Piercing Shop

Sloane

Jun 1, 2019
Hi, I’m new and naive motivated by the fact I’ve had exactly one piercing item drop on its own in all my time running around planets. I’ve also done a bit a digging on other ideas/submissions for this, and it seems like the concept is cursed, but fuck it, somebody’s gotta write the thing and then actually finish/submit it/not vanish. Now that I’ve jinxed myself, my idea is this:

Claire’s/Hot Topic in Space
A shop in the Tavros Station Merchant Quarters, possibly next to Shear Beauty/right at the edge of the Red Light.

The proprietor (let’s call him Johnny for now) is a mostly normal human male who, thanks to a fuck-up with cybernetic implants, physically can’t feel anything. Given the circumstances of how it happened (it’ll take a bit to get him to open up about that or anything else), he can’t easily/safely/cheaply get that fixed without risking further brain damage.

Since he’s a skinny, try-hard looking goth with a brusque attitude and enough piercings (he’s basically modeling every kind the player can get and then some) to be a lightning hazard, Steele’s response to that revelation vary based on personality type, with the asshole option being to smack or punch him just to test it. If your Steele is too nice or refrains from violence, Johnny will demonstrate by breaking one of his own fingers without so much as flinching.

Either way, that leads to the introduction of Johnny’s assistant/caregiver VI, who exists to monitor and heal any damage he sustains, accidentally or otherwise. She could possibly offer services similar to V-Ko on-station, able to heal Steele and scan for SSTDs, but initially she’ll claim she can only legally treat Johnny.

Since he can’t feel anything, Johnny refuses any sexual advances. A quest to fix that could possibly be added down the line, but his healbot could offer sexual relief in the meantime.

Shop Offerings
existing items for sale include...
-piercings (each new variety unlocks with Johnny coincidentally getting new stock as Steele gets access to new planets)
-skull patterned bra
-more?

and possible new items like...
-biohazard sign patterned boxers
-band t-shirt
-edgy t-shirt (similar to New Texas’ cheesy t-shirts but with slogans like “Normal People Scare Me” that provide penalties to sexiness)
-faux vintage t-shirt (made to look like cartoon merchandise from 30 years ago)
-video game t-shirt

What do y’all think? I’m not really sure about the store name itself, or even the names of the shop NPCs, but I thought I might as well float the idea across

Kingly K Duel

Jun 2, 2019
Hi there! Im new myself, but tattoos haven't been done yet, same for piercings. I hope your idea gets a nod from the pros developing the game.

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Heck yeah, friend!!!! It would also be great if Johnny can also remove any piercings for you like Yara does at her Piercing shop in CoC.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
I'm liking this! Maybe he could sell jewelry too? Like rings, necklaces, anklets, earin-oh wait that's a piercing... but yeah, you get what I'm going for.

Reactions: Sloane

runingman69

Nov 24, 2018
canuck land.
A jewelry store is in the works from a seasoned writer. The idea is decent but for your first project i would start off smaller. Making a store is hard making an Npc is harder. Maybe try a small item pack for the game? Several vendors could sell them in game already.

Sloane

Jun 1, 2019
A jewelry store is in the works from a seasoned writer. The idea is decent but for your first project i would start off smaller. Making a store is hard making an Npc is harder. Maybe try a small item pack for the game? Several vendors could sell them in game already.

Ooh, sweet! That’s good to hear then.

And you make a good point. Hell, Aurora could use a few new cachkies, just so there’s more reason to stop in and check on her after Anno and/or Shekka are gone from Novahome. Poor kid. Ooh! And then there’s Colenso...

Imagine the vintage Terran junk that could be found once the other levels were delved into...

Last edited:

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Link to doc/thread, pls?

Sloane

Jun 1, 2019

runingman69

Nov 24, 2018
canuck land.
Ooh, sweet! That’s good to hear then.

And you make a good point. Hell, Aurora could use a few new cachkies, just so there’s more reason to stop in and check on her after Anno and/or Shekka are gone from Novahome. Poor kid. Ooh! And then there’s Colenso...

Imagine the vintage Terran junk that could be found once the other levels were delved into...
See you are thinking smaller there. You can make some fun items without a new npc.

Reactions: Kesil

Sloane

Jun 1, 2019
See you are thinking smaller there. You can make some fun items without a new npc.
Thanks for pointing that out, too. I totally forgot about stuff in development for Uveto somehow.

btw should I just start a new thread for item ideas?