Please Help, Can't Edit Save.

Drac33

Dec 17, 2022
I was attempting to slightly edit one of my save files (well, a copy of it) so as to un-disable Azzy/Liaden, opening it in my text editing program (LibreOffice) and changing the parser "LIAZZY_DISABLED\":1,\ from 1 to 0, which I assume should do the trick. But for some reason when I do so and save the document, then try and load it in the game, the game simply refuses to open it. I don't get a message or anything, it just won't load, this despite that the file type is entirely unchanged, though the file size for some reason---just from the act of saving---goes from 233,917 bytes to 233,944 bytes, and switching the parser back doesn't change the file size back.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or why this isn't working? Or, alternately, if there's another way to get the result I want without having to manually edit my save file this way?

UPDATE: After some further messing around, I suspect the fact I have a custom icon uploaded might be part of the problem. Which just prompts another question... is there any way to simply remove your champ's custom icon from the game once one's been uploaded? Because all it will seem to let me do is replace it with a different custom icon, not just get rid of it entirely.

UPDATE2: Well, I was sort of right. By downloading the generic "warrior symbol" icon from the game, then uploading it in place of my custom icon, I was able to make the edit and still have the save be loadable afterwards... EXCEPT for the problem that, despite that all I did was change a damn 1 to a 0, the game somehow knows I did this and throws up the "an edited save has been detected" bollocks when I load it. Is there some other method to achieve what I want to do without the game bitching at me when I haven't even changed anything outside of its own bounds?

Last edited:

Tarnakus

Oct 31, 2020
You probably need to clear also AZZY_LIA_WING with LIAZZY_DISABLED - and by clear I mean delete them completely from the save file, not just changing the value. Delete means delete everything between commas and one comma. For more I would need save file to play around.

Second, don't use such an advanced text editing program - I use Notepad++ or normal Windows Notepad - neither broke my save and I do have my picture loaded. Libre changed the coding of the file and/or overwritten some parts with something else because of some default settings you have - it could be a language setting if your language has special signs.

With the last thing, I will not help you - you save edit, you need to pay the price of the notification.