Question about Canine Poppers

leomax

Dec 3, 2017
On the wiki it says that canine poppers have a 1/5 chance of giving you a fur color pattern. I've never actually seen this , i've encountered the special skin/scale patters from the shark pits. Never from canine poppers.

So I guess my question is, is it actually implemented yet? I know I could be unlucky but the amount of times, even with cheat infinite items mode on just to see it comes up seems like its just not implemented yet or something

Wanted to know if I was wasting my time

braincoral

Jul 27, 2017
I checked out the code for Canine Poppers. It doesn't look like the patterns part of the transformative were actually implemented. They're only mentioned in a comment. It just changes fur color to gray, cream, white, golden, brown, silver, orange, or black. I went ahead and updated the wiki.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Yeah fur patterns have always been shot down and removed from game items upon implementation. Note that Pickmentation suffered the exact same thing.

Fur patterns have not been a thing and sadly they won't because of code shit being the biggest issue. So you can't have fancy fur patterns whatsoever.

Last edited:

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Aren't there scale patterns and mixed types of skin colors with shark bites and kerokas venom respectively?

braincoral

Jul 27, 2017
Kerokoras Venom appears to set the skin color to strings like "orange and green", "black and red", etc. So as far as the game is concerned its still technically a single color.

Shark Bites appear to add a custom "Shark Markings"/Stripes status effect that uses the skinAccent color to decide the color of the stripes. I'd imagine you could probably add patterns in a similar way, but someone would actually have to code it, and like many things I'd imagine it wouldn't play well with existing scenes or scenes not coded specifically to use it. I'd guess whoever coded Canine/Pupper Poppers decided it wasn't worth the trouble.

Last edited:

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Kerokoras Venom appears to set the skin color to strings like "orange and green", "black and red", etc. So as far as the game is concerned its still technically a single color.

Shark Bites appear to add a custom "Shark Markings"/Stripes perk that uses the skinAccent color to decide the color of the stripes. I'd imagine you could probably add patterns in a similar way, but someone would actually have to code it, and like many things I'd imagine it wouldn't play well with existing scenes or scenes not coded specifically to use it. I'd guess whoever coded Canine/Pupper Poppers decided it wasn't worth the trouble.
I think Fen coded Lashcharge's Pupper Poppers.
The markings don't even have to be mentioned in scenes specifically, Vanae markings aren't and so on. It's usually an aesthetic thing only.
Actual fur patterns though I don't think are supported, skin accent =/= fur pattern exactly. Though I think you can write them in as the fur/skin/scale parser itself without messing with anything, but knowing Fen can change stuff, idk how he'd do on that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15512

I mentioned this in another thread, but a work-around is using TiTSEd to change your fur color to something like "black-striped orange" for tiger fur. Probably best to keep it short, because having the color crop up often during events when it's a mouthful can read a little silly.

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
How much trouble would re-coding the colour stuff be? I *really* want fur-colours to be a thing (I'm honestly rather shocked nobody has sat down and just dealt with it yet, considering how much furry stuff is in this game and how high the demand no doubt is), so I'm tempted to check out a branch and do it myself

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
How much trouble would re-coding the colour stuff be? I *really* want fur-colours to be a thing (I'm honestly rather shocked nobody has sat down and just dealt with it yet, considering how much furry stuff is in this game and how high the demand no doubt is), so I'm tempted to check out a branch and do it myself
Fur colors ARE a thing, marking types aren't, because Vanae markings screwed things up. x.x

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
Fur colors ARE a thing, marking types aren't, because Vanae markings screwed things up. x.x

Right, I meant markings

how did vanae markings screw it up? I mean, worst case scenario, whomever recodes it just throws out everything related to Vanae markings and then redoes it, then re-adds vanae markings as a marking type