned, was wanting to use the design in one commission to make a sort of hybrid for a xenomorph like feral beast. the other idea was playing on the lore with there being super varmints and making an anthro form and story in the future showing how one normal varmint becomes a super variant and becoming smarter and bigger over time and eventually gain an anthro form from consuming a large amount of silicone.

heres a link to the creature in question if needed from the wiki: https://wiki.smutosaur.us/TiTS/Varmint

Edit: forgot to mention this would not be monitized, its just for a personal commission.

Last edited:

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
You can, although it's usually good practice to get permission from the original author first. There's also no guarantee that your commission will get in-game, if that is your desire.

Zurggy

Mar 11, 2017
well, thats the thing, i have been trying to figure out who is the original author but have had no luck. so i was hoping someone from the forums would know who so i can ask that individual for permission. and i didn't plan to have these idea go into the game. i had something similar with upgrading the varmint via silicone but im not a good enough writer or know code to do so on my own since i know you have to write the ideas up and try to code them yourselves if you want to try and add something to the game.

Zurggy

Mar 11, 2017
Sure, go for it.
alright then, thanks for giving me permission. i wanted to know for credit on the original design and beast concept what would you prefer me to use? just your Savin username and link it to TITS?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
alright then, thanks for giving me permission. i wanted to know for credit on the original design and beast concept what would you prefer me to use? just your Savin username and link it to TITS?

Yeah, that's fine. Jacques did the art/visual design side of them, though.