Question about Submissions re: birth and eggs

Shinimasu

Jun 4, 2023
So coming back to the forums after a looooong time away, been playing through CoCII and enjoying it, but was mildly disappointed when I had my character take the ovilixir and got a pretty short blurb about laying the egg that was definitely a lot sparser in the smut department than CoC was with the same mechanic. Just sort of "congrats you popped out an egg."

I figured I might try to be the change I want to see in the world so I went to read the event writer's guide and the design document and under birth mechanics it had this:

"...should absolutely be glossed over where possible, at least re: live birth. Shit's gross yo."

So what I'm getting is that this very much isn't the designer's kink. So two questions:

- I was looking over the submission guidelines and I see a lot about writing brand new scenes, but not a lot about extending "stubs" as it were. Is writing an updated ovilixer (and maybe updated harpy/lizard/plant egg/seed laying scenes) even possible within the submission guidelines? Admittedly there is a lot of text in the design documents and I've probably missed something.

- Obviously the designer's more averse to orgasmic birth live than eggs, but is this a case of "not ever, not even with another author" or "yes but someone else needs to write that I'm not touching it." Kiyoko gets some focus during delivery, but I think hers is the most detail I've seen given to it and it's still not really lingered on longer than is absolutely necessary to resolve the event.