Preferences of Steele(Mechanical change?)

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
I read up on a gripe of a member on the pc getting aroused by tease attacks and then subsequently losing the fight even though the player does not find the enemy's lust attacks arousing at all. The proposition is a section of options at the beginning of the game that determine the character's sexuality and preferences. It would be in a similar fashion as the enemies having preferences on what you can use to arouse them, vaginal, baldness, bulges, tails, etc. The simplest it could go is one of four options, hetero, bi, homo, and pansexual.

They would be permanent preferences of course, unless modified with something like a Badger-patented sexuality modification hypnosis visor or something. I'd imagine the preferences can also be used to lock the player out of sexual scenes that involve things they don't like since the character won't find it arousing but the scenes that do involve those things where it is involuntary would happen anyway.

I know that at this point in the game it is absolutely pointless even bringing something like this up since no one is going to go through the work of modifying it unless they're some crazy mod. New writers would also need to account for this, blah, blah... too much work for everybody. Nevertheless I just wanted to put it out there.

Personally, I don't care about this stuff. I'm into an overwhelming majority of things but I do understand that some people have preferences. Honestly speaking they should try Lilith's throne or something if it continues to be a problem for them they can't solve via avoidance.

Last edited:

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
A system like that would be nice, yes. You're right that it would take a lot of work, especially if someone tried to give the PC the level of granularity some NPCs have.

It might also solve another problem: I remember someone here complaining that their character spoke to Ciaran once, read his Christmas e-mail and now is getting constant gay dreams with no way to opt out (the only choice was to determine the flavor of erotica). The Sleep Fapnia is kind of a nuclear option for this kind of thing, since it blocks all dreams, even the ones you might want.

I'd kind of like to see an overhaul of Lust combat in general, since the only way I know of to get decent Lust defense is to max out Willpower, minimize Libido and get an armor with the Airtight flag.

Stemwinder

Jun 15, 2018
This is always going to be a no.

And it's quite clear why: that's a gameplay issue. You don't get to be immune to half of an enemy's attacks just because they're not your thing as a player. Steele Jr. might be your avatar but they're not you.

So even setting aside all the unnecessary work it's just not built into the fabric of the game. Even outside of gameplay the spirit of it is to be more open about things. It's all just out there; the game's not really designed for the sort of person who can't handle any mention of assplay thrown their way or dicks on chicks.

PriyaX

Nov 24, 2017
A system like that would be nice, yes. You're right that it would take a lot of work, especially if someone tried to give the PC the level of granularity some NPCs have.

It might also solve another problem: I remember someone here complaining that their character spoke to Ciaran once, read his Christmas e-mail and now is getting constant gay dreams with no way to opt out (the only choice was to determine the flavor of erotica). The Sleep Fapnia is kind of a nuclear option for this kind of thing, since it blocks all dreams, even the ones you might want.

I'd kind of like to see an overhaul of Lust combat in general, since the only way I know of to get decent Lust defense is to max out Willpower, minimize Libido and get an armor with the Airtight flag.

I'm crying, because that character using Sleep Fapnia to avoid dreams in that scenario is literally going "Gay thoughts can't catch me now" in response to Ciaran

Zavos

May 7, 2016
I've already beat this horse to death. It ain't happening.