Playing SWF in Chrome

Gplikespie

Aug 28, 2015
So, I just re-installed my OS due to reasons, and downloaded chrome. Unfortunatly, from what I can tell, the newest versions of chrome do not support Flash, and Google seems to have made it as hard as possible to force-enable flash.

Now, whenever I try to play the game in Chrome, it just prompts to download it instead. I already have it, and this seems to be a problem people have had, but none of the solutions I have found on google seem to work.

Anyone have a link to an older version of Chrome, and how do I make sure it doesn't update?

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
There are fixes to your issue here on this forum, but they will only work for so long before Chrome updates again and messes more things up. Using older versions of Chrome and forcing it to never update is also unnecessary, you can download the standalone Flash Player that will always run Flash programs and will never have it's saves wiped with cache clearing like Chrome can. You'll want to scroll down the page a bit and get the "Flash Player Projector" for your operating system.

Gplikespie

Aug 28, 2015
Hm thanks. I'll look into it, but for now I'm using an older version of chrome. It would be nice if they would FIX the flash problems, not just make it so a whole bunch of software would stop working.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Hm thanks. I'll look into it, but for now I'm using an older version of chrome. It would be nice if they would FIX the flash problems, not just make it so a whole bunch of software would stop working.
That's the thing, they don't want to fix the problems because they're trying to get people to stop using Flash all together.

Gplikespie

Aug 28, 2015
My only question is, TiTS is WRITTEN in flash, right? does fen plan to switch to, say, HTML5 at some point? Some guy was dinking around in the Forums on the CoC Mods thread, working on converting (See: ReBUILDING) CoC in HTML. Had a working thing set up, but I don't think anything's come of it in ages.

Rozark

Nov 25, 2017
Chrome will play an .swf file contained on a web page at least for now, if you still want to play in Chrome paste the below into notepad and save as an .html file. You will need to edit the <embed src="FileName.swf"> line to point to the name of your .swf file and save the .html file in the same directory. The styling is just to remove the <object> default border

Code:
<html>
<head>
<style>
html
{
    border: 0px;
    margin: 0px;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding: 0px;
}
body
{
    border: 0px;
    margin: 0px;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding: 0px;
}
</style>
</head>
<body background="black">
<object border="0">
    <embed src="CoC_1.0.2_.swf" width="100%" height="100%"></embed>
</object>
</body>
</html>

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Isn't there a less complicated way of making Chrome load the downloadable version of the game? Because idk how to even do all of that without the thought of possibly fucking up something.
STG I hate Chrome. x.x

Last edited:

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Flash still works just fine for me on the newest version of Chrome.