Question about magic books

Castawayfan

Dec 25, 2016
i decided to start the game again after somehow losing my save files and i can't work out how to use magic books anymore, i used to be able to learn then by using them from the inventory but when i try that now it just says i'll destroy it, any help?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Learning from magic books always was making them vanish so you need to farm more of them to learn all spells. So nothing weird in them been destroyed/vanishing. UNless you not getting any intelligence boost/learn any spell after using like 3-5 white or black books in a row. Then it would be some sort of bug if you jsut using books and their doing nothing.

Castawayfan

Dec 25, 2016
i think it was something different since i was somehow able to use the book now, when it worked it said i read it to learn a spell but before it said it would be destroyed just like if you threw any item away

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
If PC int is high enough to learn spell PC not yet know it will make PC learn said spell. And if not enough int for learning new spell or all spells for this type of magic known it will give some bonus point(s) to int. But it always ends up used up like any consumable.