Perverse Incentives - My attempt at a Collaborative Transformation RPG

perverseincentives

Jul 27, 2016
Hello there!  I'm honestly a bit nervous about posting this up here, since I've actually been following Fenoxo's work from way back in the FA UTG days.  Erotic-fiction-wise, to me it's a bit like asking if my finger-painting can also hang in the Louvre.  Nonetheless, since I finally am about to hit the first erotic portion of my little tale I figure it is time to swallow the nerves and make this post.  So, without further ado...

I've created an experiment in collaborative erotic fiction - Perverse Incentives.  It is somewhere between a table-top role-playing game and "choose your own adventure" story, mechanics-wise.  I give my readers full leeway to direct the primary protagonist's actions, using a pen-and-paper mechanics system to determine the results of whatever is chosen by the masses... but then I write a chapter detailing his attempts to bring about those suggestions.  In that way I'm attempting to strike a balance between content and freedom to choose.  (This is also why I'm posting it in the RP section, since I've been told it's more like a "quest" RP than a true game.)

The story is intentionally modeled as something loosely-resembling a "Corruption of Champions" prequel.  It takes place in a fantasy multiverse packed with all the traditional flavors found in your average RPG sourcebook, but then I've thrown in Devon - the Player Character and a recently-unbound imp originating from the Plane of Perversion.  I'm not at all surprised that I'm only at Chapter Three and we're already about to start attempting to transform people.  To be perfectly honest, I'd call that success right there!

Here's the thing though - having made this game with all the Fenoxo and Xadera and Alder influences, I don't want to ignore the fact that they have influenced me.  Honestly, thank you all for providing a truly amazing level of fetish content in your games.  It is incredible how you've managed to do all that and still maintain compelling narratives.  As such, I'd feel ashamed to simply hide the game away from here as if I was hoping they didn't see it (even though I hardly consider it comparable to their level...).  On the other hand I also don't want to just announce that it exists and leave.  Fenoxo, Xadera, Alder, and all the other contributors to these games have done a lot to make it possible for me to even try this experimental game, after all!

So what I've decided on at last is this - the first major erotic scene is coming up, and due to some communications SNAFUs nobody told me what fetishes they wanted to see while they were telling me they wanted to dive into the dark corners of ladies' minds and try to persuade them towards perversion.  This needs to be resolved, and as such I've set up a poll to determine what fetishes will be immediately dealt with (with, presumably, more to come later).  I'm also posting that poll here.  Since the community here is really the backbone of this sort of gaming, I want them to have the option to be involved if they so desire.  It is really the least I can do for having spent such a long time lurking around the fringes of it.

Actually, speaking of which - since I have to assume that everyone here has relatively significant experience with games falling within this realm, if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions to offer I am all ears.  This is my first attempt at anything even remotely resembling this, and as such any advice is 100% welcome.  Thank you for your time and attention!

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Initially, I thought this was intended to be some sort of ruleset for a DnD-esque/tabletop ruleset book, but it looks a lot different once I've done some reading on all this. Firstly, it doesn't fit in this section of the forums. I would recommend using the @ system or PMing someone to have it moved to the fan-fiction stuff. CYOA-style material/writing goes there. Secondly, as a writer and roleplayer, I can say that you have a good idea and story here. But casting it as a sort of prequel to any setting it pretty much stupid. You'd be better off steering clear and making it a "inspired by" tale and then taking your own path. Writing stories within other people's settings could easily result in catching flak, especially on a forum with people dedicated to various fandoms and shit within the Fen-verse. I look forward to seeing some of this stuff, simply because there's never enough quality smut/story-smut writing out there, but it needs to be done in the right board and more clearly represented as "A CYOA using table-top inspired stats and public polls to narrate/direct the story" or what have you.

TLDR: Looks cool, but ask for it to be moved. It doesn't belong in this board, unless you start allowing people to participate more directly in it. As is, it's essentially a CYOA, which falls under the "Fan Fiction & Creative Writing" board's content.

perverseincentives

Jul 27, 2016
Oh goodness.  Thank you!  I'll get it moved right away.

As far as the "prequel" thing goes, that's my attempt at a description and not a literal truth.  I obviously didn't describe it properly if it's coming across as a literal thing.  Let me clarify - where Corruption of Champions has an uncorrupted PC enter a twisted world, my game has a twisted PC enter an uncorrupted world and start perverting it.  I have every expectation that, given enough time, the world will descend into Mareth-like chaos... but it is not Mareth.  I have drawn inspiration from Fenoxo, Alder, Xadera, and their collaborators - but I'm not about to actually use any of their content directly.  If nothing else, I don't think I'd do it justice!

Thanks for clarifying for me and giving me the opportunity to make my own position more clear.  :)

perverseincentives

Jul 27, 2016
Well, now that this is in the proper category - I have tallied everyone's responses, and thank you for giving me so many of them!  Chapter Three is up now, and I await your suggestions for what to do next!