Question about Venus Pitchers

Versicolour

Oct 13, 2019
I was thinking I might try my hand at submitting content, and my first idea was to add a scene with Venus Pitchers where the PC assumes the dominant role. Before I get started, however, I’d like some additional information about the Pitchers themselves:

1. Is it viable from a coding or lore perspective to have the player assume a dominant role, seeing that Venus Pitchers are not a combat encounter? Would it be possible to either wrest control of the situation from them with a skill check during dialogue? Could they be persuaded to let you be the one in charge?

2. The codex says their genitals are located on their tentacles, but on the busts drawn by Cheshire, it looks as though they also have a vagina on their crotch. Is this an actual functional sex organ, or simply an imitation or something else?

Thank you for your time.

TheShepard256

1. Is it viable from a coding or lore perspective to have the player assume a dominant role, seeing that Venus Pitchers are not a combat encounter? Would it be possible to either wrest control of the situation from them with a skill check during dialogue? Could they be persuaded to let you be the one in charge?
Yes on all accounts, though I'd imagine the last one would be difficult to accomplish without promising to provide what they need and/or want.
2. The codex says their genitals are located on their tentacles, but on the busts drawn by Cheshire, it looks as though they also have a vagina on their crotch. Is this an actual functional sex organ, or simply an imitation or something else?
They don't have any need for a conventional vagina, so it's likely either an imitation, or an artistic embellishment of ambiguous canonicity.

Versicolour

Oct 13, 2019
In that case I’d like to know what is going on with their crotch, canonically. They clearly have one, since the codex specifies that their legs fuse at the knees.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
I wouldn't use busts as canon, they're artist interpretation for the most part.

Reactions: OofS

Versicolour

Oct 13, 2019
Also, just to make sure, what counts as “hardcore rape”? It’s one of the blacklisted content tags in the submission rules, but I’m not sure what the boundary is. Most of the defeat scenes are already rape, on top of some other non-defeat scenes (e.g. Roxy’s anal scene).

Versicolour

Oct 13, 2019
I wouldn't use busts as canon, they're artist interpretation for the most part.

Alright, I’ll keep that in mind. Do you happen to know what’s canon, then? Again, the codex description leaves no doubt that they do have a crotch.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Alright, I’ll keep that in mind. Do you happen to know what’s canon, then? Again, the codex description leaves no doubt that they do have a crotch.
I haven't read the codex for them in a long time. If it says they have a vag there in the text then they have it.

Versicolour

Oct 13, 2019
No, the codex says their legs fuse at the knees (meaning their thighs are separate, so they have a crotch section at the upper junction), but doesn’t say if they have a vagina (real or imitation) or if it’s featureless or anything else.

TheShepard256

Also, just to make sure, what counts as “hardcore rape”? It’s one of the blacklisted content tags in the submission rules, but I’m not sure what the boundary is. Most of the defeat scenes are already rape, on top of some other non-defeat scenes (e.g. Roxy’s anal scene).
Scenes like that already in-game are considered "soft" rape; if I were to give a rule of thumb, the difference between hard and soft rape would be "they explicitly said 'no'" versus "they didn't explicitly say 'no' but didn't explicitly say 'yes' either".
In that case I’d like to know what is going on with their crotch, canonically. They clearly have one, since the codex specifies that their legs fuse at the knees.
Perhaps ask one of the devs? If they don't know (or care), you could be the one to answer that question once and for all.

Reactions: Paradox01

Versicolour

Oct 13, 2019
Scenes like that already in-game are considered "soft" rape; if I were to give a rule of thumb, the difference between hard and soft rape would be "they explicitly said 'no'" versus "they didn't explicitly say 'no' but didn't explicitly say 'yes' either".

I think there must be more to it than that, because I’m pretty sure e.g. Roxy does explicitly say “No, stop, don’t fuck my ass,” (IDK if I’m recalling it word-for-word correctly, but it should be pretty close regardless) before you procede to do so anyway.

Perhaps ask one of the devs? If they don't know (or care), you could be the one to answer that question once and for all.

I’m going to pull the newbie card out here. I thought the devs checked this forum from time to time—is that not the case? Would I contact someone in particular, or the devs as a whole? Where should I do this? Wouldn’t I just be bothering them?

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
if I were to give a rule of thumb, the difference between hard and soft rape would be "they explicitly said 'no'" versus "they didn't explicitly say 'no' but didn't explicitly say 'yes' either".
And the word you're looking then would be "dub-con". :p

TheShepard256

I think there must be more to it than that, because I’m pretty sure e.g. Roxy does explicitly say “No, stop, don’t fuck my ass,” (IDK if I’m recalling it word-for-word correctly, but it should be pretty close regardless) before you procede to do so anyway.
And the word you're looking then would be "dub-con". :p
Yeah, I'm not exactly an expert on the distinctions between these kinds of things. It's probably better for you to stick to writing purely consensual scenes unless and until you're confident you know where the boundaries are.
I’m going to pull the newbie card out here. I thought the devs checked this forum from time to time—is that not the case? Would I contact someone in particular, or the devs as a whole? Where should I do this? Wouldn’t I just be bothering them?
They do, but which parts of the forums they check vary wildly. For example (and this is based on their posting history), Fenoxo occasionally checks the TiTS Bug Reports subforum, while Savin checks many more subforums much more frequently. As for which dev to contact, since the Venus Pitchers don't have an author listed, I'd default to asking Fenoxo; he's best contacted by @'ing him on the Discord server's Tainted Space channel. Many of the devs spend enough time on Discord and/or these forums to regularly answer questions thrown at them, so I don't think you'd be bothering them.

Reactions: Paradox01