Preferences - Dark Night, BImbo or Champion? Why?

(´,,•ω•,,)♡

• Dark Knight

Votes: 27 25.0%
  • Champion

Votes: 57 52.8%
  • Bimbo

Votes: 24 22.2%

• Total voters

morii

Feb 8, 2023
So what is your champion's corruption levels? And why?
What do you prefer to play? A dark night, bimbo or champion? How come?

Post your responses below, I'm curious. Or just put your response in the poll. Or both.

(I didn't see a recent poll or question of this so I decided to make a new thread.)
(Bimbos can be either, but they're now included.)

Last edited:

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Bimbo overwrites the other types, so it really is a third category and unlike the other two you can't (legitimately) change to another personality once you've locked it in; there's a reason the primary parser for the Champ's personality is pc.dcb. It's possible to write dialogue for a high-Corruption Bimbochamp separately but it's not that common.

Anyhow, I play a number of Champs and all but two stick with the default Champion personality because that's closest to how I RP them (and it's the most flexible), the exceptions were done specifically to see DK and Bimbo content. And I'm not a huge fan of the edgy DK stuff that makes up most of it so I don't have a huge incentive to play more than one Champ that way, though Aly does good work with her DK content. Bimbo stuff's fun for me, but I only need one Champ to see all of that.

If you want actual numbers, my DKchamp is 90 right now, Bimbochamp varies between 10-50 or so depending on how many demons she's fucked between using the Fountain or visiting the Cloister, my main Champ is a flat zero and the remainder range from zero as well to 20.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sacremas

morii

Feb 8, 2023
Bimbo overwrites the other types, so it really is a third category; there's a reason the primary parser for the Champ's personality is pc.dcb. It's possible to write dialogue for a high-Corruption Bimbochamp separately but it's not that common.

I changed the poll to include bimbo. I figured that was the case, but my reasoning was that corruption is a separate category that influences personality. Since bimbo is kind of it's own thing, though, I'll include it.

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
Champion is certainly my default, generic hero person can be slotted into pretty much every context in the game and work for me. Bimbo is situational, she's fun in a lot of places but I don't like putting her in corrupt situations - too preshus. Dark Knight is very author and character-dependant, a lot of the time they're just ridiculous. Ok bud, we get it, you're edgy.

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
I prefer to go DK because I genuinly find it funnier and more interesting. I find the Chamion character to be kind of milk toast and boring in most situations. DK is fun because it is seems that there was no general consensus on what that personality is supposed to be so it can range anywhere from kind of mean and dickish to completely over the top edgelord cringe depending on the writer, It's very amusing.

Reactions: JoJoDragon and Arai
Eh, not sure this is fair since Champion covers a whole plethora of character and personality types, it's generic main character person, whereas Dark Knight is a much more specific experience.

You can be a cruel sex-crazed clown and still fall under 'Champion', but you could also be the bucket load of generic FOR GREAT JUSTICE/SMITE EVIL holy knights that everyone had at least one of in COC1. With a Dark Knight, you're kind of just stuck as the cruel sex-crazed clown, but now the flavor text is doubling down on that.

So I suppose I prefer Champion simply because I have way more characters falling under that than Dark Knight.

Wish there was a specific non-corrupt asshole personality type though. The amount of shenanigans the champ puts up with would have a lot of people just done with everyone's shit.

Ultra Chad

Aug 22, 2022
My PC is a champion that tries to maintain zero corruption. While he does have max libido and is always in a rut, he has full control and is not a sex crazed manic.

Sacremas

Jan 11, 2023
Most of my characters are actually pure, with max ~40 ish corruption from sexing stuff I shouldn't or using TFs Vaush's juice to refine the character, then wash it off after. I tend to run one purely corrupt evil mage to get through the lot, but with a few exceptions have been consistently disappointed with the Corrupt and "evil" content. As it is now I just keep the DK to run though content just to see the other side of it if I picked all the "bad" choices, while considering my goody two shoes 0 corruption Paladin type character my "headcanon" character so to say.

However I still had the most fun with my Bimbo, due to the great bimbo scenes in the game currently, so that's where I voted, even if that's maybe 1/5 at best my actual play time in the game.

D

dirt_code

My main is in the pure range so he's got a champion personality, but my vote went to dark knight since I like the more dominant tone it has compared to champs and they're lowkey kinda funny.

Tony_Redgrave

Dec 11, 2021
I like the title of Dark Knight but don't like the personality type. It's a bit too rapey/assholey compared to the usual Dark Knight archetypes I enjoy playing as (by design of course). I think I've taken a liking to normal champ with high cunning.

Last edited:

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
DK.

While most writers are not really proficient at writing it, Annika was painful in some instances, I still enjoy the fact that the game at least treats us there like we are the most important person in the game because, spoiler alert, we actually are. Sure, some of it is backhanded in it's delivery, but who cares. At the end of the day, the story is all about us
-- not about some useless gods, Kitsunes or our companions.

Having said that, I wish that sometimes other characters would try to shut up the DK when he/she gets to carried away with his sas. Dialogue bouncing off is part off the fun, yet a lot of the time it feels like we say something snarky and no one really reacts to it.

Champ and Bimbo feel to unimportant. The bimbo especially spends to much time ogling others without your eye candy aknowlidging that you are the hottest piece off ass in the game. I do not mind Bimbo finding others hot, but I want others to find me equally, if not more attractive, is my point. So Annika is good on that front.

But backtracking little, I also like being a bad guy and being on top so I will treasure any instance where that is the case.

PuppyPrincess

May 13, 2017
I am very basic so I tend to go with Pure Champ as its flexible and I can run around as a subby little goody two-shoes to my hearts content!

Dark Knight makes me sad lol so I don't touch it.

I used to carry around Bimbo Brew to try out specific bimbo variants of scenes but I ended up making a 2nd character because of how much I liked Aly's variants and her focus on the 'heart full' side of the coin. She's such a cutie in scenes with Anni and Serena <3

Yokohama

Feb 19, 2020
DK all the way, I enjoy the dickishness u can get in to sometimes but I do agree that the writing can take a dive depending on who's making it, with a lot of content being borderline non playable, weird that u help at all (valkyrie quest) or non-factoring your personality cuz some authors not wanting to make a another version of a area (hornet hive post run)

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
Bimbo all the way. I love the special scenes that accommodate the bimbo champ and makes it better. Annika, Serena and Kas are the best npcs I enjoyed for bimbo champs. Corruption levels vary, two playthroughs are 100% pure and Valkyrie. My kitsune champ is a little bit corrupted and my 4 other champs who are not soul bound are again varied.
The only champ that's not a bimbo is a DK, my dominant futa lupine that may or may not take Narvea's (snake lady goddess) TF.

Last edited:

Cannibal Cravings

Jan 17, 2023
Normally I play the bad guy because most games don't allow you to take that approach but CoC 2 is kind of the exception. Sadly there just isn't enough good content for Dark Knights at the moment to warrant fully committing to that route, of course that's just my own opinion on the matter. If there was more solid corruption options to pursue I may give it another hard look and change my mind but I've been enjoying my champion good guy characters the most so far.

morii

Feb 8, 2023
I play all of them, mostly pure, but the one I gravitate towards is DK.

So, I have to admit I play a 'faux DK' since most of the choices I make are 'pure'. In game terms she makes good choices. But although my DK Langley vanquishes evil, saves innocent maidens etc. she is still a depraved slut, and extremely bitter.

I never played a male DK but I always liked playing evil/vicious women. My experience with renegade Shep in Mass Effect was extremely fulfilling even though most people play Paragon. The only thing I hate about running evil playthroughs in most other games, is that I don't get what I deserve--a reward. Hopefully that changes, so I can make the proper choices.

Edit: I also really like Bimbo. My reserved champions are nice to play too, but it's nice to go out of my comfort zone from time to time.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirt_code

Lucky_I

May 29, 2021
Champion. I'm a huge paragon at heart so not only do I just not like being a dick for no reason, throughout most if not all my history of gaming, you usually get way better shit for being paragon than otherwise too(take this game for example. You can just lock yourself out of content for being a dick). So I get to feel rewarded on top of being rewarded.

Paragon til death.

Reactions: Acharehnus

Majincotton

Oct 29, 2019
I love a lot of the DK convo stuff because a lot of it makes the champ sound like a brat. First ones to come to my head are the convos with brint, high con ryn and annika.

I wish there was a way to choose your dialogue path at the beginning of the game cause I'm not big on making evil choices (I like helping people) and it always feels like I miss out on certain choices in early game.

HighPriest

Aug 18, 2017
I naturally trend toward evil characters in games, but the DK quest solutions are so rare, and so obviously suboptimal (most of the ones I've tried lock out a lot of content), that I usually go with generic Champ. I find it boring, but less likely to get punished for picking the "wrong" answer.

Acharehnus

Jun 3, 2022
I should do a bimbo run at some point too, I hear they're pretty much kind but ditzy? That'd be fun.
Update I've now mostly caught up as a bimbo character and they are A LOT of fun, I also made them a valk and was surprised that Serena in Khorminos had a reaction to me being a valk! Alypia really putting in the work across the board.

CboyC95

Jul 14, 2021
Champion for me, because I can't see myself be a villain in these sorts of games.

TyDyed

Mar 17, 2021
I usually end up going Champion. I can enjoy playing a more morally questionable or mean-spirited character, but if I'm playing an asshole, I usually prefer them to be an asshole with an actual point or with a clear goal. They just happen to be particularly callous in how they convey that point, or ruthless in how they achieve that goal. Which I don't really get from a lot of the dark knight stuff.

Reactions: CasualAntlerEnjoyer

morii

Feb 8, 2023
I have to say that, although I enjoy DK a lot, champion is much more fulfilling (see my complaints on the subject.) I have a lot of fun playing 'reserved' champions since that most encapsulates my actual personality, and you don't get punished for it (much.)

Reactions: Majincotton

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
I love a lot of the DK convo stuff because a lot of it makes the champ sound like a brat. First ones to come to my head are the convos with brint, high con ryn and annika.
I am at the other side of the court when it comes to Annika, at least at the beginning. The DK champ comes off as way to much of as spoiled/entitled brat which does well in taking me out of the experience. A lot of the conversations early come of as the champion trying to be "to cool for school" in similar way a child compare their dad to anothers.
Annika: "My father is a truck driver."
Champ: "Well my daddy is an astronaut, what do you have to say about that."
Annika: "That is so cool!"
Champ: "Screw you."

Now, the further you go through her content, and especially after you get option to hug her, the Dark Knight mellows out enough that they can hold a dialogue without trying to suck themselves of to much. I still wish Annika was more reactive to our sas (altough I think that her lack of reaction is somewhat the point.)

Last edited:
Annika: "My father is a truck driver."
Champ: "Well my daddy is an astronaut, what do you have to say about that."
Annika: "That is so cool!"
Champ: "Screw you."
You see it's actually because the Champ knows ahead of time that Annika has minor Corruption decrease mechanics cooked in, and so are trying to prevent you the player from going down that path with the most obnoxious dialogue they can muster.

Good guy/gal Dark Knight is just trying to keep the player from losing that hard earned Demonic status.

Some people complain about DK dialogue with Anni but I rarely see any specific quotations. If complaints were less vague, they might be easier to address.
That's fair, and hats off to you for being willing to actually play ball here and consider addressing said dialogue.

Though I will leave any actual dialogue nitpicking to those more attached to the Dark Knight route in the first place. I know I'd like the DK Annika talk scenes a bit less hammy overall, but to what extent is something best heard from those really into corruptionmongering.

Though if no one actually does step up, I suppose I can step out of my lane for a bit. After being superbly nettled at certain individuals for not taking this golden opportunity to present constructive feedback on this after complaining about it multiple times recently, of course.

• Haha
Reactions: morii and Emerald